Bad Guy DEAD SNAKES from Kevin South of The Constrictors Labrynth - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
colorado
DEAD SNAKES from Kevin South of The Constrictors Labrynth

After losing much sleep over the idea of posting or not, I know I must.
My history is not squeeky clean on fauna, I have had a mistunderstanding, I was the target of other persons anger/disappointment, and I know the hard effects a thread can have on a person......hence, I had to think long and hard before writing this post.
For the record, unlike when I was attacked on fauna, I will not attack Kevin's character or person (not on purpose, so if I error, I apologize).....this is strictly about ill or dead snakes and us getting the short end of the stick after Kevin has our money in his pockets......AND HE DISCONNECTED HIS PHONE OR CHANGED #'S! WHY?
I bought 3 snakes from Kevin South, all shipped 'together' in 'one' bag, laying together, in a box that did NOT allow for any movement, literally, no space to move and all 3 snakes inside of one bag! Anyway, long stroy short, 2 were so thin they could barely raise the front 1/3rd of their bodies off the ground! A het Sharp was ill, had sinus issues, a hard time breathing, fluids coming from it's sinus ports, it refused to eat. Another snake sold to me as a Possible Super Hypo, which had clear sinus area but was very thin, now, as of yesterday, also DEAD! Two snakes, they never ate a meal under our roof, one arrived with snot hanging out of his nose, all 3 bagged together allowing for spread of illness, and did I mention, I have dead snakes? Did I mention they never ate? Did I mention that Kevin told me they ate regularly, without incident, and had in fact eaten not long before coming to me.
I in-turn sold one of these snakes to a very nice nice young couple, trusting Kevin's word that it "ate regularly", passed on the info that they ate regularly to my customers, and boy did I ever screw up!!!! I placed my reputation at risk, and made myself appear as though I presented an ill snake, one which I must (and will gladly) repay my good buyers. I cannot and will not leave my buyer high&dry, as Kevin has left us. How, ethically, logically, can anyone knowlingly pass-on ill snakes, snakes which we were told appear to have not eaten in many many months! I was told this snake had been "healthy", that is what I told my customers! Kevin, you did not tell me the truth.
To credit Kevin, when I first told him about the Het Sharp he dropped a free pair of snakes on me for that credit, WHICH WAS COOL OF HIM. He acknowledged they were very light, and that that was the way he "liked to keep his males" (even though none of his other males looked thin, odd). The sinus issues with the het Sharp were evident, and Kevin even later admitted this to me.
I'm NOT saying Kevin is a bad guy. I'm sure Kevin is a good guy, but I now have a second snake, dead, and I cannot get a return email from Kevin concerning thes econd dead snake.
Also to consider, even the 3rd snake, a big supposed Coral (WHICH IS NOT A CORAL!!!!!) is not moving well, acting proper, and I will need to take her in for a check-up.
I'm just bummed out! I'm sad that Kevin will not address the death of the second snake's death, I'm sad they were all packed together, I'm sad I bought a "Coral" and it's not a "Coral, I'm sad I ever did business with Kevin, I'm sad that he spoke as though we could trust him and he sent us animals that he himself should have already had at the Vet's Office to see what's wrong with them....instead, Kevin Smith mailed them to us!
I cannot stress enough, I'm sure Kevin is a good guy, and maybe he meant well, or didn't know, or whatever......but now he knows, and he is avoiding us, so we can only act on his current actions of not helping us.....so the "Proof is in the pudding", right?
We only hope he will address the issue with us, and again, we DO SO APPRECIATE him taking care of us when we experienced the initial problem, that was very professional of Kevin.
We will keep you updated and hopefull resolve these issues, professionally, politely.
Did I mention he TURNED OFF HIS PHONE?!

Old 05-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado View Post
one arrived with snot hanging out of his nose, all 3 bagged together allowing for spread of illness......
I in-turn sold one of these snakes to a very nice nice young couple

What??????

Old 05-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
colorado
Kevin sent me snakes, two never ate, now dead.
Post death vet check being done, report in fairly soon, and I will post a copy.
Kevin disconnected phone, not answering me, not addressing problem.
Not sure what to do when we're ripped off!

Old 05-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
colorado
If anyone could help get me in contact with Kevin, I would LOVE to work this out, professionally. No name-calling, just need to fix this. It's not personal, it's business.
Thanks folks, and thanks in advance Kevin for helping fix this problem.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado View Post
Kevin sent me snakes, two never ate, now dead.
You were shipped snakes so ill that you could see the snot on one, two are now dead, and yet you SOLD one to an innocent buyer. How do you even have the nerve to complain YOU were sent sick snakes when you turned around and did the same thing to someone else.

Disgusting.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
please post everything you can to back up your statements. Emails between you and kevin, timeline of when this all happened, any photos showing the 'obvious illnesses'. What treatments were done for the snakes?

I did a trade with Kevin in Novemeber of 2009 (traded 3 of my het albino boas for 2 adult amazon tree boas); he was upfront about where the ATBs came from (a prior trade) and they were in fine health, I met Kevin and some of his kids in Tracy and things went well.

His email at that time (was before he set up the website) was south.reptiles@yahoo.com ph# 408-499-4707 the new contact info is: kevin@theconstrictorslabrynth.com www.theconstrictorslabrynth.com website lists ph# 209-855-1229 and he is a member here at Fauna under theconstrictorslabrynth

I sent Kevin an email to alert him to this thread.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
You were shipped snakes so ill that you could see the snot on one, two are now dead, and yet you SOLD one to an innocent buyer. How do you even have the nerve to complain YOU were sent sick snakes when you turned around and did the same thing to someone else.

Disgusting.
I wish someone would send this "very nice young couple" a notice of this thread!!!!

Old 05-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
Lucille
On the other hand, it may just be a pack of lies from Giavasis, I just reviewed his other BOI threads and am not impressed. He could not even get his names straight here, it's Kevin South on the title and Kevin Smith in the post

As usual, April has it all in hand, and has sent notice, so we can hear from the seller.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #9
Riyeko
So wait, I read the whole thing and even though you have no idea what the enter key is, i muscled through it and i think this is what happened...

You bought three snakes from kevin.
They all arrived into your possession in really poor health.
You sold one of those snakes, with poor health, to an unsuspecting couple.

Then in the middle of all of this hubub, you are trying to contact this Kevin person and realize hes turned his phone off and/or changed his number and hasnt checked his email.

I feel for the animals in this if they really were in as poor health as you say they were, stored in a small cramped space like that.
Poor things.

As for selling the sick snake to the couple, why? Why would you do that?
You trying to get rid of evidence??
Or did you say that you "sold" the snake but it never left your possession (as in the customer never got the product)?

I just hope that this gets rectified.
Business or not these are live, breathing and feeling animals.
Money is no priority when three snakes lost their lives to poor management practices.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
Elepheguttata007
I am also very complexed about you selling one of the sick snakes. It really hit me like a brick when I read that. Would love to hear your explanation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!