best value in shipping - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Randy F
best value in shipping

Who is everyone using for shipping? We used both Fedex and Ship your reptiles. I did not have any problems with either. I am now using reptile express and I love it. Their rates are the best and you get great personal attention. The shipping is all the same, through fedex express. I recommend you guys give them a shot and see for yourself. Call Debbie at (404) 477-4102 or go to www.reptilesexpress.com and see for yourself. RyanT just did and she set him up instantly and he saved money on the snake he was shipping me and had his quote through someone else. If you tell Debbie I referred you she will expidite your application.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
Kingofspades
It depends for me. Normally it's Reptilesexpress, but if I want to insure the animal I will go shipyourreptiles.
Both have worked well for me.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #3
Shadera
I ship on my own FedEx waiver. So far, it beats anyone else's price by a couple bucks, and I like not having to go through a middleman if there's a problem.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:09 AM   #4
snowgyre
I've used both SYR and Reptile's Express. I've found that Reptile's Express is a little cheaper than SYR, and the customer service is spot on.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #5
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
I ship on my own FedEx waiver. So far, it beats anyone else's price by a couple bucks, and I like not having to go through a middleman if there's a problem.
I found that its cheaper than our fedex account. Plus if there is a problem Debbie would totally take care of it and understads the urgency. I called fedex about a package one time told me "we don't ship reptiles." I said well there is one you have of mine right now! Most of the fedex people dont have a clue other than "take the box, put on conveyor" I wish I could get a dollar for everytime fedex told me they dont ship reptiles.....my shipping would be free!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #6
MrBig
I use Debbie as well for all my shipping needs, and she has gone to bat and got results everytime I've had an issue. Would reccommend to anyone

Old 08-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
hhmoore
I moved this to the shipping forum.
(Probably a good thing I didn't see it earlier, since the opening post is more a combination of a BOI type thread and a commercial for RE.)

Just a reminder that the BOI is the appropriate place for posting feedback about a company.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
I found that its cheaper than our fedex account. Plus if there is a problem Debbie would totally take care of it and understads the urgency. I called fedex about a package one time told me "we don't ship reptiles." I said well there is one you have of mine right now! Most of the fedex people dont have a clue other than "take the box, put on conveyor" I wish I could get a dollar for everytime fedex told me they dont ship reptiles.....my shipping would be free!
That's great. But not everyone has problems dealing with FedEx on their own. I've shipped dozens of packages, no problem. Not one. If you have a great account manager, you won't have any problems, as I have not. The same good AM will also sign you up for discounts, which will have you more often than not paying less than using any other company. Taking the time to get to know your local hub receiving people doesn't hurt either. A genuine smile and a "thank you" goes a long way. I've never had anyone tell me I can't ship something (I also don't wave around the box and tell them what's in it though it is clearly marked). If you ask, they WILL tell you no, because it's company policy. Go with your waiver in hand every time, and your account manager's number to call if you need it (though I never have).

Sounds like you're out to plug your favorite company no matter what anyone else says. Perhaps it should have just been a pat on the back BOI thread instead, rather than asking others who they use, only to try to refute their experiences.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
FireStorm
I use SYR, because I like the insurance, and because I absolutely hate talking on the phone (and I can't talk on the phone at work, but can answer personal emails) and I've always gotten a super fast response from SYR via email. Even if it's a few $ more (I don't know, I've never checked), that convenience makes it worth it to me. It's mostly personal preference though.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #10
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Sounds like you're out to plug your favorite company no matter what anyone else says. Perhaps it should have just been a pat on the back BOI thread instead, rather than asking others who they use, only to try to refute their experiences.
actually how untrue that is. If you check I used them for the first time. I asked around to find out who others were shipping with. I found that Brant Rustich recommended them to me. Dan at rat trap recommended another. I was trying to find someone that might be a little cheaper than fedex direct and ship your reptiles. I found that and wanted to share with other people. If you go check the boi you will find that I have given a pat on the back to companies I like using a lot like Layne Labs. I have learned when you ask question you may learn something, and when you share others may share with you as well. For all I know someone may post on here somewhere better, but I will never know if I just do a pat on the back boi.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!