What will happen if I.... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #31
hhmoore
Well, she succeeded in stimulating discussion...even if it wasn't with her opening post .

It wasn't exactly a thought provoking question...and, I agree with Deborah, in that if Amanda is already actively trying to breed her snakes, she should probably already have considered the outcomes. I'm one that gets tired of answering the same question month after month, year after year. Basic genetics discussions are common, and there are a number of genetics calculators that are mentioned on a regular basis. I don't remember details, but it sure seems that there is a history between those two (I think I remember some karma complaints, and general claws out kind of stuff). Sadly, past squabbles aren't always left in the past, and one side or the other can rekindle things pretty easily - purposely, or not.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #32
gsrept
I would agree that it can be tiring answering questions over and over Harold, but there are a lot of people not so computer savy or may not know where to look so they ask the question. I look at it as a newbie as being the future of the hobby they can not learn if we do not teach. And if we do not teach we are bound to make the same mistakes and look at the industry in a whole with all the reptile bans going on. We are quick to preach to people about resposible ownership and in the same breath we turn them away, and that is not what the reptile industry needs at this point, to all reading remember USARKS logo United We Stand. thats the only way for this industry and or hobby to survive. Thanks for hearing me out.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #33
Melinda
I agree, it does get tiresome to answer the same questions over and over. When I'm not in the mood to answer a question, I back out of the thread and let someone else answer the question. It doesn't do any good to get my knickers in a twist over a question when there will ALWAYS be newbies with basic questions. Without newbies with questions, our hobby and or sales will not prosper.

Like Craig said above me, I think it is important to teach newbies. This is good for the animals and for breeders. If a newbie does not feel comfortable in a forum, they will go elsewhere. This does not help the forum or the breeders that the newbie may buy from in the future. We can help support our favorite forums by also supporting it's members. Without members/traffic, sponsors won't pay for ads which help keep forums up and running.

I do not visit many other forums because I don't feel comfortable with constant bickering and snarkiness.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #34
Shadera
Not everyone is so touchy feely.

Wouldn't the world just SUCK if we all agreed all the time?

Old 11-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #35
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
I agree, it does get tiresome to answer the same questions over and over. When I'm not in the mood to answer a question, I back out of the thread and let someone else answer the question. It doesn't do any good to get my knickers in a twist over a question when there will ALWAYS be newbies with basic questions. Without newbies with questions, our hobby and or sales will not prosper.

Like Craig said above me, I think it is important to teach newbies. This is good for the animals and for breeders. If a newbie does not feel comfortable in a forum, they will go elsewhere. This does not help the forum or the breeders that the newbie may buy from in the future. We can help support our favorite forums by also supporting it's members. Without members/traffic, sponsors won't pay for ads which help keep forums up and running.

I do not visit many other forums because I don't feel comfortable with constant bickering and snarkiness.
I understand what you are saying, let me say this. I personally wouldn't be one to sell her an animal. I was appalled that she was breeding an older seriously underweight male that wasn't eating, apparently without concern for his health (I wonder who sold him to her ).

But some people need those kinds of customers or just don't care, as long as they make a buck.

Personally, I didn't consider her a noob, she's been around long enough to know that she's not always going to get a "sweet" answer (she doesn't always give a sweet answer either..but some people love drama and always fall for it).

So if everyone can return to answering and evaluating their OWN posts and stop trying to make other people conform to unrealistic expectations of how people should respond to posts when no rules were broken and no one was actually RUDE..it would be appreciated.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #36
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
dont get me wrong but i thought this was a forum for pros and novice alike. so maybe she was jumping in on a breeding project but so what. she came here to get answers and instead got chewed a new one. all because your sick of hearing it. it is a simple question to answer! whats so hard about just given a simple answer and directing her to a good gene site?(like bhb they have vids on this) instead of attacking her for trying to find out whats up. you get more bees with honey then vinger. frankly im disappointed i thought this site was here to help.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #37
joseydiann
Ha and I see a few of you are no better than her, if you are tired of seeing questions or the same kinds of questions over and over maybe this site should be for the pros only, lets lock all the new comers out and throw away the newbies trying to learn something, that will solve your problem. OR maybe YOU should avoid those posts and questions if they bother you so much???

As for those of you that do care and would like to answer a few questions, please email me and let me know so I can ask you, because as I said I don't care to "learn" on HERE anymore!

Oh and yes, I can search for hours and read MANY sites to get information, however it is the same as care sheets, I can look up 10 different ones and 8 of them be totally different and have false information.
I for one like to ask people who I know cares for many snakes daily and have for years, I like to talk with people NOT just read info that could have been posted by someone who has no idea what they are talking about, I'd like to do it right..
BUT that's just me!

And "Deb" this is my thread I made it, anyone is welcome to stay right here and post all day long if they'd like, no one has to go back to "their OWN posts"

Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #38
Melinda
Amanda, feel free to email me at cauldroncreations@hotmail.com with any questions. Keep in mind, I'm not an expert and my mind is mush these days. lol

Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #39
hhmoore
She got chewed a new one? Really?

As far as being tired of responding to the same old questions, it's a little different when they come from a newbie...but, regardless, as I said in a PM to somebody, if I don't feel like answering them again, I close the thread and leave it for somebody else.

The temper tantrums are a bit ridiculous - how old are you?
You're acting like the little kid at the playground that has a hissy fit and storms off...and when nobody came to get you, you came back, stamped your feet some more, and said I mean it, I'm not gonna play with you guys.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:09 AM   #40
joseydiann
LoL.. And just WHAT is a newbie to YOU?

I have only owned snakes for a few months, other reptiles YES I have many but yeah I am still "new" to snakes and their genetics..

"The temper tantrums are a bit ridiculous" Really, where? I'm yet to see people throwing temper tantrums!

The only thing I find ridiculous here is the fact that you and a few others don't see a thing wrong with her very first post to my question, that is pretty pathetic to be honest.

You really don't think it was a little rude and uncalled for? The whole "needs to be spoon fed comment" or the "I'd never buy a het from you"....?
Hum again I didn't say I was selling snakes and I didn't ask her to buy anything from me, not only that but my question was answered already and she seen that!!! So what was the point? Oh that's right it was to insult me, make me look bad, and start drama..

It was RUDE and uncalled for plain and simple!!!
But wait I'm not supposed to say anything, I'm wasn't supposed to reply to the insults or explain or stand up for myself.

"could have been found by a 5 year old" Sound a little rude and insulting to you?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!