Bad Guy Kameron White - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
tyjohnko
Kameron White

I sold a yearling lewisi hybrid to Kameron White from California with eamail kameronwhite8@gmail.com last month.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=641602

After receive the animal he said that the iguana was not tamed and aggressive which i agreed and already told him before the deal was done.

After one hour he sent me an email said that the animal was not the same from my ad on Fauna. after a few explanation that i only have 1 iguana i tried to re home and it was the same one ( i sent him extra multiple pictures of the same iguana inside). I also gave the pictures that he took and claim it look different with my posted pics , and some good breeder said it represent the same iguana. But i know that it's hard to win this situation when he aldready had the igu and he can take pics and fix the pictures how he want. event inside and outside pictures will make same lewisi iguana look completely different. So i didn't want to keep argue with him about that. I told him " IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE IGUANA, SENT IT BACK I'LL REFUND YOU IN FULL " this is the fairest way that i know many big breeder will do in this situation.

From here he start to threaten me and try to get at much at he can from the deal. he threatened me that he'll dispute the money through his credit card company and also will keep the iguana. ( from this point i totally lost all of my trust in him)
Next he said he'll keep the iguana if i refund him $450. Of course i'll reject.
After so many back and forth i just tired to deal with this guy and have an agreement with this guy that I'll refund him $100 first , and then he sent me the igu and i'll refund the rest . And of course , just like i thought after he receive the $100 and didn't follow the agreement, he said he won't ship the animal until i refund him the rest of the money first. There is no way i'll do that after he threatened me that he'll dispute all money and also keep the iguana.
So now he had my iguana + my $100 and acting like he the one that got screw.
At this point i am just tired argue with him and don't event care that much. I already gave him a very reasonable way that every big breeder will agreed on " IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE IGUANA , SEND IT BACK I'LL REFUND YOU IN FULL ". he was the one who broke the deal, and after multiple times that he threatened me to dispute the money and keep the iguana.
i am sorry that my English is not perfect !
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
Ed Clark
John,you did the right thing offering to refund,you even sent your buyer $100.00 up front.
lets see if he comes here to argue his point or offer new information.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:53 PM   #3
hupababy_83
Have you notified him about this post? You offered a refund, if he sent the iggy back. You even refunded him the $100 and he kept the iggy. Sounds to me like you did the right thing, and he didn't. It would be interesting to see what he has to say.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #4
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyjohnko View Post
IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE IGUANA, SENT IT BACK I'LL REFUND YOU IN FULL " this is the fairest way that i know many big breeder will do in this situation.
It's standard in most industries that buyers don't get a refund until the product is shipped back and received in good condition.

Also do you have screens shots of the discussion about this animal's temperament before it was purchased and shipped, since that seems to be one of the buyer's complaints?

Old 12-29-2017, 04:30 PM   #5
tyjohnko
i sent him pictures of the iguana inside also

and yes i told him this iguana was not tamed.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2017, 12:16 AM   #6
tlmoon
The ad thread linked in the OP shows some more comments by Kameron. I wonder if he got an infraction/temp ban - based on a comment from a mod after Kameron continued to post disputes in the ad thread. So maybe he is not able to respond here?

To me this sounds like buyer's remorse. He got the iguana and realized a flighty animal wasn't what he wanted. Because the seller had legitimately told him about the lack of tameness, he decided that this was a different animal and tried to get his way using that angle.

I'm not impressed with someone being "sure this is a different animal" unless there are good comparison pics posted. So, while we only really have one side of the story so far, I don't see that Kameron's statements have been backed up by evidence. If Kameron disputes the transaction and wins, then he has the animal and the money, which does not seem fair.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:06 AM   #7
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
The ad thread linked in the OP shows some more comments by Kameron. I wonder if he got an infraction/temp ban - based on a comment from a mod after Kameron continued to post disputes in the ad thread. So maybe he is not able to respond here?
He is not banned.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #8
tyjohnko
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post

To me this sounds like buyer's remorse. He got the iguana and realized a flighty animal wasn't what he wanted. Because the seller had legitimately told him about the lack of tameness, he decided that this was a different animal and tried to get his way using that angle.

I'm not impressed with someone being "sure this is a different animal" unless there are good comparison pics posted. So, while we only really have one side of the story so far, I don't see that Kameron's statements have been backed up by evidence. If Kameron disputes the transaction and wins, then he has the animal and the money, which does not seem fair.
This is what i think was his reason for the buyer as well . Right after he receive the iguana he said " he wish he didn't get him." But this guy was not just want to return the iguana he want to get as much from me as he can.

First he want me to ship him " the real iguana in the picture" , i couldn't because i only had 1 iguana. or he will go to his credit card company dispute his money back and keep the iguana as well

I don't know if he tried to go to his bank or not , but second he want me to refund him $400 but i rejected.
At this point i am tired and do not feel like i can deal with this guy anymore. So we agreed that i'll refund him half of the full payment first ($450) and he ship back the animal and i'll refund him the rest . but Paypal won't let me do Partial refund , i sent him 2 pictures showing paypal won't let me do partial refund. then he ask me to to send him the $450 in a separate payment . This guy was out of his mind , there was no way i would send him another $450 after he threatened me to dispute all money and keep the iguana. I told him that.
Finally we agreeded that i'll refund him $100 first , then he ship the igu back then i'll refund him the rest. ( i only can refund him $100 because he paid for the iguana as 2 separate payment :$100 as deposit, and the rest $800. Paypal would not let me do partial refund so i only can refund full amount of 1 of his payment ).

And of course just like i worried after receive the $100 , he want rest of the money before him shipping the igu back. Now he having my iguana + $100. This guy was not just want to return the iguana he want to get as much from me as he can.
If you are not happy with the animal , ship it back the seller will refund you in full , isn't it simple ? I stayed firm on my resolution , this guy keep threatening me and wanting more and more.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #9
tyjohnko
some more email pictures
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2017, 10:49 AM   #10
elena
In my opinion, unless there is indisputable photo evidence that this is not the same animal, no return or refund is deserved at all. If Mr. White does not send that iguana back immediately, he must return the $100 or it is theft, plain and simple. Refund after return is standard. This really looks like a clear case of buyer's remorse due to the animal's temperament, which was discussed beforehand anyway. It seems like the buyer thought he could deal with an non-tame animal, realized too late that he couldn't, and concocted some BS about it not being the same animal, then moved on to threatening a chargeback while keeping the animal (stealing) and finally moved on to actual stealing (receiving partial refund and not returning the animal.) He really sounds like the customer from hell and I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this, Mr. Tran. Just, whatever you do, don't give him any more money. I don't think you'll ever see this iguana again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!