Ed Clark- Sketchy Ad - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:03 AM   #11
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
If an animal is mislabeled, it becomes misrepresented. An intentionally misrepresented animal indicates an attempt to defraud a customer. It is a lie specifically set down to gain money through the deceit. Bad guy territory.

In that thread, Ed stated the following "Granites have been proven over and over to be geneticly reproducible."
Quote:
I'm also the last guy in the world who will complain about a seller selling their product for any cost they deem appropriate; high or low if they are honest in their advertisement and practices. These animals Ed is advertising seem to have a substantial markup over what could be considered a market average. When coupled with the misleading terms that indicate a genotype he can not possibly verify, it *seems* like an attempt to scam an unsuspecting or less than knowledgeable buyer out of some extra cash.
Just reitterating those two sections since it seems they were overlooked by a few people.

Ed is the guy who posted that granite was a genetic morph, in that thread, it was only hours later when pushed that he changed his stance to note that his specific animals were completely unproven.

Additionally, selling high- selling low, selling at a perfect average of every other dealer on the planet... I do not care if the seller is honest in their representation of the stock which Ed was not. He has made mutually exclusive statements about the animals, only acknowledging the problems after the thread was locked, at which point he opened a locked thread and edited his posts to make it look as if he never made certain statements. That is not honest behavior.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:12 AM   #12
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextworld3
Ed can call them whatever he likes (as long as he is not naming them after proven genetic animals)... No where does he state they are genetic...

So i don't see the problem... enlighten me
I can't edit, sorry for the double reply but... Ed used fairly direct language to indicate that this result of phenotypical elasticity was a straightforward genetic morph. He also applied it to the animals in question.

The problem is that he made two statements, seperated by a few posts full of photos, that, when looked at together create the dishonesty. "This is a granite" "Granites are genetic" If all X are Y and A is an X...

He has absolutely no clue if the pattern these captive hatched imports are displaying is inheritable, but he was happy to tell his potential customers something entirely different.

That clarify it?

Old 05-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #13
Metallicat
It sounds like he is better equipped to sell snake oil.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #14
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Bobby, as usual you display your ignorance and willingness to attack anyone in your sights. I think everyone can remember you attacking those Bearded Dragon folks with no true information at all. you are a liar and a disgrace to all things good!
Ed, Bobby admitted his mistake, as well as apologized profusely for his error. He called and apologized to people on the phone as well as on the forum.

When Bobby could stand up and openly admit that he made a mistake and was wrong...it's called being a MAN, Ed. Anyone can make a mistake.....the difference is those who do their best to make it right, and those who try to hide it or pretend it never happened.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #15
Bill & Amy
How about threats Ed, is that good business behaviour? Remember when I quoted a previously asked question in your for sale thread on bp.net? I quoted Daniel's question of "who produced these animals?" because it wasn't answered in the thread. You went off on a tangent and told me you would take care of me "face to face". It was a question that I wanted answered that I thought you overlooked. When a mod asked you if that was a threat, you quickly deleted the ad.

Remember the Silver bullet thread, you said you had a silver bullet and everyone told you it was a silver streak. But you came back with I have both and just posted the wrong picture. Everyone still asks to see the picture of the silver bullet you have, but you never produced a single picture. You would rather ignore them.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:55 AM   #16
nora
To be honest, Ed's ad does seem a little shady as for the "morphs" or what ever they're suppose to be called, he's trying to sell.. I'm not really huge on the whole morph thing and ball pythons, but an average person who's just getting into the hobby is going to see the add and see that they're getting supposively "high end" morphs for a cheap price, when in reality, they're just extremely nice looking normal snakes. And to be honest, none of the harleys or granites look like either. even the said blackhead...

Maybe if you said that you can not guarentee on the genetics of the snakes, Ed, it wouldnt be deemed as misrepresentation. ?

Old 05-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #17
RyanT
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
If you don't like em, don't buy em.

Exactly. Who cares? This is a waste of space. Boo-Hoo.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #18
Griz
I reckon it's at least better than being a waste of good air.....

Ed has continually lied and then lied again to cover his tracks. He personally called me a whore for the prices I set on animals I produced. He personally attempted to spread lies about me for the sole purpose of reducing his competition, which he failed miserably at. Life's just one big failure isn't it Ed?

And for those that might actually take Ed's threats of physical violence seriously....take a look at this picture in the "what do y'all look like thread". While he might have a Medusa effect, I hardly think anything physical could or would come of it.

Griz

Old 05-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #19
AncientDNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanT
Exactly. Who cares? This is a waste of space. Boo-Hoo.
This thread is about ethical business practices.
Maybe your in favor of tobacco companies targeting children too?!?

Old 05-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #20
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Bobby, as usual you display your ignorance and willingness to attack anyone in your sights. I think everyone can remember you attacking those Bearded Dragon folks with no true information at all. you are a liar and a disgrace to all things good!
Ed, you want to make this personal? Well, this is not about me. It is all about you and your less than honest actions, you have been caught in lie after lie, yet still act like you are the good Mod here. You are no more than a scumbag and this thread is well deserved.

It is just fine in your book to run around and act like God here, well wake up, this is not heaven and you sure as hell are not God. Lies about Wes, Lies about Griz, Lies about Sammy, lies about ads. Lies, lies and more lies Ed, word up Ed, playtime is over!!

You want to make it personal? I am game you idiot, as for idiot, well if it looks like one, acts stupid like one, smells like one and points their finger at everyone else, then it must be an idiot. Wear it with pride Ed, you are nothing more than scum, I will call you on it every time, bet on it!!

Lets talk about how you issue warning points on old posts before the new rules were even made. Or how about your habit of spamming other peoples ads, oh yes, you got one even cheaper, you have even posted right on their ads!! You are a very poor excuse of a human, your morals suck at best, now you have been caught misrepresenting your animals. Then you run around with your warning points to silence the mass, good luck Ed, it is not going to fly any longer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark