Bad Guy Fluker Farms AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! Filthy - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #31
TattooLost
Thus, I said "maybe." Did you miss that part? It's basically my theory, and I never stated it as fact. As many have said before, no one is forced to come here and post. Obviously some see the value of this place. Just because the majority of people posting in this thread agree with her reaction to this, doesn't mean no one does, and it certainly doesn't make this forum a "clique." If so, why would they let others post at all, especially if they didn't agree with the post's substance?

Much like you, however, I too can see how others would feel that way. Especially when they come here posting hot-headed or outrageous claims and everyone doesn't jump on their bandwagon. I've seen posts where the "majority" are proven wrong as well. I've seen far more where the "majority" are completely right, though. All of that really has no bearing on THIS thread. Only the facts of this particular thread do.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #32
TattooLost
Damn, thinking faster than I can type. Should read "Just because the majority of people posting in this thread *don't* agree with her reaction..."

Carry on.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #33
Laura Fopiano
Sandra, while some may find what was in your cricket order a not so big deal, if you're unhappy with your purchase, you have every right to warn others. Fluker's did offer to make things right with you, an offer that you declined.

What I do see are error's on both sides. You said yourself that you had a past order that was not to your liking, yet you opted to order from them again. Fluker's should not have shipped that order with cold temps.

Take the advice from Rich and switch cricket vendors.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #34
Lucas339
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPasquinelli View Post
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I have seen Dermestid labeled and sold as "cleaning crews" for feeder colonies because they eat the all of the things that you would normally have to clean out while leaving your living colony in tact. Assuming that is the case, I wouldnt necessarily take their presence as a sign of filthy facility.
yes. and they are legal to ship across state lines....well maybe not to FL. I'd have to check that. they are commonly sold to people (as one person stated already) to clean vertebrate skeletons.

the term "flesh eating" is a bit of an exaggeration here as well. they eat dead tissue and only dead tissue. they are a scavenger species. i was going to start a colony but it is too hot here to keep them outside and i don't want rotting flesh of any animal (vert or not) in my house.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #35
J&J Reptiles
Like Kevin said these larva are even good feeders, out of every company I and my work have used I will take these larva over the spiders any day, at least these don't kill crickets, when I find these guys I toss then in a fish tank at work or collect them at home. I do have to agree with everyone you are jumping the gun on this and its not only senders but buyers fault if the weather was not fit for shipping crickets, I don't even like shipping crickets under 60. Give flukers another chance...or don't, they are such a large company I am sure your sales will not make or break them.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #36
snowgyre
Sandra, I'm not sure if you have ever posted on the BOI or not before. Please take the following as constructive criticism and advice. In no way am I attempting to sound condescending here.

The BOI is similar to bringing evidence before a jury. Regardless of hurt emotions or how you believe you a wronged, members who come to the BOI are looking for evidence to make their own decision about whether or not they wish to do business with an individual or company.

You brought forward two pieces of evidence:
1. You received dead crickets from Fluker Farms.
2. There were a large number of dermestid beetle larvae in your shipment.

With this evidence, you cannot accuse Fluker Farms of having a filthy facility. Correlation does not imply causation. Unless you have actually been to Fluker Farm's facility, you cannot judge their cleanliness on the basis of one shipment.

Fluker Farms did make two errors:
1. The shipped in very cold temperatures over a weekend where the shipment was probably stored inappropriately by the shipping company.
2. They put a greater than normal proportion of dermestid beetle larvae with your shipment.

You hinted that Fluker Farms did not send you the 3000 crickets you ordered. Without a direct count, we cannot include this accusation as valid. There is an easy way to "block count" large numbers of organisms. Count 100 crickets out, get a visual idea of how large 100 crickets looks, then segment the shipment you received into approximately 100 cricket blocks. You'll probably get an estimate +/- 200-300 crickets this way.

I have ordered crickets from several different suppliers. Almost every shipment had dermestid beetles. I appreciated their presence. Inevitably, a certain proportion of crickets will die in every order and the dermestids keep the cricket tank clean.

I will have the following warning however: dermestid beetles cause no harm to humans, but they are called carpet beetles for a reason. If they escape (which is unlikely unless you accidentally flip the tub, the adults and larvae do not fly or climb) they can damage carpets (I suppose they eat dead skin cells on the carpet?).

All things considered, Fluker Farms did what any reasonable company feeder company should do: they offered to replace your order free of charge and when you found that unsatisfactory, they refunded your order. I understand why you may have initially been impalled to see an insect other than crickets in your shipment (the first time I received crickets from a wholesaler I felt the exact same way until I did a good search to learn what they could possibly be), but making such potentially damaging accusations about Fluker Farm's facilities is simply not valid based upon the evidence you presented.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #37
TattooLost
I want to point out something though. I don't think anyone really has a problem with you being upset with your order. I would be upset too, especially as I knew nothing much about the dermestid beetle before this post either. I would be upset at that many, and so many dead crickets as well.

I think what the majority of people have a problem with is your reaction. One bad shipment, and you're posting on numerous forums (from the sound of it) trying to drag them through the mud and get them shut down. Threatening to find out if there's anything illegal they've done to get them in trouble or shut down. Constantly exaggerating the "flesh eating beetle" implications. All this is leaves an especially bad taste in my mouth after reading the emails and seeing that they were NOTHING but polite in trying to fix the situation while you were nothing but irate and accusatory and threatening.

I'm sure they'll fix this situation, and I'm sure they'll be okay without your business. I just hope you don't get sub-par orders from other suppliers in the future.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #38
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry, but I disagree. When someone says something like this:

"others" are being referred to in relation to comments made relevant to the discussion AND indicating evidence concerning opinions about the matter at hand. Since those "others" are not identified by having names associated with the statement and their statements are provided as a synopsis of the assumed two or more persons being used as a SOURCE, then yes, this is an ANONYMOUS THIRD PARTY QUOTE. It does not take the use of quotation marks as a prerequisite for a statement to be considered as a quote. A single statement made as a synopsis combined from multiple conversations is STILL a quote.

To give you an example, saying "my buddy says you are a thief" is functionally equivalent to someone saying "I've heard from several people that you are a thief".
I disagree. Their were no statements provided at all. If Sandra asked a hundred people if they disagree with a post, and they simply say no or just nod, should she be required to post their names here? No third party was quoted as implicating, or even insuating any wrongdoing by the company in question in any way. Some people here take things too far. JMHO

Old 02-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #39
barbie
Ok so hear goes. In defense of Flukers because they are obviously not on hear. I have orderd from them on 3 occasions i did get a few of theis little guys but the crickets wher alive and i have no reason to believe they have any kind of bad condidtions that they are breeding thier crickets or housing them in for that matter!! Sorry you had a bad experience but mine was great and i have order from them on three occasions.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #40
Chris Kennard
"we cannot include this accusation as valid." Who is "we"? You don't speak for everyone here and the accusation is no more invalid than it is valid.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!