IL CONSTRICTOR LAWS - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #51
constrictorcrazi74
i was told by some one else about the chicago herpetological meeting but wasnt to sure were to go . But is it in wheaton were they have the reptile swap at ? cuz ive been wanting to go just havent found very much info on it if you could fill me in it would help

thanks
joe

Old 07-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #52
eunectes4
Joe,

The Chicago Herpetological Society meeting is at the Peggy Notebaert Museum downtown Chicago (2430 N. Cannon Drive). It's right off of Lake Shore Drive and is right across the street from the Lincoln Park Zoo. Jim Harrison from the Kentucky Reptile Zoo will be speaking and covering the evolution of venom extraction.

It is not held at the Wheaton show. That is TARAH (The Alliance of Reptile and Amphibian Hobbyists).

If you are interested in big snakes and laws, you really want to get yourself known as a responsible person by some of the people in the CHS.

I hope to see you there.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #53
constrictorcrazi74
ok sorry a couple more questions. What day,and what time ?

Old 07-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #54
constrictorcrazi74
scratch that I went to the web site thanks for pointing me in the right direction ill see you there for sure

thanks
joe

Old 02-12-2008, 02:07 AM   #55
Classic Dum's
I didnt have time to read the whole thread but here the IL law
Quote:
or any poisonous or life‑threatening reptile.
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...Animals+Act%2E

If the link doesnt work google IL dangerous animal act, what the definition of life threatening is has not been clearly defined, if you were to get popped with a big snake it would be up to that Judge to decided, the 6/8ft rumor pertains to pet stores only, its a dept of ag stipulation that pertains to retail open to the public regulated pet stores

now the supreme court ruling people talk about states that a 15ft snake is life threatening, the guy had 15ft snakes they determined his were illegal, they did not say anything up to 15ft was safe, they said 15ft and larger are illegal, make sure you understand the differance all the judges in his case could rule on were the animals in front of them, so one judge may find a 12fter to be illegal while another may not, what size is illegal has never been clearly defined

I am by no means a lawyer above is my understanding only your best bet is to consult a lawyer because il is simply communist, Jason in peoria was found guilty of possesion of a threatened species for having an alligator, gators have never been native to IL nor are they protected anywhere in the country anymore but somehow IL regulates species that dont occur here, like I said your best bet is to consult a lawyer

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!