Disgusting! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-31-2005, 09:51 PM   #1
ReptileZone1
Disgusting!

Look at this.... This is what this company loves to sell... He shouldn't sell them, but put them up for adoption if he can't handle them... I think its pretty weak he "doesn't know leopard geckos" since they are one of the more basic reptiles. Way to run a business... One place I am not buying from... California Reptile Exchange...

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=10&de=315176

http://market.kingsnake.com/image/353666.jpg

Old 05-31-2005, 09:55 PM   #2
Cat_72
Good lord, they look like they are on death's door!!

What do you suppose the odds are that they would even survive shipping???

Truly sad.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:22 PM   #3
Milwaukee Reptiles
Wow that's just wrong.... Shipping alone is going to kill them! Poor little guys. Still shed on the toes and everything... makes me want to cry or go homocidal (maybe a little of both at the same time...). Truely a step back for reptile care. Maybe a BOI thread is in order as well.

In case the ad gets deleted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 WIERD SKINNY LEOPARDS,NEED NEW HOME
Nationwide shipping (NO EXPORT OR FOREIGN BUYERS)

Posted by Carolina Reptile Exchange and Co op L.L.C. (Contact Me!) on May 31, 2005 at 19:25:52
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2003-08-01
View Ads (13) | This Category Only (2)

Send this ad to a friend! Click Here!

Click on thumbnails to view fullsize in a new window
Click to enlarge Click to enlarge

THESE WERE RESCUES
I got these about a month ago
didnt think they would even live
but they are feeding great and actualy putting on weight
they have been wormed
I realy dont know leopard geckos
so I cant tell you what kind they are
they are "skinny wierdos"
they apear to be a pair
they just need a home familiar with leopards

all I want is what I put in vet bills and shipping
$60 shipped

paypal at carolinareptileexchange@hotmail.com
western union/postal m.o. only please
no cashiers or bank checks

stor hours mon 4-7,tue-sat 2-7,sun 2-6
803 548-8BOA

thanks and God Bless

http://www.carolinareptileexchange.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND THE IMAGES (copied to my webserver to prevent loss if the ad is deleted):
(EDIT: Removed images from my server and uploaded to fauna for more long term storage)
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2005, 11:37 PM   #4
Golden Gate Geckos
omg

I am absolutely heartsick.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:42 PM   #5
nydrgnldy
I know I saw them too...Its just soo sad ...he souldn't have taken them in if he had no intention of following through with their care.Its not faor to them.He says he just wants what he paid in vet bills I would bet he never took them to the vet.
Robin

Old 05-31-2005, 11:48 PM   #6
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nydrgnldy
I know I saw them too...Its just soo sad ...he souldn't have taken them in if he had no intention of following through with their care.Its not faor to them.He says he just wants what he paid in vet bills I would bet he never took them to the vet.
Robin
I agree. Wouldn't you think that the vet would have suggested he NOT ship them until they like tripled their weight? Although, I suppose he may not have mentioned that he was planning to sell them. I hope it's not too late for the little buggers... IF he did take them to a vet, I could see the vet suggesting euthanasia since they're in such horrible condition, but then again I don't know if it's possible for them to recover when they're in such sad shape. What's kind of surprising is that they have their heads up and look a lot more alert than I would expect such emaciated geckos to be.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:54 PM   #7
PaulSage
They have this one posted too. It's not quite as thin as the other two, but could definitely use a few meals from my grandma's house...
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2005, 12:04 AM   #8
Milwaukee Reptiles
Hey now... they claim that one to be with this poor guy. Hard to beleive that either of these are "beautiful", "full grown" or "incredable" (they spelled it wrong... not me!). But at the end suddenly these full growns are "nice young tame adult males". Hmm...

-----------------------------------------------------------
these 2 are awesome !
beautiful full grown male "blizzard"
or full grown incredable albino male

Your choice $150 ea shipped overnight to your door

pics avail via email
sorry no females ,we realy dont deal in leopard geckos
and its rare we have any ,let alone 2 as great as these

paypal at carolinareptileexchange@hotmail.com
or western union /postal money orders only
no cashiers or bank checks

these are nice young tame adult males
----------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2005, 12:05 AM   #9
Gekkonida
There is NO WAY a vet would let them walk out of their office without removing the shed on the feet. Unfortunately, I am sure a few toes would come off as well. It makes me sick to my stomach. That is neglect. Those poor animals have recieved no care at all.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #10
ghopper
well i live in south carolina, and i am going to try to contact these ppl and see if they will give me these geckos so i can try to bring them back to health. i feel bad for these poor little guys. even if they dont make it atleast i tried more than these knuckle heads..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!