i have become addicted to morelia's - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 AM   #1
will11780
i have become addicted to morelia's

I jist picked up my very first carpet python bout 3 weeks ago when got home with her found out by listening to her breathe she had a ri so of to the vet 2 weeks and shots 3 times a week she got rid of the ri and really started acting like a snake again she is one of the best handling snakes ive ever owned shes alittle over 6 foot well i went to the indianapolis show sunday to look and pickup few things wasnt planning on buying any animals well i come across another carpet python but was a male looked just like my female i asked how the snakes temprament was and to my relief it handles just as good if not better than the female so of course i ended up buying him i have been searching carpet pythons on google ever sense i got my first one and the addiction just gets worse with these snakes i want more carpet pythons i love showing mine off especially to people that say carpet pythons are biters im planning on breeding these two at the end of the year and im hoping to have a few more by that time im really wanting to get me a couple of jags i have absolutly become addicted to carpet pythons i will get some pics up of them as soon as i can

Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
scratchypen
JCPs are the best! If I only could choose one snake in the world to keep, it would definately be Strike Anywhere, my female JCP that Ive had since she was a hatchling. In case you cant tell from the name, she used to be a tad vicious as a youth, but, now she is 6 feet pure sweetness. Kids can hold and pet her just fine and shes a trooper with any events I bring her to. I find all my other snakes (dumerils, ball pythons, corn snakes, king snakes, RTBs) boring compared to my jungle carpets.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
chadharper
We all started with one, it never ends. I'm up to 27 and have more coming. I have various snakes but the carpets are really nice. Good luck handling your addiction.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Morelia4life
IMO, Carpet pythons are the best snakes to own. They are active, they have personalities. You don't have to spend $1000's of dollars to get a carpet python that looks good. A classic black and yellow Jungle carpet is probably the best looking snake in the world. They can have an attitude when they are younger, but that usually goes away with age. They are forgiving if you mess something up and they get a pretty good size without getting too big. I want more carpet pythons also. I only have one Coastal carpet at the moment.

I had a Jag but I had to get rid of it once it started showing neuro issues. I couldn't stand to look at him all the time when he started to act up. Jags are beautiful snakes but I won't deal with the neuro issues. I wish I had the money to buy some Zebras, Albinos, Super Zebras, more Coastals, Jungles, I.J, and Granite I.J. I only plan on keeping Carpets and Retics. Good luck with everything.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
will11780
I just found a het albino striped carpet python i might pick up i normally wouldnt deal with anything het but it has paperwork with it im hoping to pick it up this weekend the guy wants my white throat monitor and since im getting into carpets im getting rid of all my reptiles i dont breed at this time which ill be keeping my beardies cresties and of course my carpets going to try and have at least i good project for carpet pythons next year

Old 03-03-2012, 02:27 AM   #6
will11780
I got the het albono striped carpet i didnt get paper work but the siblings of it were there if i only had the money i would have got one of those but im happy that now theres a chance in bout 2 years i might have some of my own albinos

Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
Morelia4life
Just to let you know, I think Het for Albino carpets are around $2,000 a peice. I could be wrong so check it out.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #8
Skanakis
I personally need a 12 step program for morelia. I started off with a female JCP i picked up from craigslist in NYC. I was extremely lucky cause shes a sweetheart and proved out for me a few months ago. I then came on to Fauna. I became unmanageable...lol. I bought so many here. I have ball pythons and 1 single brazilian rainbow. I started with 5 Brazilian rainbows and one JCP. Now i got 7 Morelia's(5 JCP's, 1 IJ Jag, 1 Coastal Tiger)1 brazilian rainbow, 3 ball pythons. And i wont list what i bought in the past and sold cause i was running out of space. Beautiful animals. My Morelia i have as pets. Ball pythons as a soon to be money thing. And my brazilian is just....i dont wanna give her up. But my Carpets. Watch TV with me and i hang with them.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:41 AM   #9
will11780
I was able to pick me up a coastal pair last sunday both are about 4 foot was told they are aggressive and so far i have not even seen either of the strike at anything but food i was even able to pull the female out of the feeding tub without a hook im thinking the other owners where just scared of snakes oh well puts me up to 5 carpets now now just have to talk the wife into a jag