A Good Insect Feeder Company - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 08-24-2004, 05:14 PM   #1
Gecko_LoL
A Good Insect Feeder Company

Does anyone know of a good insect company to order off of online with a contract similar Flukers? I used to order from them but I stopped once I saw one of the posts on here...

I don't want to buy hundreds or thousands of crickets at a time like most companies offer because I only have 1 juvy leopard gecko... too hard to keep that many alive until he's eaten them all.

Old 08-24-2004, 05:38 PM   #2
hateras
food companies

There are dozens of insect food companies. If you live near a Petsmart or similar pet outlet, you can buy crickets in small numbers for 10 cents each. That's probably all you need for a single leopard.

Go to some of the web sites for cricket care. You can learn a lot about keeping crickets.

I've used Wormman.com successfully with good cricket results, but I've also had good experiences with several others -- Ghan Crickets, for example, and Armstrong Crickets.

Old 08-24-2004, 08:10 PM   #3
robin d.
i have never used fluckers however i never will. i used the worm man ONCE that it was horrible never again,,,, only time i buy from armstrongs is at shows otherwise they seem way over priced.... i currently use and have used now for several year grubco... hands down the best
www.grubco.com

Old 08-24-2004, 08:39 PM   #4
progeckos
I use Sunshine Mealworms (www.sunshinemealworms.com). They have excellent service and healthy insects. I haven’t had any problems with them in the 3 years I’ve been using them. They are located in Oregon so being that you’re in Massachusetts you might want to find someone closer to you. Good luck.

Old 09-18-2004, 04:33 PM   #5
Veiledchamlver
I think a good cricket dealer is american cricket ranch. they have good amounts available and they are pretty chaep. I only buy from them and petco if your a pals member crickets are 5 cents each.

Old 01-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #6
Bekky
Thumbs up The Bug Company

The Bug Company is the best feeder source I have found. Their crickets come in pest free and the size that we ask for. I have the best luck with their mealworms and waxworms compared to other vendors. That's probably why most zoos across the nation use them. Hope this info helps!

Old 01-17-2006, 01:10 PM   #7
pogonadragon
I know you don't want bulk sized orders, but we have had GREAT success with Bassetts Cricket Ranch. www.bcrcricket.com
You can order mealworms and other feeder worms in less than mass quantity. Plus, they have really good prices and our crickets usually live forever when we order from them...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!