how can i help my boa - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-15-2005, 12:38 AM   #41
monitorman85
ya that is the ball but he choose to use the messed up pic i sent him a day later i sent him a couple of better pics.i even sent him the ball like almost a week before he sent me the boa.actualy it was more like 5 days then he sent me the boa.i sent him the ball on a wensday and then i got the boa on wensday.here are the pics i sent him that where better then the one he chose to use.
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2005, 01:26 AM   #42
Junkyard
Well, if you were to ship first than he would have most definitely received the ball first before shipping off the boa. Part of shipping first is to make sure the guy is happy with the deal(Ball Python) and he than sends off his end of the trade(Boa).

Less snot can be a very good sign, could mean the infection is starting to clear up. Think of the last cold you had with a runny nose. When your nose started to dry up you soon started feeling a lot better and eventually the cold went away. your boa should soon start becoming a lot more active. Keep up the treatments, seems like they are working in favor of the boa.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:49 AM   #43
monitorman85
thats what im going to do.i just dont like opening his mouth cuz im afraid im going to hurt his mouth and make it worse.i knew he was going to wait to ship the boa till monday i was just saying he had it that long and then when i brought up mouthrot the ball then died.the first email i sent him only said that i got the boa and he looks awsome.after i put him in his cage to feed him thats when i noticed he had mouthrot so i emailed him again and told him and thats when he said the bp died.i dont think he took care of the boa cuz he is skinny and has alot of loose skin.he said to send him back if i was unhappy but i figured it would be to much for the boa and might die so i just asked him to help me out which he did a little but after the vet i just asked if he could pay the bill or send another boa.after thinking though sending the sick boa back would not be good sence i didnt want to send it back in the first place.i just wish he could pay the vet bill i would have but some people are different.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:55 PM   #44
monitorman85
well now the boa will not even eat.i tried live i tried prekilled and i also tried frozen thawed.he still wont answer my emails so i wouldnt mess with this person unless he gives you a garentee.i cant beleave this i hope the boa doesnt die if it does im going to be screwed.all i wanted was a nice boa to trade for my ball and i got screwed out of that to.well at least i know who i can trust and who i cant.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:41 PM   #45
The BoidSmith
She's not eating right now probably because of the stress of the daily treatments. Wait until you finish with them and let her recover for a couple of days. Then try again.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:51 PM   #46
monitorman85
i know but that will take awhile.hes skinny as it is if i wait till i finish the treatments he might die.he might die anyways but im hoping he will make it.i think he has a RI now cuz he has bubbles coming out of his nostrils and mouth some times and makes a weezing sound.my temps are a little high sense the mouthrot so i dont see how he got it unless he has had it and the vet missed it or didnt check for it.im going to make an appointment tomarrow to see if he does.he also lost another tooth today so i think he is in bad shape i almost want to give him to someone with realy good experenience with sick boas just cuz i dont want him to die.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:47 PM   #47
Junkyard
I have had snakes go a long time(over 3 months) without eating. From my experience with a mouth rot case, the snake will not eat until they are feeling better. I would wait at least one more week before even attempting to feed again. Also, weigh the snake, then check his weight in one week to see if he has lost any weight. This will help you to know if he is losing or just maintaining his size. If he is maintaining his weight, than he will be okay without eating for a small period of time. Is the snake drinking water? Do you mist the snake down at all? If it is too dry he may dehydrate.

I have been scammed and was sold two boas that were supposed to be captive bred, but the dude sent me two wild caught snakes. One died shortly because of disease and the other does not eat very well. I know the feeling of being screwed, I spent a lot of money just to be ripped off.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:10 AM   #48
monitorman85
sorry to here about your lose of a boa.i dont see why people rip other people off cuz it will come back around on them sooner or later.i dont have anything to weigh him on except a scale for people and i dont think that will work cuz its off on me.but i will try and wait till like next wensday to feed again and see if that helps.i hope your other boa starts eating better and stays healthy.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:58 AM   #49
The BoidSmith
Probably the stress added to the fact that she is debilitated. She might have been fighting it off for a while and now came down with it. That calls for another trip to the vet as she might need some ATB.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:16 AM   #50
hhmoore
There are several reasons the snake is likely not to be eating (as mentioned above): It is being stressed 2x daily for treatment, It has open sores in its mouth, It has some sort of systemic infection (remember, the mouth rot is usually secondary). Don't even bother trying to feed it til the stomatitis is resolved (if he gets anything stuck in the injured area, it will be painful and, if you don't see it, could just rekindle the whole problem. I am not even a little surprised that it is showing signs of RI, but it just adds to what you have to deal with. the antibiotic therapy may get stepped up a notch, when you go back to the vet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!