New to reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
Girlygirl
New to reptiles

Hi all ,
I am new to this site ,but want to learn . I thought I would suprise my boyfriend and show him I am intrested in learning about his hobby .In Feb we went to the reptile show and I enjoyed it very much. Never knew there were snakes that ate eggs. Well my son (who is 7) and my boyfriend talked me into a beautiful corn snake names Elvis .(My son called him Elvis ,he said so mom when he gets out we can say Elvis has left the building )Not cute when your just getting used to snakes lol. He is about 7-9 months old and has a beautiful pattern. Yesterday I was trying to be brave and pick him up but when he moved fast I jumped away . I don't know why . I am not frightened of him when my boyfriend hands him to me .Just when I try to take him out . Is there a secret? I really would like to get Elvis used to being held and then maybe I can hold some of the other adult snakes my boyfrind has without fear. Thus the name Girlygirl - He calls me that in a cute way ,so I thought the screen name was only fitting.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
IloveSnakes1234
Welcome!!! There's no "trick", just pick up Elvis really slowly. He moves fast because he's scared. Don't worry just let him calm down.
Do you have any pictures of him???

Old 06-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
Kingetula
Snakes are great pets, just try picking him up more

Old 06-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
Girlygirl
I do have a photo of him but don't know how to post it. I picked him up once to hand to the boys without even thinking about it ,but just can't seem to do it again .

Old 06-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
IloveSnakes1234
you can sign up on http://photobucket.com/
and post the IMG code on here.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #6
Girlygirl

ok try these

Old 06-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #7
IloveSnakes1234
Awesome, got some sweet colors on him...

Old 06-25-2007, 04:33 PM   #8
Girlygirl
His markings coil like a telephone cord .Its so pretty.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
Girlygirl
Belated Happy Birthday! I'm a Leo too

Old 06-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #10
BoABoSs
Whats Up?! Im new here and my life is dedicated to reptiles!!!! I just wanted to say Hi

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!