Mice Direct - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #21
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Oh man Jamie.
Not what I wanted to hear. Can you still use the feeders or are they just too small?

Here is how my order is going.

It's going to take a week to actually ship the order and then it will be in transit for 4 days.
This is slower than when I order from Rodent Pro.
I hope they are still frozen and good quality.
They are usable. I wrote an email last night to Micedirect and within an hour they wrote back to me telling me they would make it right on my next order. The quality is still there and the packaging was excellent. They believe someone accidentally packed the wrong size. For now I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Hope your order gets there as expected!

Jamie

Old 09-14-2006, 04:18 AM   #22
jb916
Worms in your feeders

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHogs
Good and bad here. There product was frozen and shipping was great. However, their fuzzies are more like hoppers. And some of the adult mice were full of worms. The vet assured me that the worms would not affect my snakes, but it did cause them to regurge. Also found that several of the bags had cuts in them. Customer service was great though.
That sucks! Did you check the rest of your feeders for worms? How many mice had them?

Old 09-14-2006, 04:38 AM   #23
jb916
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler
I've been using Mice Direct for a while now. Just got a shipment of 1,700 mice and they were perfect. The prices are the best because they breed their own mice. Unlike other sources who have more overhead because they buy from many different labs. At least you don't have to worry about buying mice and rats with stitches and staples still in place.
Which companies are selling surplus lab animals? I wouldn't want to feed those to my snakes.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #24
rattler
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb916
Which companies are selling surplus lab animals? I wouldn't want to feed those to my snakes.

Taconic farms and RodentPro were two that have been mentioned. Check with RodentPro to verify this.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #25
rattler
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler
Taconic farms and RodentPro were two that have been mentioned. Check with RodentPro to verify this.

I forgot to say that I have never had a problem with RodentPro's mice and never had any bad looking ones either but I was told that they buy their mice from labs. Taconic farms in NY is where I received rats and mice that had been through some kind of surgery.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #26
jnjreptile
Just received another order form mice direct. Frozen solid, great quality and packaging. You cant get any better with them. Great quality rodents for a cheap cheap price.

J&J Reptiles.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #27
SDBoa
Well I just got my two shipments, one from Mice Direct and one from Rodent Pro. I'm happy with both places and will continue to use both to find the best deal or whoever has what I need in stock. I found MiceDirect had the better packaging. Their shipment came in a insulated cooler inside the box with allot of dry ice. Rodent Pro had some insulation wrapped around the rodent with pieces of dry ice thrown in placed inside a box. Like I said, I'm pleased with both and will still use both. I've noticed allot of people complaining about size, etc and shipping price. I was charged the same amount for shipping from both places. I think this is pretty much standard. As size goes, the only true way to get the right size rodent would be to selective breed the rodents yourself. For dirtiness, there has never been an occasion when the rodents don't come with some sort of feces or wood shavings in the bag. For those who breed rodents, they know how smelly and vicious they are. I also find it amazing when people say. "Oh, look what a cute little mouse and how could you feed it to something". Only if they knew the older mice will kill the babies, they eat each other, especially the brain, etc. As far as worms or parasites go, the only way possible to get around it would be to breed your own. Remember most animals, including humans, will have some sort of amoeba, parasite, bacteria, etc occurring naturally in them. All in all I'm happy and would recommend both places to anyone.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:14 PM   #28
Joejr14
...I'm at a loss.

I got one order of mice and rats from RP and it was disgusting. I didn't even bring it up until much later partly because I just didn't 'know' any better, and Kevin did refund me 100%. However, the mice and rats were covered in feces, bedding, and stunk like urine. Limbs had fallen off most all of the fuzzies and pinkies and the blame was placed on the dry ice.

I don't care what anyone says---you get what you pay for when you buy feeders. If you think RP has acceptable product---well, best of luck to you.

I'll stick with BCRF or TMF. I'd rather spend the extra money knowing I'm getting a good product free of bedding, worms, feces, urine, etc etc. My snakes deserve that much.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #29
SPJ
Well it got shipped today. Not yesterday like they said it would.
Quote:
09/19/2006 Shipped
It was scheduled to go out yesterday and arrive Thursday. Now that it has been delayed a day, I can only hope it arrive Friday because if it doesn't, it will end up sitting over the weekend before they deliver on Monday.

They are not impressing me.

A long time to fill and ship the order and then a long time in transit.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:31 PM   #30
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
I have to amend my positive review of Mice Direct to including the following:

The weaned and small rats are extremely small. I am going to contact them about it but it seems that the smalls they sent are what everyone else considers weans.

Have to agree with you Jamie. I just received my order. Everything was still frozen solid which was great but the rat pups and fuzzies are a lot smaller than I am used to. They look fine though and these pigs will end up eating 2 at a time to make up for the size so that part of my order is OK.

The adult mice on the other hand did not make me happy. I am used to seeing bright white, clean adult mice.
These have crap stuck to them and a lot are are dirty looking. They look as if they have pee on the fur (some have a yellow tint and others have a greyish tint). Some are nice looking but the majority are not what I would buy if I saw them in person. Not at all what I want to be feeding normal BP's much less morphs.

I don't know about the rest of the MD customers but this is the last order they will get from me. I have never gotten dirty feeders from RP. This may be a fluke but the long processing time, the long transit time, and the condition of the adult mice turned me off from their company.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!