Bad Guy Ed Clark - Scammer, Liar, and Sells Sick Dragons - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #211
lanceheads
I would assume that would be .05 ml per hundred grams of weight. Which would be the correct dosage, depending on results from a fecal swab or flotation.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #212
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
I would assume that would be .05 ml per hundred grams of weight. Which would be the correct dosage, depending on results from a fecal swab or flotation.
I think the problem is that the bottle is listed for use in "multiple dragons" meaning there are no specific dosing instructions due to it not being intended for any particular dragon nor any particular weight.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #213
reticguy76
i have never seen a rx label written that way if that is what it says. i cant see the last part of that 0.05ml per 100 grams of.... if it says weight, then obviously it would be legit. again, wasnt tryin to start anything. just seemed to me that they made the medication a lower concentration to give to a small reptile. just never, ever in my 14 years doing this, have seen a label written that way.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #214
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
I think the problem is that the bottle is listed for use in "multiple dragons" meaning there are no specific dosing instructions due to it not being intended for any particular dragon nor any particular weight.
Very possibly, as that seems to be a low dose,(for multiple weight animals) which would be a "shotgun" treatment or "starter" treatment. Never the less, I don't see where it's "against" the vet, or who prescribed the doseage.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #215
crotalusadamanteus
It says 0.05ml per 100 grams. The albon is a 5% suspension.

0.5ml would be 10 times the dose.

Point is, Ryan is right. It's not exactly legal for him to be doing the formulary for that. He can prescribe a dosage to a specific animal, not dish it out in bulk with generalized instructions.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #216
crotalusadamanteus
He being the Vet

Old 04-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #217
reticguy76
a licensed veterinarian must provide proper dosing instructions to an animal for a non-over the counter medication. thats why it could be against the vet/prescriber. now that being said, who knows if he put the dose for each dragon in the medical record and gave ed copies, and that is just a generic rx label for all dragons

Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #218
reticguy76
another thing to keep in mind, is that when small doses like that are involved to small animals, the slightest little bit of overdose, can damage an animal, and if owner doses each animal himself without a legal written prescription from a licensed vet, that vet that prescribed the initial medication written for only one dragon can be liable

Old 04-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #219
reticguy76
just wanted to re-itarate, that if the left off part of that line says... weight, then that is a legal label.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #220
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
It says 0.05ml per 100 grams. The albon is a 5% suspension.

0.5ml would be 10 times the dose.

Point is, Ryan is right. It's not exactly legal for him to be doing the formulary for that. He can prescribe a dosage to a specific animal, not dish it out in bulk with generalized instructions.

So Richard, your now a lawyer?
I wonder what you will be tomorrow Perhaps a Nuclear Physicist?

Randal Berry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!