Info The Boa Barn!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:54 PM   #11
Durante
I have no major issue with auctions but sometimes that they can be a good example of a few problems & fears in this hobby. When it comes to life in general I think it's better to be safe then sorry & with auctions it usually seems the deal is made to get done quickly with currency being the main objective. If there is a breeder I trust enough to buy an animal from I usually trust there husbandry enough to let an animal stay with them until proper shipping temperatures are available, some breeders will insist on it. Sure sometimes you might have to spend more then you would in an auction but in certain case's you might actually save in the long run trying to obtain a certain critter & running into these types of issues.

It's cool the Boa barn to issue a prompt refund & you didn't lose any cash but sad that a snake died.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:17 PM   #12
JadeEliz
Adding my experience which was completely different than that of the original posters. I won a super fire female and a disco male on 12/27, Boa Barn informed me they were not shipping until the 5th of January due to the holidays. I was more than fine with that. They contacted me on the 3rd and we agreed on shipping them Jan. 5th for Jan. 6th delivery. The delivery was delayed due to weather but Boa Barn remained in contact off and on the whole day. I finally received them at 5pm that evening. They were shipped in a Styrofoam lined box and packed very well. Both were in a bag together with a heat pack taped to the top and a paper type material as insulation. They were cool but no cooler than other snakes I've received with no delay. Both looked great and have been doing well since. I couldn't be happier with them.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:31 PM   #13
Gems7891
That was still eats at me a little I have seen boa barn with great feedback and people show how they shipped in the snakes in bags.My snake was shipped in a deli cup and like it packed it in a huge hurry.They also took a week to respond to my first email and did not send my tracking number till like 5 am in the morning even though it maybe a delay in the email service.I have brought snakes from Ben renick reptiles,Ben siegel reptiles,bhb,and several small breeders.I got nothing but praise for them great animals and customer service.I m glade your happy with them Jade.Well I move on the snake is buried in my backyard. Enough said in this post for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!