IBD Allen belcher/Big daddys wholesale - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #51
Cat_72
Ah, thank you Lloyd, I misunderstood what he said.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #52
Kairo
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Excellent!

Thanks for the good news!
And that is great news. But as we learn more about IBD, we know it has many forms or transmission, perhaps. At least it would seem to be safe to say as well many people who go to the reptile shows hold large constrictors and get the snakes fluid (if present) breath, skin etc. on our clothes. Not good if the snake is infected for our snakes. I don't see why we can't carry it home.

I have gone to 3 shows in Florida, and never once held a snake for fear what i may carry home on my clothes.

I now am going through a problem with a friend who owns many BP's and Boas..they are starting to slowly over months to a year just die. He never once took one of them for a necropsy.

Now he visits and we talk on my porch. This may seem paranoid to many, but i have much hard earned $$$$ in my snakes.

Just my.02 on this subject.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:17 PM   #53
Jon Mitchell
Vet trip for the spider

Well, I took the Spider to the vet today and had a fecal exam as well as blood work. The fecal exam showed no parasitic anomelies. The blood work will be in 3 to 5 days.

I did get in touch with Ralph Davis who I have bought most of my collection from in regards to the spider. He said that in his opinion, a snake of that age and weight, if it contracted IBD before it was shipped to me, it would be dead by now. He also confirmed what Corey was saying about the "wobble head" and the "spider roll" and said himself that he has many spiders that do the same thing. He was all but positive that it didn't seem like an IBD infection but but said never say never.

The vet prescribed Bytrill for any kind of internal parasites that didn't show on the smear/flot test he ran. I am going to keep an eye on him of course and see what happens. I did send an email to Allen telling him I was taking him and he asked to know the results. Not sure if he intends on replacing the snake or reproducing my monies but we'll see.

Jon

Old 11-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #54
Cat_72
That's a good thing to hear, Jon...I have my fingers crossed for you!! The blood tests are not nearly as accurate as the other types, but if he remains as he is and doesn't get any worse.....a solid quarantine is kept in place....hopefully all will be fine. Baytril, however, is an antibiotic, so I would think it was more to cover any kind of infection as opposed to parasites.

And Pamela....a certain amount of paranoia is a good thing, lol. I tend to go overboard, myself......but mine are pets just as much as anything else, and I would be devastated if something happened to them.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #55
greg4000
the whole thing sucks.

i still agree with others that he should stop selling until he knows for sure. thats incredibly irresponsible. regardless, i wont be buying from them at all. thier rap sheet is getting way to long.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #56
Jon Mitchell
Hey Cathy,

Yeah, I reread my post and realized I put parasites instead of an antibiotic. The tests all came back negetive for parasites.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:03 PM   #57
floridaboy85
Jon-> I don't understand the point of your vet visit. It has been pointed out several times that fecals and blood test provide no information on the presence of IBD. Live tissue biopsy is required to know. So you went to the vet and still don't know. If this snake dies it needs to be biopsied, it's the only way to know.

Bill-> OK His adds were pulled. Do we know if Allen pulled the adds or if KS did? And if it was KS , why??

Old 11-09-2006, 08:07 PM   #58
Jon Mitchell
Andrew

I went to the vet to see if there was anything else wrong with him. I plan on a biopsy upon death if such occurs. I felt with the severe change in behavior, he might have gotten ill from something else.

If death occurs, I will be sending him out to have a full electronecropsy performed to confirm or deny my and many others suspicions.

Jon

Old 11-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #59
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaboy85
Jon-> I don't understand the point of your vet visit. It has been pointed out several times that fecals and blood test provide no information on the presence of IBD. Live tissue biopsy is required to know. So you went to the vet and still don't know. If this snake dies it needs to be biopsied, it's the only way to know.

Bill-> OK His adds were pulled. Do we know if Allen pulled the adds or if KS did? And if it was KS , why??
I really don't know who pulled them but they were gone.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:16 PM   #60
floridaboy85
His adds are back up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!