Inquiry Wanda Patterson aka: sunsethypo? - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #81
Bryan S
I hate to bump this thread but I felt that it needed to be done. I have had no dealings with Wanda so I can't speak for or against them other than what I have read in this Ad and in this thread. In Wanda's KingSnake Ad for her 10" hypo redfoot there are a number of "interesting" quotes some of which seem misinformed or perhaps pointed at someone. Is it a coincidence that the ad is posted time and time again after another seller posts their Ad selling a hypo cherryhead? Either way I would not want to be dealing with someone that says things like this:

Quote:
the inexperienced often misstaken these for cherry head hypos as they are often hatched with lots of red on the head which will turn to orange and then yellow by the time they are 10 inches ,but you can tell if it has a mostly all yellow plaston it is not a cherry head .
I mean who knew that hypo's wouldn't have the same dark plastron as non hypo cherryhead animals? It's almost as if you could tell hypo's by their lighter color on the plastrons and carapaces among other things or something.....

Quote:
this is a 10 inch hypo female ,these are very easy to sex by eye even at only 4 inches , she has never been endoscoically sexed ,i feel as do many other this can damage the internal reproductive organs especially when small making the tortoise infertile and you will not find out for many years.
Who are these "many others"? It is a common practice for those with high end or endangered animals to get the animals sex determined via endoscopy.

Quote:
i have provided a side profile pic of the WHOLE TORTOISE so that you can CLEARLY!! see that there is no pyramiding ,tortoises with excessive stacking or pyramiding are often infertile
Very interesting that this was added at a time that another hypo was listed and initially there were no side profile pics.....

Quote:
i will be honest , even though she is adult size perfect in every way at 10 plus inches 9 years old it will likely take another five to ten years before she starts producing good fertile clutches .
Wow, really? So you're saying that you'd give a 10 year guarantee (see the below quote) on an animal that is already breeding size but is not a breeder? Why not give a 20 year guarantee then? What happens in 10 years if the animal still hasn't bred and the buyer loses touch with the seller?

Quote:
i am giving a ten year guarantee with this tortoise that she will produce perfectly if you ever want to return her ,just do so for a full refund ,as long as she is in good condition and the same weight or more ,this takes all the guess work out ,you will be getting a perfect 5star animal .do not get taken , if you are buying a hypo do not settle for less as they are to costly be sure you get the 10 year guarantee, as a good breeder ,with a great hypo, will want back a good older hypo every time,if it doesnt come with a 10 year guarantee it is not worth taking a chance on the unknown ,this guarantee gives you enough time to see for your self ,guarantees speak louder then words, plus this tortoise will have propper age to actually be producing great within this time period.
Yes because 10 year guarantees are the norm apparently. It sure seems like someone trying to discredit another animal/seller more than it sounds like someone trying to sell an animal in my opinion. Regardless there are a lot of uninformed opinions in that single listing. The fact that the person who started this thread is the person trying to sell a hypo cherryhead may well explain a few things to those that read between the lines.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #82
Bryan S
I can't find the edit function on my post and I am ready to head out the door shortly. Apparently I was mistaken and this part of my above post
Quote:
The fact that the person who started this thread is the person trying to sell a hypo cherryhead may well explain a few things to those that read between the lines.
should've read: The fact that the person who posted early in the first page of this thread is the person trying to sell a hypo cherryhead may well explain a few things to those that read between the lines.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #83
nickolasanastasiou
Yeah, it is a very thinly veiled attack. Perhaps directing folks to search for the seller's name will modify that approach. It hurts his business more so than mine, no doubt.

If Jodi/Wanda is trying to sell his hypo RF female, I strongly suspect there will be an issue and a "disappearance" of the current persona in the span of the so-called guarantee. My suspicion is that a change of persona may already be in a planning phase based on the fact that Jodi has sold under his name until he got pinched for smuggling, his son's name until there was a BOI thread about Darik, and now his wife's/Wanda's name until whenever he is likely to go for a fresh name.

To clarify, I did not start this particular thread, but I do believe I nurtured it in the hopes that more folks do not fall victim to any of Jodi's scams like myself and others have.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #84
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan S View Post
I can't find the edit function on my post and I am ready to head out the door shortly. Apparently I was mistaken and this part of my above post should've read: The fact that the person who posted early in the first page of this thread is the person trying to sell a hypo cherryhead may well explain a few things to those that read between the lines.
No worries. I added a little note to say the same thing. I am glad this is noticeable to other people.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #85
jtrux
It seems that even more of these "hets" are for sale. Beware.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.p...=50&de=1051466

Old 05-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #86
nickolasanastasiou
There are some glaring lies in that ad as well beyond the issue of the validity of the morph or any "hets".

Old 05-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #87
dumje
I cant say 100% either way...that the sunset hypo is real or not...but for the record I never believed the mutation to be true...I would have never bought into it...and I have a pretty good friend that does have a few sub adult hets he is waiting on to prove out...but I don't believe they ever will...but if he does I will come on here with pictures.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #88
nickolasanastasiou
Michael, yes, many folks are likely interested in the results of that breeding. If it bears morph fruit, I will readily apologize, but I doubt that will end up being necessary.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #89
lillyorchid
Who are these people who keep buying these "hets" from her? I don't get why anyone would do so, when there isn't a one out there that has been solidly proven to be a sunsethypo.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #90
nickolasanastasiou
For most, it is probably a speculative buy. There was a photo bandied about that was posted earlier in this thread of an animal on a blue mat that was claimed to be an F2, but it does not appear to even be a Gpp when blown up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!