Mark Miller of Loco-Lizards Liar and a Thief - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:09 AM   #11
boaholic
i live not to far from mark miller I've chatted with him several times about buying from him but his attitude is a little poor when it comes to sales and customer service and thats why i have never gotten anything from him and wont sell anything i have that he wants ...... first impresions are everything to me its the little people/beginners that make a name for you i know I've been a no body novice hobbie breeder and know my names out there and the quality of animals i produce/sell and I'm on this site in the good guy boi and have tons of references and happy customers across the U.S.A ... a good,positive,and HONEST ATTITUDE are key to great customer service
thats my 2 cents worth lol
hope he makes it rite with you i wood hate for this to make us Kansas reptile breeders look bad because of one mans greed and dishonesty

Old 07-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #12
Jim O
How about using your real name to post here, "Joe Schmoe from Kokomoe [sic]"? Those are the rules of the BOI.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #13
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
How about using your real name to post here, "Joe Schmoe from Kokomoe [sic]"? Those are the rules of the BOI.

I agree Jim. If he wants to remain anonymous, then his post needs to be deleted.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #14
KingPin
the blood male in question was a large 4ft, 18 month old male blood in great health when i shipped it to john. Here are pictures of it just before shipping.

as you can see in the pics, he is of good size weight and in the second pic he had just swallowed a nice medium rat.

I sent john that male blood around the 18th of december. On the 9th of January i got an email from john about some of the pics i posted of his snakes he had sent me, one being a sunglow and the other a coral albino, he commented on how nice the pics were and asked me what type of camera i used and i responded with that info. During that time, he never mentioned any issues what so ever regarding the blood male. This leads me to believe that he was happy with the animal. He actually never contacted me to say there was any problems, I had called him to ask about the DOB on the Sunglow male several months later and at that time he mentioned when he first got it(the blood male) it ate once and then regurged its second meal, and he didnt feel it was a big deal and didnt contact me about it and went on to breed it he said. When he said that i told him, if you had a problem with the animal, you should have contacted me much sooner and that i would have no reponsibility for any issues not brought forth immediately upon having them. In other words i told him I would love to make him a happy customer and do what i could to keep him happy but the fact that he ignored my terms of sale about this kind of specific situations that i couldnt do much other than assist him to save the animals life since he stated after the breeding trial he could not get the animal to feed.

Now lets review this a little and kind of make a timeline of facts.
I sent him his animal on the 18th of December 2006.
I spoke to him via email on January 9th 2007 and at that time he didnt mention anything about any problems.
I then did not have any contact with him until march or april (i am looking up this info on my phone records and will get the exact date asap) which was when i called him for the DOB.
During the time john had the animal, he says it ate and regurged. He also states he went ahead and tried breeding the animal regardless of the stated regurge. Anyone that is willing to put an animal in a breeding program right after a regurge is not looking out for the well being of the animal at all and is taking full responsiblity for what ever becomes of the animal.

Now after speaking to john on the phone several times in april I told him if he wanted me to try and get the animal feeding I would certainly try my best since he had contacted me saying he had tried every method he could to get the animal back on feed after breeding with no luck. Me being the kind hearted individual I am and simply trying to keep a customer happy and look out for the well being of the animal, i told him he could ship the animal back to me in order for me to assist in getting the animal turned around as john was pretty sure it was hopeless at that point, he had tried several things like Tylan and Flagyl and had no luck. I also believe john had fecal exams done on the animal and the results came back negative, no parasites or anything abnormal.

The day i got the blood boa from John, it was in horrible shape and resembled a tree boa more than anything else it was extrememly thin and was very lethargic only moving around to hiss and strike. That day it ate 2 fuzzy hopper mice and then never ate another meal after that. when i tried to feed it it would just strike and then leave the food alone. After about 3 weeks of unuccessful attempts at getting him to eat, I tried forcing a small mouse in order to get something in its belly and it regurged that meal the next day and then two days later it passed away.

The only things i am guilty of here is trying to help out a customer with an animal he made poor choices with. John should have contacted me immediately when the first sign of any problems showed up and he did not. Then if the snake really regurged, he should have been more interested in makeing sure it was feeding again before placing it in a breeding program where it definately wont feed if something is wrong with it. Then waiting for 4 months before saying hey i have a problem is just way out of control, I ask you breeders out there, would you offer a refund to someone that bought a snake and was perfectly happy to your knowledge until 4 months later after trying to breed the snake and then wants a refund?

Mark Miller

Old 07-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #15
KingPin
Chris Brandenburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaholic
i live not to far from mark miller I've chatted with him several times about buying from him but his attitude is a little poor when it comes to sales and customer service and thats why i have never gotten anything from him and wont sell anything i have that he wants ...... first impresions are everything to me its the little people/beginners that make a name for you i know I've been a no body novice hobbie breeder and know my names out there and the quality of animals i produce/sell and I'm on this site in the good guy boi and have tons of references and happy customers across the U.S.A ... a good,positive,and HONEST ATTITUDE are key to great customer service
thats my 2 cents worth lol
hope he makes it rite with you i wood hate for this to make us Kansas reptile breeders look bad because of one mans greed and dishonesty
WEll lets see here Chris, arent you the same guy that was sending mass emails out to everyone stating you were a reptile rescue and adoption and the dept. of animal health came and gave you all kinds of problems because you were not a licensed reptile rescue and you were advertising animals for resale without a retail license?

you were sending mass emails and i asked to be removed from your advertising email list here is your response.
Quote:
ok will do sorry dude .....hey you still got that salmon for 400?

"Locolizards.com" <locolizard@cox.net> wrote:
Please take me off the email list for these kind of solicitations.

Thanks,
Mark
---- chris brandenburgh <C_BRANDENBURGH@YAHOO.COM>wrote:

=============
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN GREEN TREE PYTHONS (CRONDRO'S) WE WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET SOME... FROM ADULTS TO BABIES (IMPORTS) VARIOUS LOCALITIES BIAKS SORONG JAYMPAYA AND MONOKIES AND A FEW OTHER LOCALS CONTACT FOR INFO, AVAVILABITY AND PRICING WE WONT KNOW ANYTHING DIFFENITE UNTILL WEDSAY
Quote:
ok kool ill be in touch after the haitian tree boas all sell witch is soon (next week)

"Locolizards.com" <locolizard@cox.net> wrote:
I do still have a male salmon for 400 yes.

Thanks,
Mark
---- chris brandenburgh <C_BRANDENBURGH@YAHOO.COM>wrote:

=============
ok will do sorry dude .....hey you still got that salmon for 400?

"Locolizards.com" <LOCOLIZARD@COX.NET>wrote: Please take me off the email list for these kind of solicitations.

Thanks,
Mark
And arent you the guy that somone posted pic of your place online on the bob clark forum or something and you had boas laying in piles with 7-8 even maybe more boas all piled up in one big breeder cage full of sheds and uncleaned feces and mites? And what did the deptartment of animal health say to you when they visited you Chris?

Old 07-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #16
liquidleaf
Mark, did you offer John another animal (if he sent some more of his in partial trade), as he said above?

Old 07-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #17
johnmartino
Mark, First off all. Lets stop lying and speak some facts. You NEVER said it was too late as far as your TOS was concerned and that I was out of luck.The FIRST meal was regurged, the SECOND meal was KEPT DOWN. Then he was introduced to my breeding program. From the VERY FIRST call where you were made aware of his condition you promised to make it right! Also, why on God's green earth would I send an animal back to the seller? For you to help me? Come on!! You PROMISED to make it right in the form of compensation! I would never send an animal back for you to just get it healthy for me. He was in such horrible shape that he was able strike at you and feed on two meals that night. Yes, he was thin, you knew he was thin, he hadnt eaten in months! You told me he died at the end of June, only after I had to pry it out of you. I actually found out from a third party. At that point you were ignoring my calls already and didnt even have the decency to tell me the snake I invested $6,500.00 was dead! That means he lived in your care for another two months! Mark, what happened to the Bloody Salmon female you were sending here along with a couple of sunglows(or other similiar valued animals) as compensation, or the female Salmon Jungle, or the Hypo Arabesques poss het Albinos? I am not making this up. All were supposed to be sent as possible forms of various compensation. Are you denying those were ever offered? Most were offered up to and on the call where I was told he was dead. Just before he died it was already extremely difficult to reach you, but after his death happened you ceased all contact whatsoever. I never wanted/asked for a refund. I would never even be here if you hadn't offered compenasation. YOU OFFERED compensation and that is why YOU TOOK THE ANIMAL BACK!!!!! Know why don't you be a man of your word and "make it right" as you have promised COUNTLESS times before. John Martino

John Martino

Old 07-23-2007, 05:42 PM   #18
romad119
What exactly is in writing? TOS or otherwise?

Old 07-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #19
KingPin
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidleaf
Mark, did you offer John another animal (if he sent some more of his in partial trade), as he said above?

When john and i were talkiong about our upcoming breeding season i mentioned i still had a bloody salmon female that would be ready to breed this fall, John showed great interest in getting this animal, I told him if he wanted to work out a trade for some of his sunglows I might be willing to make him a good deal on the female blood if we could agree on a decent price on the sunglows and i would give him a discount on the female bloody salmon so he didnt have to eat such a huge loss on the blood male. Not because i felt It was my fault the animal was not doing well, but simply to offer good service to a previously good customer.

Mark Miller

Old 07-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #20
KingPin
Terms of Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
What exactly is in writing? TOS or otherwise?
This is a link to the page on my site containing the TOS.
http://locolizards.com/contact.htm

and this is what they state
Quote:
All Deposits are Non-Refundable.

It is the buyers responsibility to be available for signature confirmation upon arrival of all animals. If there is no one available for signature then the live arrival guarantee is void. All animals have a live arrival guarantee, unless other wise noted. If there are any issues with your animal upon arrival, you must notify me within 24 hours of arrival. All animals will come with a 2 week healthy feeding guarantee. If you receive an animal and have feeding or health issues, you must notify me within 2 weeks of arrival in order to qualify for this guarantee. In the case you have issues with your animal, and you have met the terms of the feeding healthy guarantee, then you will be given a credit towards a replacement animal of your choice.
Mark Miller

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!