For Sale: Captive Bred Classic Northern Blue Tongue Skink 05 holdback - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Skinks

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
andrewseike
For Sale: Captive Bred Classic Northern Blue Tongue Skink 05 holdback

Hi everyone,

It's truly rare to have captive bred Australian blue tongues as many people are unfamiliar with them compared to their imported Indonesian counterparts. I have to offer a very special skink that I produced last year from two unrelated adults.

Ezra and Maurine (you can see pictures of the adults on my website) bred for the first time in February 2005. They produced only two babies on June 24, 2005.

Ezra is quite a handsome skink with a very unusual white underbelly and jaw. Maurine is quite the opposite. She has deep dark hues and classic Northern patterns. She also has the largest head for a female which many find to be quite impressive. (Her offspring definitely has acquired her large head. Even as a baby it was noticeable.) Her most startling trait is her eye color which is mostly green instead of the classic orange.

This trait may be recessive in her offspring but future breeding may confirm this unique characteristic.

Now as of May, the baby is quite grown - but was hibernated along with the adults - so she/he isn't that large yet. I would assume by the end of this year he/she will be an adult by the way he/she eats. He/She is also tame as the parents are extremely placid.

This skink is truly a beautiful representative of a true Classic Northern. So many now are bred to be light that the normal darker forms are becoming increasingly rare. Lastly, if you really do care about your skink's origins instead of just assuming its "captive bred" just because they told you it was, you're at the right place.

I do feel that we more efforts must be made to maintain our US stock of blue tongues especially those originating from Australia. We can't assume we'll be able to replenish these important bloodlines if they are lost nor is hybridizing Irian Jaya or Indonesians with Northerns is acceptable.

With your purchase you'll receive a document with pictures of the parents, ID number, and birthing record.

If you do peruse my website, I'd love to hear from you.

Price: $175 without shipping.

Best regards,

Andrew

PS: I apologize if the pictures are too large. I made them so you can examine the skink in completely detail.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-25-2006, 01:52 AM   #2
andrewseike
Sold

Skink is sold.

I'm not sure how to delete the ad or conduct the proper procedure in this case. Any advice?

Andrew
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread