Jeane Best- River City Reptiles (Bad Guy) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 PM   #21
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinGaleDragons
Jeane Best- River City Reptiles (Bad Guy)

he died not even 6 months later.

I did find that a male of this quality was being sold at this price was a bit odd he was an incredible red orange color with intense blue side bars and I got him dirt cheap. At the time I should have taken that as a warning and asked more about it but I didn't as I was being told it was just because she didn't have any room from him. After only 24 hours of owning him I noticed he really was never eating like any of my dragons did so I emailed Jeane about this and got no reply finally after a week of emails I gave up. He continued to be a very odd eater and was never very active let alone moved much at all. I began trying to breed him to see if maybe he just needed to see some females, I was able to get him to breed one of my females successfully but then he refused to even beard up at anymore. He simply went back to his old laying around and eating very little

!!Bad Seller!!
You jumped on a cheap price like a hungry fish on a worm!

You knew you had a sick dragon on your hands and you bred him!! unfreakin believable.

You say bad seller, I say bad buyer.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #22
HowlinGaleDragons
Actually he was bred under the conditions he was guarenteed healthy so nothing wrong there his babies are 100% healthy I sent the vet report and Euthenasia certificate and Jeane called me a liar even when my vet called and discussed this with her she dose not care about what happens to any animal. Do not start talking about my creditability for I am a hobby breeder my animals are my pets first breeders second they get the best care. Jeane is a known issue she bought dragons from a breeder I know and never paid him for them how's that sound? A good breeder wouldn't put a sick dragon up for sale nor ignore emails made by me within 24 hours.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #23
Ed Clark
Nicole, you stated that after only 24 hours you noticed that the dragon was not right, and yet you used him to breed.

Have you ever thought that the stress of breeding a sick dragon could have killed him?

Old 06-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #24
Cat_72
Nicole,

I can see both sides of the coin on this one.

I agree, if you attempted to contact Jeanne within 24 hours to notify her of problems with the animal, by all means she should have contacted you back, and at least tried to work with you on what was wrong with the Beardie. Unfortunately, it does not surprise me, after knowing of her history of not so great things, shall we say?

But, if there were concerns on his health on your end from the beginning, there really should have been an immediate vet visit with full workups, not waiting until several months later. And, he really never should have been introduced to ANY of your animals, not knowing if there was something potentially contagious that he could have passed on to them.

IMO....if you would have brought this to the BOI much earlier, and had not introduced him to your own colony, the response here may have been very different (well, except for from Jim, but the "ignore" feature aids in that respect lol).

I am very sorry for your loss, but I think at this point the best thing you can do is to worry about amking certain that your existing colony remains healthy. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have some feccals and blood workups done on at least a couple of the females that were exposed to him, just to be on the safe side.

While I don't think it's feasible to hold Jeanne responsible for his death after this amount of time, I guess it still is a fair warning that she ignored you, your concerns, and her TOS after the sale.

Good luck to you.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #25
Cat_72
sheesh, typos galore...

*making, not amking, and *fecals, not feccals....

Old 06-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #26
Chameleon Company
Nicole,

Quote:
you state:
Actually he was bred under the conditions he was guaranteed healthy
But yet you stated he was not healthy. So, I ask you, which "condition" was it?

How about some proof of you making a TOS claim in the first 72 hours after you received the animal? To be very honest, your claim that it should have had some sort of industry standard vet check, before it was sold to you, is also unsubstantiated. Please post that rationale. Thanks.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:58 PM   #27
HerpOly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Tim,
You, and many others here, will put credence in allegations at whatever whim suits you. Others prefer reasonable evidence before casting their lot. My reputation is just fine with my posts here. If, on the other hand, I came here half-cocked, or attacked your credibility because a son, father, brother, etc, was of criminal background, as you chose to do in your first post, then my reputation, integrity, and everything else that I felt held honor, would be in doubt. Whatever the true story here, and we certainly don't know it based on what has been presented so far, one thing is not in doubt. That would be that you are an assclown. A fool. A punk. All just IMMHO, as usual.
Jim, instead of offering a compelling argument, you chose a childish name calling retort. Jeane and Wendy were partners in crime. It has been documented here on numerous occasions. I have not based my judgment on the daughter's actions, but the mother's this time. It was not a half-cocked response, it was based on factual history. Jeane has been involved in shady deals A LOT. Isn't there some business about Rankin's dragons that has shown Jeane's unethical side?

Why do you avoid the question about your relationship with Jeane and her daughter? Your unwavering support of Jeane brings into question your character. Even if Nicole brings forth indisputable evidence that Jeane misled her, refused to respond to emails, and whatever other failings that come up, you will most likely try to spin the facts like you have in the past when dealing with this family. I find it suspect that you were the first to respond to this complaint, yet you seldom take part in countless threads that are similar.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #28
Chameleon Company
Tim,
Whatever opinions you have regarding other deals are certainly yours, and I will not waste a moments time trying to separate you from them. You are welcome to drown in your small-mindedness. The few credible posters left in this forum have not joined you. You posted here as a classless punk. The matter was not in doubt, but thank you for removing any, had I misread things.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #29
cccreptile
nicole sorry for the loss, but sometimes loss happens. i've been ripped off several times but it happens. in no way is it right.i paid 350 for a female dragon that was a retired breeder when i was told it was younger virgin female. when i breed her all it laid was duds. also a first it was slow feeder but after a few weeks it ate fine. when i contacted the seller they told me they were selling those females for someone else and they don't cover any because it was third party deal. at the show they told they were there form last years stock hold backs they did not have room for. and these were well known breeders with good reps. so i known how you fill but sometimes it happens. i just learned the hard way. good luck and i hope the juvis turn out okay

Old 06-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #30
HerpOly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Tim,
Whatever opinions you have regarding other deals are certainly yours, and I will not waste a moments time trying to separate you from them. You are welcome to drown in your small-mindedness. The few credible posters left in this forum have not joined you. You posted here as a classless punk. The matter was not in doubt, but thank you for removing any, had I misread things.
Jim, why do refuse to answer the question? Instead of sophomoric insults, try expanding my mind with all your 'sagely' wisdom. Just because others have not expressed an opinion reflecting mine yet, doesn't mean they do not agree with my opinion. I do not see anyone voicing the same indignation as you. You call me a classless punk, but I have not resorted to juvenile tactics unlike you, sir. A great deal of one's reputation is based on past actions. Jeane has repeatedly been involved in shady deals. You have repeatedly come in defense of a couple of highly questionable women. Maybe you could have an adult conversation on the matter, and tell us why you feel so strongly about Jeane's virtue in spite of mountains of evidence of past wrongdoing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
jeane best, reptile addictions, wendy childs