Bad Guy www.tortoiseworld.wix.com/tortoise - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
tracer5loki
www.tortoiseworld.wix.com/tortoise

The above website is a total SCAM! Sent money, given lots of excuses, sent me a phony FedEx tracking #, etc. etc. They give you just enough information to make you believe they are legit. How can we shut the website down or overload the email address? Thanks!
John C.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:23 PM   #2
Lucille
John,
Can you please provide emails that can help everyone understand exactly what happened?

Old 04-19-2016, 01:50 PM   #3
Lucille
Has anyone even found the tortoise world site, I did a search and was unable to find it.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:30 PM   #4
wohlerswi
Looks like they shut the site down but I found their Facebook page. They claim to have breeding pairs of galops and other cites species for sale which screams scam.

https://m.facebook.com/Tortoise-World-850718441634755/

Goodluck hopefully youll get your money back.
Will

Old 04-19-2016, 09:18 PM   #5
LauraB
Yep, the Wix site is gone, but there are still tracks that can be followed.

Here are some screenshots of this guy's web presence. Note that his name is likely really Ceirod Wallace, Jr.

Also note the phone number on one shot and the search results of that phone number, as well as the affiliation with an oufit called "Tortoise World SARL", which appears to be in Beua, Cameroon.

John, please post any additional info you have, ie, email address, phone number, names used.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #6
LauraB
Sorry for the multiple shots, but here's the last one
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2016, 01:08 AM   #7
tracer5loki
Thanks everyone for rooting this guy out. Yes, it was Ceirod Wallace, Jr. that I corresponded with throughout the entire process and who showed his ID at the Walmart there in Baton Rouge, LA where I sent my money. What a scam. They (He) went to great lengths to pull this off. The kicker for me was when they said the tortoises had shipped, got waylayed in Phoenix (and he actually gave me the address of a real live FedEx site) and they emailed last Sunday saying the Vets had checked on them, given them shots, fed them and re-boxed them and I had to send more $$ to make sure I got them on time! Wow, Fedex NEVER would do such a thing. When I called FedEx they neither had the bogus Shipper # that Mr. Wallace had given me NOR did they have me in the system to deliver anything to my address! When I lit into Mr. Wallace he had someone text me saying he knew nothing about this and that he would check into it. He maintained that an "apprentice" made off with the tortoises and never came back. Later he (they) said they recovered them but they would neither send the Torts nor send a refund because I had started the whole scam business! He had even given me bogus emails of people to contact as references and they must have all been him or been given what to say because they all talked the same! It has been a very enlightening experience and I appreciate all the help.
NOTE: So is the FACEBOOK Page still up? I would love to post some information and use some of my Facebook legions to petition that he put up or shut up as to the Mr. Christofferson affair!
Thanks again....
John C.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:00 AM   #8
Brian Ferriera
This guy put in add in one the Australian groups I follow on FB claiming to have legal
Angonoka AKA plowshare tortoise for sale that he could ship to OZ. The add was pulled rather fast.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:41 AM   #9
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer5loki View Post
Yes, it was Ceirod Wallace, Jr. that I corresponded with throughout the entire process and who showed his ID at the Walmart there in Baton Rouge, LA where I sent my money ...
Yes, he and his family is there in LA ... do a Google search of his name. Very enlightening.

Fauna Classifieds BOI is your friend. ALWAYS come here first to research or inquire about a seller before you commit to a sale

I am sorry it appears you have been scammed.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:01 PM   #10
tracer5loki
Mr. Wallace has changed the website address: www.tortoiseworld.wix.com/marketplace

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!