Kevin Smith - oreganus@hotmail - Page 23 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:31 AM   #221
COBRAMAN
I understand. If your ears ring as much as my phone the past 2 nights,......

I forgot to point out that that shipment was only last June 14.

Jerry is not the only one upset. The ramifications from an accident involving a King Cobra shipped by UPS sends chills down the spines of any serious herper. It's no secret that I have been bitten more times than I am proud of, and I don't wish a venomous snakebite on ANYONE. Again, If you need help with the data from Delta, just say the word.

We all make mistakes, and do things that we latter regret. Sometimes it is better to acknowledge our mistakes, and take care that we don't repeat them. When I think of some of the stupid things I have done, that could have killed myself or others, I thank God that I learned my lessons in life without serious incident.

I don't believe that anyone is going to benefit from all the excessive bickering here. It can't do your business or reputation any good. If you chose not to show your proof, that is your option, but then you might look better to just drop the whole thing. Evcen when the threads involved you and I, nobody gains from 1000 pages of silliness.

Be blessed
Ray Hunter

Old 11-18-2004, 03:02 AM   #222
oreganus
Ray...

Quote:
Originally posted by COBRAMAN
I understand. If your ears ring as much as my phone the past 2 nights,......

I forgot to point out that that shipment was only last June 14.

Jerry is not the only one upset. The ramifications from an accident involving a King Cobra shipped by UPS sends chills down the spines of any serious herper. It's no secret that I have been bitten more times than I am proud of, and I don't wish a venomous snakebite on ANYONE. Again, If you need help with the data from Delta, just say the word.

We all make mistakes, and do things that we latter regret. Sometimes it is better to acknowledge our mistakes, and take care that we don't repeat them. When I think of some of the stupid things I have done, that could have killed myself or others, I thank God that I learned my lessons in life without serious incident.

I don't believe that anyone is going to benefit from all the excessive bickering here. It can't do your business or reputation any good. If you chose not to show your proof, that is your option, but then you might look better to just drop the whole thing. Evcen when the threads involved you and I, nobody gains from 1000 pages of silliness.

Be blessed
Ray Hunter
I gain back more respect for you with each post, I know that we have had our differences and I totally understand people being upset with the ups accusations. I assure you, they were only made to make me look bad because of the other intentions the original poster had in mind with the whole deal. I do think that alot of people have seen that even though there has been alot of bickering about other things. If I would have made a mistake in this instance, I would have simply dropped it. But I asked for proof of the allegations along with the people on this thread. I will admit to a mistake and that was even selling the king to this guy in the first place, I should have sent his money back to him when it first became apparent that he was going to be a pain in the butt, but like alot of others that sell reptiles, we sometimes make the mistake of going ahead with the deal and it only turns out to be more trouble later on. I am sure we can both agree on that, LOL. As I discussed with you via email, this was not a deal of simply sending the snake to the purchaser, it was a long three week ordeal that was confusing and a pain at best. He emailed me a month after he decided he wanted his money back and I told him I didn't have the cash on me at that moment. I did however set him up with someone else that was going to purchase it, and as someone else mentioned, he was asked for a current picture with a current date to be sent to finalize the purchase. He failed to do that. Then once again, I asked the same for months and didn't get a picture except for one that was taken right after the snaked showed up. I continously got rotten emails and messengers saying that I had better send the $800 back or else. When I finally said that it was coming collect or I was not buying it back, he posted on here with a bunch of lies and false accusations. Now it has been at least six months, I would say more like 8 months+, and I have yet to get an answer to all the mysterious problems that surround this deal or any proof of life with the cobra, hell, I didn't even get an answer to if the snake is still in his possesion(alive or dead).
My advice to anyone selling snakes on the net is, if the person is in any way, shape, or form, a problem at the beginning of the purchase, then promptly say "No thanks" and never read or reply to an email from the person again. It is just simply not worth it. I do feel bad for the king, because that was one of the nicest kings I have ever had or seen, and now it probably died because an idiot decided to buy it without the knowledge or skill to take care of it. I think that maybe when you put "experienced only" on the ads, it is viewed as a challenge by idiots that have no business getting it in the first place.
Kevin
PS-here is the picture that he kept sending me over and over, it was taken not even a week after he got the snake....
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2004, 03:26 AM   #223
acebrumfield
What about?

Kevin
I hopefully have been one of the voices of reason here. I have tried to be and I have supported you about the return of the snake. There does though seem to be a pattern in your well worded responses. That is you never or virtually never address directly and difinetly the most important question, that of the shipping. Yes you have claimed that you shipped Delta and I am willing, within limits, give you the benifit of the doubt. Ray has posted an example of an airbill and offered to assist you in doing the same yet you seem to either miss or ignore that portion of his and others posts requesting some form of proof of your shipping method. I personally could care less about the cost of the shipping, the current disposition of the King or the deal between you and Jeremy. My one and only concern, and I am sure many many others, is the shipping method. If you shipped it Delta please allow Ray to assist you in providing the airbill if you didn't please simply admit that you made a mistake and that you WOULD NEVER make that same mistake again. Since the snake apparently arrived alive and without causing any harm or legal problems I hope that my suggestions will make since to you.

Jonathan Brumfield

Old 11-18-2004, 03:34 AM   #224
Bringerofdoom
my thoughts exaclty jonathan.

Old 11-18-2004, 05:02 AM   #225
oreganus
Re: What about?

Quote:
Originally posted by acebrumfield
Kevin
I hopefully have been one of the voices of reason here. I have tried to be and I have supported you about the return of the snake. There does though seem to be a pattern in your well worded responses. That is you never or virtually never address directly and difinetly the most important question, that of the shipping. Yes you have claimed that you shipped Delta and I am willing, within limits, give you the benifit of the doubt. Ray has posted an example of an airbill and offered to assist you in doing the same yet you seem to either miss or ignore that portion of his and others posts requesting some form of proof of your shipping method. I personally could care less about the cost of the shipping, the current disposition of the King or the deal between you and Jeremy. My one and only concern, and I am sure many many others, is the shipping method. If you shipped it Delta please allow Ray to assist you in providing the airbill if you didn't please simply admit that you made a mistake and that you WOULD NEVER make that same mistake again. Since the snake apparently arrived alive and without causing any harm or legal problems I hope that my suggestions will make since to you.

Jonathan Brumfield
I totally understand your point of view and I do appreciate the benefit of the doubt. I have emailed with Ray, and I also stated that I will try and figure out the airbill thing. I was not dodging your or anyones questions about it. I have answered although sometimes that gets lost in the other comments/answers I have given. I am telling you directly right now that I HAVE NOT and WILL NOT risk anyone's lives over shipping a snake. I stated before that is not my place to put someone elses life on the line. Furthermore I would not ship a venomous snake through anything but delta, not only because I would not want to hurt an innocent person first and foremost, also I have seen the other threads where people have been accused or proven to have shipped illegally and frankly, I don't need the trouble. Selling venomoids gets enough flak as it is, I wouldn't do something stupid to go out of my way and get negative attention, as proven in this thread, there are too many people all to willing to cause trouble for me anyways, and I don't need to give them any actual wrong doing to make their dreams come true. I hope that answered your question, plus gave a little more insight into where I am coming from.
Thanks
Kevin

Old 11-18-2004, 07:55 AM   #226
The BoidSmith
Kevin,

There is one question from Ray you did not answer. Do you allow him to post the information he has on your shiiping record? Why not ending this whole thing?

Thanks.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:31 AM   #227
Mustangrde1
Kevin. I have never tried to make this a venomoid topic. In fact here is a exactly what I stated very early on in this thread.

Quote:
To Both Parties.

Please post ALL your e-mails if you have them including any that confirms shipment and date it arrived.

Post any pictures of the King Kevin from your end any file photos of it and Jeremy as a hot keeper I know most take great pride in thier animals and have pics when they get it so please scann any you have of it.

As to the Delta / UPS . Please post any proof one way or another. Ray Hunter has stated he will help either party to prove through either of the carriers the info.

This desptie my views on Kevin is not a void issue. It is however a issue on potentially False advertising if the king was not a rodent feeder and an Issue on questionable shipping. couple others of more minor signifigants as well.

Jeremy If you need to return the King Via ups to Kevin I am sure there are a few large reptile dealers in NY that for a fee will ship the animal back to Kevin for you Legally.
You however continue to try and turn it in to one to shed light off the topics of many peoples concerns reguarding your shipping practices!

Your threats and name calling is extremely childish in nature which is no suprise from anyone who reads ANY threads you have ever posted on. I personally love this one by you toward me.
Quote:
you could have drove here by now and got your ass beat by me and ended it all,
Now answer this question YES or NO without any other jiberish from you a single post WITH EITHER YES or NO and nothing else.

Will you allow Ray Hunter to Post the Information he obtained from Delta reguarding you.

Old 11-18-2004, 11:29 AM   #228
ElapsMan
QUESTION OF THE HOUR

Quote:
Will you allow Ray Hunter to Post the Information he obtained from Delta reguarding you.
I wait with bated breath to hear him dance his way out of this one. Scott, is it legal to make threats online? While it is comical, it still is a threat. What's he gonna do, slap you with his burger spatchula? Or will he chase you with his sidewalk sharpened girl scout knife that he uses to hack up snakes?

Kevin, Hold your baby insults, and topic evasion for another post, and just type "YES" or "NO"

Do you authorize Ray to post the Delta printout?

Old 11-18-2004, 06:36 PM   #229
oreganus
actually....

I don't care how much you flame, because I am going to have to say a BIG "no". I know I am going to get flames for that, but I don't feel it is anyone's business who I deal with, plain an simple, I don't mind posting the airbill that was for the king, but I don't feel it is fair to bring many many people into this little pissing contest just because a couple of "forum whores" such as Scott, want me to. I hope everyone understands this. Scott will try and convince everyone that he is "just worried about the shipping issue" , but if you read his several other posts about venomoids on this thread and other threads, you will get an idea of why he is on this thread. I hope every rational person that is reading this forum can understand my hesitation in showing every person that I deal with, why should I give up time and customers for one false accusation that one person spread because he didn't get his way? Like it or not, I won't do that, so Jerry and Scott, feel free to post 8 more pages of your unintelligent rantings.
Kevin

Old 11-18-2004, 06:46 PM   #230
oreganus
Lightbulb for you....

Quote:
Originally posted by alvaro
Kevin,

There is one question from Ray you did not answer. Do you allow him to post the information he has on your shiiping record? Why not ending this whole thing?

Thanks.
Alvaro,
You have came on here intelligently and posted with class through this entire thread. I believe I answered the question with my last post, but I will be a little more specific for you, so I am not accused of dodging questions by some others on here. The plain and simple truth is that even if I posted the info on here, it won't do any good, because it won't end anything. The only thing it will accomplish is to get a bunch of people that have bought animals from me harassed by the likes of Scott and Jerry, and I am not going to give them anything to rant about, it is nobody's business who I deal with, I hope you understand my point of view on that. Just because you are here for reason of the topic of this thread, doesn't mean that there aren't others on here with completely different intentions.
thanks,
Kevin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!