Crested Gecko Diet - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
jeskajohn
Crested Gecko Diet

Hey forum,
I have been using the Repashy 3.0 formula, which they do seem to be eating more of, but was wondering how often I need to supply it? I change out the food dish every other day but some gecko owners were commenting that they only feed them the repashy a few times a week. None of my geckos seem to like roaches and they will only eat crickets sometimes. Any suggestions to help with growth will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

J

Old 08-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
Spyral
Do what works for you! For hatchlings, I think food every other day is perfect, but older geckos might not eat as often and you might be fine with every 3 days instead. CGD should be the staple and with 3.0 the geckos should grow faster than with the previous version. I've been seeing good feeding response and increased growth.

Good luck!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Untaimed
I change all my guys CGD every other day & offer crickets 1-2x a week. I've found that by the 2nd day the CGD starts to dry out & if I leave it in for another day it turns into a thick paste or just dries up. I'd go with what seems to work best for you & your cresties, at my house it just happens to be every other day.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
hadenglock
I know breeders who have raised some of there geckos exclusively on the repashy diet with no nutritional problems at all. But variety never hurts when feeding your animals, for babies i offer CGD anywhere from 2-4 times a week, with roaches/crickets on the latter days. Most geckos do not seem to like roaches, which may have to do with either the taste of them or the way they move. Crickets should be a fine staple regardless but you could offer certain worm varieties in a dish (butterworms, phoenixworms, mealworms, etc.)

Old 09-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
AJaxx91
I leave my CGD in my cages all the time, but change it out every 2 days or so...

Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 AM   #6
Darky
It also depends on what type of gecko you are feeding... Crestie, leachie, etc...

Cheers,

Rob

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!