Quality and participation - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 08-28-2005, 07:19 AM   #1
Lucille
Quality and participation

There are various online vendors both here on Fauna and in general, and it seems to me they fall into several broad categories:

1) There are some that are in the middle of every controversy and tempest as participants wherever they are

2) Some are onlookers when it comes to controversy, perhaps establishing their opinion on important subjects, but generally not entering the fray

3) There are those that provide information and assistance when approached, preferring a reputation for quiet good deeds

I think that each of these categories may provide a service for the greater good. The BOI is a valuable service, and fueled by those willing to take a stand against those who practice fraud and deception.

There is something to be said about quiet good deeds, however; and those who participate only occasionally, or who lend assistance on a personal basis are, to me, quality citizens also.

Good reputations and integrity should be the deciding factor in whatever vendor you choose, but I am curious as to which of the above categories you choose when you are looking to do business?

Old 08-28-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
ms_terese
While I attempt to evaluate the "whole package" when it comes to vendors (animals, prices, reputation, communication style, etc.), the online actions certainly count. The most unappealing online behaviors for me to overlook when it comes time to do business are excessive belittling of other posters and a noticeable imbalance between posts which offer something vs. those that just wish to see their name pop up.

Of course, all that is secondary to making certain the vendor is a reputable business person. The BOI has a huge impact on whom I will and will not do business with, either as a buyer or seller.

What it comes down to is a preference on my part for conducting business with people who practice respect and integrity. I am uncertain if many of the posters here realize that whatever words they add to forums, either here on FC or others, are used by every reader to form an opinion of the author. I think if they were aware of that, they might show a bit more restraint at times.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:20 PM   #3
Sasheena
Most of the time, when I post on this site, I write my piece, and then i say to myself: "Does this add anything to the topic?"... most of the time I think it does and I hit that "submit" button. Sometimes I might be hot under the collar and typing fast and furious ... emphasis on furious, and I look at what I have written and see more emotion than content. I try to catch these and delete them before i post them.

There are individuals I will probably do business with who rarely, if ever, post on here, but I've seen their quiet good works. Others whose words on this site have influenced me to seek them out first if I want something they work with. I, too, evaluate whether or not I want to do business with someone based on their attitude on this site.

Of course my opinion on this probably doesn't have anyone quaking in their boots... I rarely purchase any animals and in fact plan on downsizing my collection tremendously in the upcoming months.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!