Adobe Photoshop pic tester website!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:35 AM   #21
Johnenewt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Well according to you.... even if you crop the image using a free program like Instacropper.... that photo is still tainted. Maybe you shouldn't buy from you either.

Just sayin.....
I meant the programs that are capable of altering color, genius.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:47 AM   #22
Johnenewt1
It’s funny how all the breeders who use Photoshop come forward and complain. Nowhere did I say that anyone who uses Photoshop is a bad person. It's exactly what Kevin L. said: "It's all about the integrity of the person doing the photoshopping.” You have honest breeders who use Photoshop for moral reasons, and you have dishonest breeders who use it for immoral reasons. Again, since noone can tell what else you’re doing besides the good stuff, when the bad stuff is right at your fingertips, I choose to stay away. I’d prefer not to take the gamble. The rest of the public can decide for themselves what they want to do.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #23
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnenewt1 View Post
I meant the programs that are capable of altering color, genius.
Im just using your words... now who's the genius?

Old 10-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #24
Southern Wolf
Quote:
It’s funny how all the breeders who use Photoshop come forward and complain.
Your right.... because your attacking us and implying that because we use it.... we are bad guys because we could change colors and such on the photos.

Newsflash.... I would by from Clay any day of the week... and I have bought ALOT from Rich. You want to try and find the bad guys.... here's a tool that will help you more than that looking at EXIF data on photos.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

Its called the BOI and you dont have to go far to use it.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #25
Clay Davenport
Quote:
That's correct, I wouldn't. Once again you can use other programs like Instacropper to crop your images without causing customers to worry if the color has been modified, because the program does not have the ability to do so. I'm just informing the public of the use of the pic testing website. Whatever conclusions you come to is up to you. I'm sticking with the non-modification program breeders... I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Well you only address one of my uses for photoshop, cropping. Does that program allow you to add watermarks, or text labels to include the weight or ID number?
Perhaps you have a couple of other free programs that do those things and nothing else.....

When you take pics that are the size that the current cameras take by default, you have to crop as well as resize. Then if you wantr to add a watermark, which is a very good idea, you need that functionality as well.
Do you have a free program on hand that does those three things but does not have the ability to alter color or any other aspect of the photo?

I think you would be better off refusing to buy anything that wasn't purchased in person. Very few people will be using a program that is capable of doing what they need done but isn't capable of enhancing the photograph.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #26
Southern Wolf
Clay... the next question is... why run your photo thru 3 different programs... when you can do it all at one time.

I guess I'll just make his do not buy from list because I take pride in my photos. I can live with that.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #27
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Clay... the next question is... why run your photo thru 3 different programs... when you can do it all at one time.

I guess I'll just make his do not buy from list because I take pride in my photos. I can live with that.
I agree. The infinitesimal number of buyers that would avoid me for the use of photoshop is definitely not worth giving up the use of the program for.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #28
WebSlave
Just for grins, I tried the program using one of the images I have on my hard drive...

So what do the results say about that image?
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #29
Southern Wolf
That little bit... nothing. Where is the rest? Surely that is not all of it... I tried it out on mine as well.. .and I had a boat load of info.

PLUS... that is the same site I used to bust Christine with her fake belly shots from 2004

Old 10-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #30
WebSlave
The photo I tested was one I had resized using Paint Shop Pro 7. And yes, that was ALL that I got from the site when it analyzed it.

Here's the photo itself...
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!