Bad Guy DEAD SNAKES from Kevin South of The Constrictors Labrynth - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #21
colorado
Whatever needs to be done folks, I am NOT lying.
I have dead snakes.
We keep our snake area like a surgical lab, CLEAN. We use gloves when cleaning. We sterilze containers with anti-bacterial as well as anti-viral. We do not allow strangers into snake area, or people to handle our snakes. We protect our snakes. There is no question the snakes are dead, LOL....dead folks.
If I explained wrong, I apologize, but they are dead. 3rd snake, tongue moving really slow, and it allows it to hang out for loner periods of time. I read an article a while back that stated this action has been noted in cases of IBD. Post-death results will be posted as soon as they are in-hand. That will determine much!
Again, I am not personally attacking Kevin. I do not know him personally. This is strictly a business matter.
Please, I hope nobody would try to make this into a battle of words, as I will not allow that to happen. I merely want resolution. Peace! But I cannot contact Kevin and have tried to email. What's a guy to do? Anyone have ideas? Please, I am not looking for allies, I am looking for sound advise and help, and communication from Kevin, so we can settle it professionally.
If I said or say anything wrong, I apologize....this is not my intent.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado View Post
one arrived with snot hanging out of his nose, all 3 bagged together allowing for spread of illness
Your words.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #23
Lucille
Quote:
I read an article a while back that stated this action has been noted in cases of IBD.
And yet you sold one to an unsuspecting couple..........

Old 05-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #24
Riyeko
Look Colorado.
Is english your first language? Cause I can look up google translate and put it into your native language that way you may understand better what we are trying to tell you.

You bought three snakes.
Packaged together.
One was sick.
You sold one.
Two died.
The sold snake died in new owners hands.

Why sell a snake that had been housed with other sick animals? So what if he looked healthy? You said you were a small hobbyest and you didnt know much about snakes.
But you at least know if someone sneezes on you, you are likely to get whatever they have, unless its seasonal allergies.

We understand you have dead snakes.
We understand that they are at the vet hospital right now having tests done on them to see WHY they died.
But you sold a sick snake to someone. Thats so yucky. So wrong.
Plus you sold them as soon as they got to your doorstep. Why? Why not MAKE sure, to cover your own butt in case something goes wrong when they get to the new owner?

I feel for you in the fact you paid for three snakes and they all died, but man, you gotta use some of whats between your ears!

Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #25
AbsoluteApril
you still haven't given any kind of time line about what happened or posted any emails to show how you had worked out the deal.

When were the snakes ordered? When did they ship? When did you first alert Kevin to the problems? Are these fresh babies or juvis?

(While I wouldn't personally do it, it's not uncommon for small snakes to be shipped in 1 bag.)

In the your first post you stated "To credit Kevin, when I first told him about the Het Sharp he dropped a free pair of snakes on me for that credit"; when did he send these two replacements? how are they doing?

Am I correct in understanding you received a total of 5 snakes, 2 of which died and one is ill that you are taking in for a checkup?

You mentioned they never ate; how were they housed? What feeding attempts did you try? Did you take them to the vet since you noticed 'snot' right away? What treatments were given?

you also said: "I'm sad I bought a "Coral" and it's not a "Coral"
Proof? how do you know it's not a coral?

I just would like more info in order to make a clear judgement. I also hope Kevin responds to this so we can hear both sides.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #26
Matt2979
Quote:
We keep our snake area like a surgical lab, CLEAN. We use gloves when cleaning. We sterilze containers with anti-bacterial as well as anti-viral. We do not allow strangers into snake area, or people to handle our snakes. We protect our snakes. There is no question the snakes are dead, LOL....dead folks.
A) Clean?? Like a surgical lab?? Why would you assume that a sick snake, snot coming out of it's nose, in the same bag with other snakes, at least one you said was "thin", would not get those snakes sick, too???

B) Just goes to show how much you care about the animal's lives. You don't have to know how to use words well, to say a LOT about your own character.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #27
shinezilla
Out of curiosity, how is the snake that you had sold to the couple doing, is that one still alive? And by any chance that if it is, could the death of the two snakes that were in your possession be on your shoulders?

Just to put out there, it's really hard to make a positive judgment about what you are claiming when everything is word of mouth.

You stated that there were emails swapped between you and the seller and between you and your buyer... It would help you out alot dude to maybe copy and paste those on here.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #28
JCCS
This one is pretty simple. Nick apparently got sick snakes dumped on him. Then, in a show of some awesome judgement, instead of holding everything up there and coming here at that point, Nick took the greedy option and decided to dump his problem on an unsuspecting buyer before the snake could keel over on him. Then, past that, he for reasons unknown, decides to come here and report this whole deal, which is just perplexing.

Lovely business ethics there, Nick, I see why you've had issues here before. I'm quite sure in your opinion they were unnecessary.

I've got one question for you Nick. After receiving one sick snake along with a "thin" snake all in one bag, did the thought that selling the "thin" snake was a bad idea never cross your mind?

Thanks in advance for your response, Chris

Old 05-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #29
Morelia4life
I find it funny how this guy has the nerve to complain about having dead snakes but the snake that he sold to the couple will probably die and than they will have a dead snake as well? If you feel so crappy about the whole situation than why turn around and do the same thing to someone else? Does that make you feel better about yourself? Since you got screwed you will screw someone else?

Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #30
laterob
The way I read it, the two deceased snakes are the one he resold and one of the other two that he kept. For the one he kept that died, he was given two more snakes (this, to me, is just crazy*). We don't know about the condition of the other original snake or the two replacements.

OP feels like he has 2 dead snakes because he owes the 'lovely couple' he sold the snake to to make it right....a glimmer of hope for the OP's character.

I'd still like to see any communication about the deal, and I'd love to hear from the other parties (constrictors labrynth and the couple he sold to).

*Why on Earth would anyone accept more snakes into their collection from the same person that sent them a snake that died, 3-in-a-bag, with a skinny snake and a 'not Coral'? Holy Shiite, Batman!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!