Inquiry Ben Siegel auctions - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:14 PM   #21
ElexisC
I thought he wasn't allowed contact with the animals anymore? Or was that just for a period of time? I'm honestly just curious since it continues to operate with his name and if he's not allowed to have contact with the animals how is he running the business? Or did someone else just take over and leave his name on it? I know the store front was sold but the online stuff? Where are the animals? Who's taking care of them? Who's selling them? Was that ban on him having contact with the animals lifted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 05-31-2016, 04:18 PM   #22
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
I thought he wasn't allowed contact with the animals anymore? Or was that just for a period of time? I'm honestly just curious since it continues to operate with his name and if he's not allowed to have contact with the animals how is he running the business? Or did someone else just take over and leave his name on it? I know the store front was sold but the online stuff? Where are the animals? Who's taking care of them? Who's selling them? Was that ban on him having contact with the animals lifted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Lot of questions, probably best to go right to the source, email or call and ask.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 05-31-2016, 04:29 PM   #23
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
Lot of questions, probably best to go right to the source, email or call and ask.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
Honestly I think it should be posted here. I'm sure many have these same questions and should be able to get it easily. If he's still in contact with animals and still ordered not to then that's a problem. I'm not saying that's the case but it should be in one of the threads about him. If someone finds out they should post it here. I won't buy animals from there regardless but I was just curious as they still seem to be operating under his name.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:44 PM   #24
senusenu
My understanding is that the online auctions had been given over to another company (the local one that bought/merged with the physical store?) and Ben himself is not operating it.

I would imagine it continues to use his name simply because of previous exposure and branding. Instead of rebranding the online auction and potentially losing customers who can't find the new page or name, they just continued on with the old one for ease of use and continuity.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:09 PM   #25
Big Borg Reptiles
I actually met the guy who bought out Ben Siegel Reptile's physical store when I was in FL, I'm almost certain he's running the auctions for Ben Siegel as well. Jay from The Jungle. Very nice guy from what I can tell.

I know Ben is selling some stuff on his own again, I saw he posted something on facebook the other day and chatted with him for a bit.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:11 PM   #26
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by senusenu View Post

I would imagine it continues to use his name simply because of previous exposure and branding. Instead of rebranding the online auction and potentially losing customers who can't find the new page or name, they just continued on with the old one for ease of use and continuity.
I think this is exactly right. I think Jay just decided to keep the huge customer base online and go on as if nothing had changed. So far there haven't been any issues that I know of.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:12 PM   #27
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
I actually met the guy who bought out Ben Siegel Reptile's physical store when I was in FL, I'm almost certain he's running the auctions for Ben Siegel as well. Jay from The Jungle. Very nice guy from what I can tell.

I know Ben is selling some stuff on his own again, I saw he posted something on facebook the other day and chatted with him for a bit.

So you are saying that Jay Eaton of TheJungleFlorida who lists a lot on here is now actually running both Bens old physical store AND the online auction business?

Interesting indeed!
Thank you

Old 05-31-2016, 05:14 PM   #28
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
So you are saying that Jay Eaton of TheJungleFlorida who lists a lot on here is now actually running both Bens old physical store AND the online auction business?

Interesting indeed!
Thank you
I hope I didn't open a can of worms lol, that was my understanding though yes. Ben's ex-wife was handling everything while he was "recovering" and she is not the most pleasant lady (to put it nicely). Needless to say that didn't last very long and they decided to sell everything.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:20 PM   #29
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
I hope I didn't open a can of worms lol, that was my understanding though yes. Ben's ex-wife was handling everything while he was "recovering" and she is not the most pleasant lady (to put it nicely). Needless to say that didn't last very long and they decided to sell everything.
I very much doubt it is an "opened can of worms" Nick
As I have said earlier, I purchased a gorgeous animal from Ben Siegel online auctions not very long ago and service was top notch as well as the animal being far better than I expected.
If that is what Jay is bringing to the table with his acquisition then I welcome it whole heartedly!

Old 05-31-2016, 05:23 PM   #30
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
I purchased a gorgeous animal from Ben Siegel online auctions not very long ago and service was top notch as well as the animal being far better than I expected.
If that is what Jay is bringing to the table with his acquisition then I welcome it whole heartedly!
Awesome, yea Jay seemed like a super nice guy, I definitely wouldn't hesitate to do business with him. I think he'll do a good job with it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!