Fedex Refund: If so, who should it go to? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
TriangleReptiles
I had a snake that I shipped delayed a full day. I didn't ask for a refund, but FedEx didn't charge me for the shipment. . I was certainly surprised when FedEx didn't charge me. I did refund the buyer since she had paid the shipping

Old 04-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #12
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
FedEx is not going to say, Gee - we were a little late on this one, so we're going to credit your account; so the shipper is going to have to pursue it. Personally, I wouldn't be going after a refund on a half hour late delivery...save that for REAL delays.

Yes, half hour was just an example and probably a poor one at that. Im not sure exactly what would be acceptable as far as late goes. A recent delivery was aroung 2 hours late. Though if FedEx says by 10:30 and its not then what? I would guess there is always a way to blame it on weather somewhere. mine was blamed on a storm far elsewhere where my shipment never went near but the "storm" caused delays all over according to FedEx.

I have not shipped yet and just getting a feel for what others are facing.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #13
hhmoore
Personally, I think that a matter of hours shouldn't be eligible for anything more than the difference between Overnight Priority vs Overnight Standard. They did, after all, get it there the next day; so they're entitled to most of their fee. More often than not, delays will get blamed on something that exempts them from refunding - but "reasonable" expectations may get better results.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #14
SpitZu
I sent one out a few weeks ago that arrived about an hour late. I wasn't really expecting anything, but I asked Debbie (Reptiles Express) about it anyway and she was able to get a refund minus the RE fee. This made for a very happy buyer.

I'm sure there are all sorts of reasons that they will deny the refund, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:57 AM   #15
robyn@Pro Exotics
It is specifically against FedEx TOS to receive a refund for live reptile shipments. It is covered in your FedEx live certification agreement. You waive the right to ask for, or receive, any positive refunds or adjustments.

Whether or not folks follow the rules, that is a different conversation.

This policy is why we created the SYR On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance program. If a shipment is one minute past the guaranteed delivery time, and you have at least the minimum insurance, you are covered for the full shipping fee.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #16
Focal
I've been thinking on this more, and I don't think there is any reason the seller should keep the refund unless the buyer turns it over. I probably would not pursue a refund unless the buyer requested it, in which it would be theirs. If I did pursue a refund, it would be in the event of a lost animal and the buyer would still be refunded.

As a buyer, I would be upset to know that the seller received extra funds due to the health of my snake being jeopardized by the shipper (ie FedEx) and didn't say anything. Some may not care, but knowing that chance is eliminated by issuing the refund to the buyer, I also gained some credibility on a potential return customer. As a buyer, I'd be humbled to have been offered an unknown refund on shipping from the seller and probably let them keep it anyway.

As a seller, I could see keeping the shipping as a credit towards the in-house insurance provided for live arrival guarantee, but I've already factored this expense from the net profit. I can also think of a few different reasons that would justify the seller to keep the refund and I'm not sure that any would benefit the buyer in anyway. That's who you should be making happy if you want to exceed the standard. Just my opinion and not tryjng to insult the practices of others.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!