I'm back after a an unfortunate break. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
demonss
I'm back after a an unfortunate break.

So I haven't been here in a while (I'm glad i remembered my login lol) Long story short a blown breaker in my old house killed my old collection. I was ruined. But recently me and my wife decided to buy a ball python from Craigslist and I think i caught reptile fever again. I also want to give this community a big thank you to this killer community, things have changed alot in the past 4 years and i don't think I would be getting back to reptiles if it wasnt for the great people here.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
hotlips
That's a heart-breaking loss to have gone through...wishing you much better luck (& better housing) this time around. I've been an inactive member here for a long time, just recently started putting in my 2 cents, so I don't remember you from before, but that's OK- welcome back!

Old 02-26-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
demonss
Thank you, I wasn't super active before. I will be building a new snake rack and starting a reptile room from scratch in the next couple weeks.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #4
hotlips
I had been active on another forum that died out, then another one that is now very quiet. (Sure hope I'm not a jinx?) I happen to like forums like this, but some say "social media" is stealing many of the participants? (-and let's just say I'm not impressed with FB etc)
Anyway, we'll look forward to your updates...this seems to be a great "community" here.
I have 2 dogs (mixes) and currently 16 snakes. I'm partial to rat snakes, but I've had a BCI & a number of BPs in the past. (been keeping lots of snakes for many years)

Old 02-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #5
demonss
Yea, I'm not on FB but I am on reddit. when I lost my animals I had 9 boas of all different morphs, 3 normal ball pythons, 1 fish tank, 5 juvenile turtles, 2 corn snakes and 2 axolotls. All gone overnight. now my sig has my animals as of this moment hopefully expanding soon.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
I'm so sorry for your loss! That is heartbreaking. I'm glad to see you are moving forward and haven't lost your passion for the hobby. Welcome back!

Old 02-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #7
demonss
Thanks April, the hard times look to be in my past finally, the loss of my pets was just the starting point. Now things are looking up again and I haven't been this excited in a long time.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #8
Lucille
I'm so sorry about your terrible loss. Glad you are back. This is a good, solid community. It is my hope that anyone who has recently considered putting a critter up for adoption will contact you and perhaps send the critter to you. I'm glad to hear about your ball python, that is a good start.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:23 AM   #9
demonss
Thank you Lucille, I've had other hobbies but something about the people and animals here just called me back lol.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:55 PM   #10
Dyscophus antongilii
I am very sorry for your loss. I am sure it is heartbreaking, but, I am glad you are starting a new collection. Is it a color/colour mutation ball python? Or just the wild type?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!