Witch hub for middle stop? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
bones93
Witch hub for middle stop?

When shipping overnight is there any way to know what hub your shipment will make the stop in? I have had some packages routed to Indy and some to Memphis. Just curious if there is anyway to know ahead of time. Just trying to get a handle on the weather in the overnight stop area? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
axeman
I know it's been a while since you posted but I just shipped last night. I talked with FedEx about this. My package was going from Arizona to Kentucky. The guy at FedEx said it will go to Memphis then Kentucky. Sure enough it went to Indianapolis. Memphis weather is 45 high and 36 low. Indianapolis 31 high and 22 low. Big difference. Snake made it but was cold. Still waiting to see how she turns out. Hopefully this helps someone out in the future

Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Shadera
I'm not sure there's any way to tell which hub they'll be routed through. I always make sure temps are good through both hubs just in case.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
Charis
I knew Memphis is a hub, and so far all my shipments I've sent have gone thru there. Where is the other hub?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
Shadera
Indianapolis.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
axeman
If you ship along the west coast from the west coast, they will use Oakland as well. I will remember that for next time. I did look at both to determine if I could ship and that's when I decided to ask FedEx. I won't make that mistake again.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:28 AM   #7
bones93
Yeah it seems like it can vary from time to time. I have not been able to get a definite answer. I have had packages get routed to Texas also. 99% of the time it is Indy or Memphis but sometimes they throw a curve. This info would help not only during the colder months but during warmer months or when trying to determine if there is any possible storms or something along the route that may delay a package.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
robyn@Pro Exotics
Routing factors depend on flights, delays, weather, and a number of other unpredictable factors.

I pay attention to temps at origination and destination, but not at the hubs. Very little time is spent at the hub location. What I look for at the hubs are any delay notices, which FedEx, and usually ShipYourReptiles, post at their site.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!