Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry) - Page 289 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #2881
Cat_72
Sorry to hear that, Jon.

I am waiting on my TSE "het" girl to lay....she's laying belly up looking mierable at this point. I bred her to a KNOWN 100% het however, so at least I'll have some 50% hets to sell out of her. I'm still going to breed her to my visual albino male next year, simply to alleviate any doubts that she is anything but a normal.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:13 PM   #2882
Jon Mitchell
I am going to try this pair again next year but I am sure they are just normals. I had kept my hopes up but after seeing the last egg pip, I knew it was not going to be a good day.

This is the second "scam" I have had the pleasure of being a part of. The other one I am sure some people remember. I posted on the BOI about a little spider I bought that died that a vet said could have had IBD. The rest of the collection is doing great though. I hope I have that all solved as well.

I did have my pastel clutch hatch so far and I have some 50% het ghosts due to hatch in a couple of weeks. Hopefully my VPI Axanthic female will drop her clutch in the next week as well so maybe this year wont turn out too bad.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:08 AM   #2883
joepythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Mitchell
My last egg just hatched from a pair of "100% Het High Contrast Albinos" I got from TSE this morning. There were 6 eggs and I was holding out for the possiblity that I got an albino in that last one but no luck. This was my first year breeding this pair and I must say, it looks like I was struck by the normal for het trick as well. I am going to try them again next year but I don't have my hopes up. I am sure they are both just normal animals that I paid way too much for.
Jon sorry to read this.Its sad that these things happen .

Old 05-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #2884
Cat_72
Well, my TSE "het" albino girl has started laying this morning.....just one egg so far.

Countdown begins for me.........

50% het albino babies, anyone?

Old 05-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #2885
Cat_72
Well, she's done laying......6 perfect eggs. Het or not, she's a darn good mama. She has NO intention of letting me take these eggs.....

Old 05-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #2886
crotalusadamanteus
It just blows me away that BP's can carry that many eggs of that size, and then push them all out. I mean, they look as big around as her! LOL

Good luck on a healthy litter. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the het part, but I ain't gonna hold my breath at all.

Rick

Old 05-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #2887
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
It just blows me away that BP's can carry that many eggs of that size, and then push them all out. I mean, they look as big around as her! LOL
Sorry for the post, but the winner is really the Kiwi bird for egg size relative to body size, even if it is only one egg.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #2888
crotalusadamanteus
OUCH! That's gotta leave a mark.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #2889
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Sorry for the post, but the winner is really the Kiwi bird for egg size relative to body size, even if it is only one egg.
Are you sure that aint just some old gal from Texas?

Old 05-18-2007, 10:32 PM   #2890
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Are you sure that aint just some old gal from Texas?
Well that would explain a few things........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!