Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 247 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:29 AM   #2461
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
Damn dude, who pooped in your Wheaties this morning? Considering you're literally the ONLY person who sees things that way now, might wanna take a step back and reconsider perspective.

If you don't see suing a bad guy and winning as a good thing, might also wanna rethink perspective and your position on this site. If you can't show empathy with someone who is wronged on the BOI, you've got no business opening your mouth on the subject, let alone being a moderator.
He is not alone.

I agree with Robert pretty much completely on one huge fact:

This case cost Michelle a lot. Financially, emotionally, mentally, and in time. It was, and is, Michelle's choice to make and I am very glad that she won the case. However, it does bode the question of, "Was it worth it?" From the single person perspective, she may never see the money she won; a big portion, if not all, will likely go to legal fees. She certainly will never see the lizard she wanted, which was what she really wanted all along.

It sounds like to Michelle, proving a point that she was not to be bullied was worth it to her. And that is ok - that is what matters. That is a cause worth fighting for to her, and I absolutely respect that she did so.

However, not everyone views it the same way. As Robert explained, she spent 2.5 years fighting this battle, and in the beginning at least, she spent an enormous amount of time arguing and defending herself here on Fauna. I can't imagine the PMs and harassment that she got on Facebook (which is 100% not okay, and I am very sorry it happened - I know it did).

There comes a time when you have to ask yourself, "Is this worth the energy that I am putting forth?"

No one was telling Michelle to give up. Robert told Michelle to assess her priorities and decide if she really wanted to do this. Frankly, he told her what no one else here would: that it was okay to cut her losses and end it, if she wanted to, because it was obviously costing her a lot to continue this battle. Everyone is so quick to tell someone to keep fighting, but not a single person on this board had to deal with what she dealt with in this case (and I'd wager most of the commenters haven't been in her exact position over a reptile, either).

For me, I wouldn't have wanted to keep it going, not over a lizard; I wouldn't have appreciated putting up with what I know Michelle had to deal with just on Fauna let alone elsewhere, plus the legal fees and time. That doesn't mean I think the bad guy should win. It means past a certain point, I personally draw the line on how much of myself, my time, my energy, my life, I am willing to give to someone who has wronged me. This case was definitely over that line (for me).

I am glad Michelle won. I am very happy that David "took down Goliath." And it seems like Michelle did what was right for her, which is all anyone should ever expect.

But arguing that someone should do something "for principle" is a lot easier when you're not the one experiencing it, and almost everyone on this thread kept telling Michelle to fight - Robert took the stance of reminding her that she has nothing to prove to anyone here on Fauna, and that at the end of the day, her health, happiness and personal life is what should be paramount, not this fight.

Old 08-27-2018, 08:17 AM   #2462
Snake-Queen
Well said Jamie.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:51 PM   #2463
JimM
I'm sure everyone agrees that this win cost a lot and questions if it was worth it. Most of us would not have followed it through to the end ... mainly because of the expense.

The problem is that when you feel the fight is never 'worth it' and walk away , the low life Ty Parks type win every time ... because the system sucks and they know it works in their favor. It even works better when you're a retired millionaire bully - but not every time !!

This loss isn't going to straighten out Parks .... no doubt taking advantage of others and screwing them over is in his future and always will be. That's just the type of person he is. He may get as much enjoyment out of that than breeding his Tegus.

Besides her winning the case and eventually getting paid, the huge, additional value in her the win is exposing Park's ways and hopefully those who have followed this case will never give him their business - ever.

Buyers should remember not only to avoid him but the others who backed him and wanted to see Michelle be blatantly ripped off. Go back to the beginning pages , remember who they are and ignore their ads in the future.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:24 PM   #2464
Sugarhedgie
Update since the final judgement

The final judgement was on 8/23/1
Ty stated he was going to appeal but the 30 days that He had to file an appeal has expired AND the extra 15 days (45 days from judgement) for him to Pay the $13,000 order has expired too.
My attorney has tried to reach out to him a few times since the judgement with no response from him.
Ty is required to fill out a FL rule of civil procedure form 1.977 (fact information sheet)
Interest is now accruing.

My lawyer is going to be taking any and all steps to now collect.
I am 110% confident that my lawyer and know he will called times to fight for me till the end.

This is pretty much all I can say at this point,but I wanted to give an update for those of you who would have wanted it.

I didn’t realize there were a few more pages of comments since the last time

I fought and will fight this to the end.
This was and is MY choice.

There were a few comments on here that did bother me a bit but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Someone’s opinion was that because the ircf tried to refund my $400 (which I returned) that I had spent on my 4 raffle tickets it should have been the end of it!!!!

Really????? Who enters a raffle at $100 a ticket. Buys 4 tickets to win an albino tegu or $3,000 if none were produced
Wins and then is ok with just getting $400 for the tickets refunded!!!
I wasn’tok with that.
I didn’t risk losing $400 just to get the $400 back.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon and he does the right thing.
I want to be able to just put all of this behind me.

There will probably be new documents on the FL courts records search next week.

Thank you for all of your support
Michelle 💪💪

Old 10-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #2465
filenamex5100
you are a go getter!! the longer he waits, the more itll cost him. youll collect one day....or perhaps youll own his farm if he keeps it up.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #2466
thomas davis
very good michelle, thanks for the update 13k and to think if he would have just abided by his terms of his raffle this would have been much cheaper for him
this ones for ty park

Old 10-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #2467
markpulawski
$13K plus what his lawyer cost him, north of $15K, probably close to $20K, hopefully you get paid soon Michelle. Justice is served.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:51 AM   #2468
Black Adder
In one way I hope Michelle does not get paid soon and Parks debt just keeps growing and they are able to place a lien on his property to recover it or similar.
Could not happen to nicer person....

Old 10-12-2018, 11:48 AM   #2469
bcr229
IIRC Ty being on the hook for Michele's attorney's fees is also still in play.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #2470
NathanKS
Some thoughts on the Trial Docs:
Really impressed that the judge kept this case on track and completed it in under a day.
I find it interesting the Jury asked what to do if they were split on the second motion and being told to come to agreement in the middle. I am curious what the figures being discussed were.
Ty filed a motion to delay the trial and apparently tried to mislead the Court that he hadn't known about his lawyer leaving him until the weekend before the Trial. Michelle's Lawyer referred to a phone call the previous Friday and also identified an email from June where he referenced the fact his lawyer had quit "last week" and was in the process of getting a new one.
Ty was interrupted in his opening statement and they had a bench conference. (should be expected with ty being pro se)
Ty tried to call witnesses not included on his witness list. Was denied.
Michelle's lawyer questioned Ty for 28 minutes, Ty questioned Michelle for 6.
At 2:55 Ty began an argument against Michelle's Lawyer's movement for a directed verdict on counts 2 and 3. A minute later, the Judge halted that argument for a bench conference lasting 16 minutes.

10/16: New documents were posted. The first was a motion to hold Ty in contempt of court for his failure to complete the Fact Information Sheet. That motion will be discussed along with the reimbursement of attorney's fees on 11/5/18 at 1:30pm.

Aside: Representing ones self pro se is dumb, misleading the court when opposing party has proof that contradicts your statements to the court, is dumber than dumb IMPO, I am surprised that Ty didn't get given court rebuke/ financial sanction.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu