Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #171
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldydrgn
We use the same type of box but in 3 different sizes, but had only one size tested. I don't believe every size needs testing. Keep in mind that only new boxes should be used in order to be sure of the integrity of the box. Also... with the bigger boxes we use thicker insulation to provide extra support.
I called the testing department today just to verify and you are correct if you use similar packaging you do not need to have other sizes tested. He also said exactly what you quoted above, just make sure and use thicker insulation on larger boxes.

Old 07-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #172
ldydrgn
Wow... instincts are an amazing thing. roflmao!

Old 07-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #173
AncientDNA
Fyi

I just began this process myself...and I don't know how the rest of you did it, but it's not possible(that I have found anyway) to get a live person on the phone by calling the 800-GOFEDEX number supplied.
I ended up calling the live animal desk and had the person there find out who my local rep was and give me that persons number directly.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #174
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientDNA
I just began this process myself...and I don't know how the rest of you did it, but it's not possible(that I have found anyway) to get a live person on the phone by calling the 800-GOFEDEX number supplied.
I ended up calling the live animal desk and had the person there find out who my local rep was and give me that persons number directly.
If you just print out the application and send in your box, the paperwork you receive back from testing has your reps name and phone number on the sheet.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #175
AncientDNA
Good to know

Thx
Since I did get her number, I might as well start this relationship now.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:01 AM   #176
Bill & Amy
Anyone planning on doing this in the future, don't wait till the last minute to get started. My package test was accepted and I am waiting on legal. I have been "waiting" on legal since the 6th of July. Come to find out, there is only one person in the legal department that can do the paperwork. Guess where he is, vacation. WTF, if anything happens to this guy I guess we're screwed.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:03 PM   #177
HerpLuver
Problem,

This link http://fedex.com/us/services/expres...ging/tips.html, thats supposed to take you to some form to fill out and send in, is NO Longer available. Can someone please post a new link as to where this form is at and what needs to be filled out. Wish i knew what the paperwork that link directed to was, so i could've just searched for it.

Old 12-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #178
hhmoore
I don't know if I have a link, but I have the application...shoot me an email and I will send it to you (or you could just ask your rep...the process is a whole lot easier if they are working with you, vs you trying to do it on your own)

Old 12-26-2006, 10:38 PM   #179
scotty77327
try this link
scott

Old 12-26-2006, 10:38 PM   #180
scotty77327
oops here it is http://www.fedex.com/us/services/pdf...ion.pdf?link=4

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver