my Family members are killing garter snakes!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2005, 10:09 PM   #11
Wilomn
I could but I'm too busy at The Cumberland Mine, just down the road From Terrapin Station waiting for the Morning Dew with my Spanish Lady, lamenting the fact that He's Gone, sort of humming Blues for Allah, hoping there is no Cold Rain and Snow as I keep in Truckin on down to where Black Peter will be panhandling as Uncle John's Band warms up to play at St. Stephans. Pretty much just One More Saturday Night.

Ya know?

Old 07-01-2014, 01:07 AM   #12
PythonMan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey View Post
Ahh the Dead. I have seen every band imagineable but I regret that I never got to see the Dead when Jerry was alive!

Can you name my favorite tune?

A peaceful place or so it looks from space. A closer look reveals the human race. Full of hope, full of grace is the human face but afraid we may lay our home to waste.

There's a fear down here we can't forget. Hasn't got a name just yet.
Always awake, always around singin' ashes, ashes all fall down. Ashes, ashes, all fall down.
Yeah, definitely can't blame any of you, the people in both of these scenarios sound roughly the same as the kinds of people who thought hanging other people from trees was okay, really. I'm sure if you went and kicked their dog as hard as you could, they'd start screaming, asking why you kicked their dog, maybe cry a little. So, why then should they not treat every other animal the same way? It's still an animal. Now, if the snake in the weight room with the meathead was a viper, or something that could have actually killed him? I might have understood his reaction in the story, but all it would've taken to know what snakes are poisonous in his state is go online and google it, look at pictures, and familiarize himself with what to look for.
Example: I know copperheads are prevalent from where I'm from...so I'm extremely careful in tall grassy areas, woods, rocky areas, etc. just in case. And I'm always listening for that telltale rattle.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #13
EHognose1
Being comfortable with snakes

I've had the same issue with my parents and sister being uncomfortable with snakes. I remember when I was young, and since my mom was afraid of snakes she'd have the garters around our house chopped.(fortunately, she only saw 3 garters, because after the first were chopped I'd scare them away when she was near) began to like snakes and I found out that the best way for your family to at least not KILL or THREATEN reptiles is to give them experience with a reptile. Start with one family member and move up one by one. So I showed my dad that snakes weren't that bad and they were calm, and my mom seeing that my dad was ok with snakes, she grew away from her fear. And then just keep letting or showing how good reptiles are without scaring your family members too much where they go back into their fear.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!