disgusting - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
breakdown
disgusting

i was feeding my snakes tonight ( i feed my ball python fresh killed) and whacked the mouse off the counter a little to hard and it popped. lucky i put it in a plastic bag before i did it. my python hit it harder than ive ever seen her hit before must have been the smell of the blood or something. has this happened to anyone else and is there any reason i shouldnt feed her an exploded mouse ( not that i'm planning on doing that again) i dont see why i shouldnt but you never know. by the way my kitchen stinks now.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:28 AM   #2
THEREALMIKEMOORE
Yes disgusting.... that you are. All you have to do is take a pencil or pen and pop then in the back on the neck and they will be paralized for a good 5 mintutes. If you pop them good enough they will die.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
Cat_72
As long as she eats it, I don't see any reason not to feed it to her.

The fact that your kitchen stinks because of it is a bit odd though, not to mention overly-descriptive.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:54 AM   #4
iasc300
Ive had the miss hit on the swing as well- but the little guy didnt explode- Ive had no poblems with feeding them bloody rodents- just makes a mess you have to clean up-

Old 03-30-2007, 04:25 AM   #5
boybronco
How hard are you swining the bag to have the mouse explode? 8O

Old 03-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
breakdown
i swung it pretty hard i just wanted to make sure it was a quick painless death for the mouse i actually hate killing the mice but fresh killed is what shes always eaten i tried switching to f/t but she wouldnt eat them for a month so i switched backto fresh and im scared she'd get hurt if i feed live so.... she eats right away with fresh killed so i m just gonna stick to that. oh and mike keep your stupid comments to yourself i dont need any advice from some little jerk off like you, hopefully someone pops you in the back of the neck with something alot bigger than a pencil.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #7
breakdown
by the way i apologize to everyone else on this thread for the outburst but arrogant people like him piss me off.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:08 PM   #8
darkbloodwyvern
painless death

do you ever get credit card offers? save the cards and use them to kill the mice. You just hold it by the tail against a table, push down with the credit card and pull up on its tail. MUCH less painful way to die. also quicker and less bloody, which may be a bad thing if your snake likes it that much. Just be sure to hold the tail fairly close to the animal's rump, not bu the tip, they will break their tails and squeal in a very disturbing manner

I would MUCH rather have my neck snapped than be smacked into a wall hard enough to kill me... just for those of you planning to off me, heh...

just a bit more humane, and the clean up is much easier since they do not pee and poop or bleed all over for the most part.

good luck!

Old 03-31-2007, 12:44 PM   #9
THEREALMIKEMOORE
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakdown
i swung it pretty hard i just wanted to make sure it was a quick painless death for the mouse i actually hate killing the mice but fresh killed is what shes always eaten i tried switching to f/t but she wouldnt eat them for a month so i switched backto fresh and im scared she'd get hurt if i feed live so.... she eats right away with fresh killed so i m just gonna stick to that. oh and mike keep your stupid comments to yourself i dont need any advice from some little jerk off like you, hopefully someone pops you in the back of the neck with something alot bigger than a pencil.

Lol Ok..wasnt trying to come of like a jerk but ok.lol..all is well

Old 04-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
westcoastjungle
That's why I have a CO2 tank. Clean and effiecient.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!