Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
JudyC
I do think it would be wise of Brian to come here and give HIS side of the story. I honestly don't believe any party in this misadventure is out to rip anyone off. There are no scams going on here.

But misunderstandings? Unrealistic expectations? Yeah...most likely.

I don't think there is a court in this land that would award damages based on unpredictable clutch results. But since Brian accepted responsibility for the genetics of the animal, then you are due some sort of recompense. HOWEVER....if Brian refunds you monies spent base on the potential value of the animal...isn't he also entitled to have that animal back in his possession? If you take a product back to a store and say, "This isn't what I paid for, I want my money back"...they'll give you your money back but you also have to return the product. How can that happen if you don't even own it anymore?

Old 11-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Casey Hulse
Quote:
if Brian does give you compensation, and next season that male proves out (stranger things have happened), would you make mention of it on here and send the snakes he gave you back? Not trying to jump on you, just curious.
I doubt that this snake will be bred to another het. if the owner feels he is not a het. it would be a waste of a season.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
JBartolett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I doubt that this snake will be bred to another het. if the owner feels he is not a het. it would be a waste of a season.
I agree. But that would leave the owner with, as far as they know, nothing more than a male spider. I'd at least want to breed it to a visual hypo just to make sure, at the very least you are making the animal you thought you were getting in the first place.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
Amelanistic Orca
I'm sure Dave and Cliff would be glad to ship him back at Brian's/Chris's expense after compensation..

Old 11-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
rcpreis3
I think the snake should be sent back, but then again what would a bigtime breeder like Brian want a male spider? he'd prolly lose money shipping out the replacement, paying for shipping on the spider to come back, and then have to pay to ship it again to a buyer

just my $0.02

Old 11-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
I think the snake should be sent back, but then again what would a bigtime breeder like Brian want a male spider? he'd prolly lose money shipping out the replacement, paying for shipping on the spider to come back, and then have to pay to ship it again to a buyer

just my $0.02
If I were in Brian's shoes, I'd want the animal back. I'd put him with a visual (at least one) to prove once and for all if the animal is het or not. Then at least he'd know...and could then resell it as a PROVEN het or sell it as simply a spider.

Also, if Brian goes above and beyond the call of duty to compensate for potential clutches...then he should expect that level of compensation BACK if the animal proves out as truly being het.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
Amelanistic Orca
I'm shocked this hasn't been cleared with knowledge to all parties... I will never click on a BHB ad again based on response timing; or lack thereof?? Get a smart/dumb phone for a couple hundred??

Old 11-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
MRC31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
I will never click on a BHB ad again based on response timing; or lack thereof?
I won't either. I was actually considering buying a couple of their striped Javelin Sand Boa's. I know BHB has lots of satisfied customers and they are a huge facility but I know David Bellis and he is one of the most stand up guys you can deal with around here.
If this wasn't BHB i'm sure some of the responses might be a little different. I have had some bad dealings with people and hear the same excuses been swamped, doing a show,someone died.
But come on, how long does it take to send a email or make a phone call? Hell, I bring my laptop everywhere I go if i'm going to be staying overnight. No excuse for lack of communication nowadays. I'm not sure about the odds of hets with BPs as I am not into them, but I know David has been working with them for years. I probably should have stayed out of this post, but I consider him a friend, and many people out of Arizona probably don't know him. He is very well respected here in Arizona.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #9
Paul Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
I will never click on a BHB ad again based on response timing; or lack thereof??
I know this was 3 pages ago but as much as I agree that he should do something about this particular case, I think thats a bit much. Your welcome to your opinion but if thats how your going to react to this than your going to have a REALLY small list of people you can deal with. He could have the view point of a lot people on here and say he owes him nothing since it was third hand. To his credit he said he'd fix it. People make mistakes, people get busy, people even procrastinate just because they dont want to deal with it. All of those things should be dealt with when they happen, but no matter who you are, they happen. Theres not one of us thats never messed something up, gotten lazy and pushed something off, etc, etc, etc.

That said, like I said before, he did agree to fix it, so he needs to fix it.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #10
Mister Internet
To the OP: BHB didn't owe you anything, IMO, and it was petulant and inappropriate to aproach them. If your friend sold you a snake he got from BHB that turned out not to be correct, YOUR FRIEND owes you, not BHB. If your friend wants to, in turn, solicit BHB for restitution, then so be it. You never gave any money to BHB, not sure why you are expecting any.

That being said, he should follow through on what he said he'd do. Not that anyone reading this thread thinks it's appropriate or warranted in this situation. I think he's being a stand up guy for even listening to your whining in the first place, but that's just me. I'd have told you to go talk to your friend who sold you the snake. The fact that he talked to you AND offered to make it right when there's no reasonable way to infer he was under any obligation to do so, makes him worth doing business with in my book. As long as I didn't need it quickly lol.

Best of luck.