Green Pet Care - energy efficiency and reptile ownership. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
E2MacPets
Green Pet Care - energy efficiency and reptile ownership.

The fact that it has been many years since I was in school really shows in this article! This is a rough draft that I am presenting here for input and criticism. I could use a hand.
Let me know what your observations have been, in terms of the costs associated with reptile ownership and what you've done to make things more efficient and reduce cost of ownership. Have you switched heat sources, used a more insulated tank, started breeding feeders or growing fruits and vegetables. I want to hear from you guys.

http://www.e2macpets.com/Green-Pet-Care

If you have advice on how to better phrase various facts or better format the article, I'm up for that sort of input as well.

I plan to update this to address issues such as items that pose a problem in terms of toxicity (mercury vapor bulbs) or difficulty in recycling (ceramic heat emitters) and so on. I know we have members from all walks of life and all levels of commitment to this hobby/passion. I hope to raise awareness and generate discussion. Efforts to make our hobby more "green" can only benefit both our wallets (in the form of energy savings) and our public image. Hopefully it can benefit our animals as well!

Thank you for any input you can provide and I hope this subject has interested some of you and challenged you to consider the hobby from a different perspective!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
E2MacPets
I updated the article a little, I'm still looking for feedback though.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
LakesideBoas
Wow...

I am impressed with your website and hope you continue to gather more comprehensive and insightful articles/links like the one you included.

Do you mind if I send a friend a link to the website you linked to or better yet do you think they would mind working with the veterinarian that is doing UV studies?

The links are in the Bearded Dragon forum here posts by Drache613. I'd copy a link, but I haven't yet successfully been able to- LOL!

I am not quite finished perusing the link you posted so I am going to do some more reading.

When I finally get a website up and running I would like it to be the helpful resource that yours seems to be.

Edit: It seems they are already aware of the UV studies I cited. That is wonderful news.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:32 AM   #4
E2MacPets
The specific article I linked to on my website was written by me. almost everything else has been contributed by friends, and the leopard gecko care information was written by my fiance.

Thank you for your kind words.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:22 PM   #5
LakesideBoas
YAWN...

I stayed up way too late reading thanks to you!

I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Old 11-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
E2MacPets
Thanks again for the kind words. I'm glad the article was useful/inspiring to you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!