Political Ads on Fauna - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
MikeCurtin
Political Ads on Fauna

Not sure if this should go here or in the feedback forum, so if it needs to be moved, go ahead.

I come to herp forums to enjoy this hobby I love, as well as for healthy, spirited debate. This may be petty, but I find it disheartening to see a political ad for one of the worst, most corrupt governors in the history of NJ every time I log on.

See ya'll after election day!

Old 11-03-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
hhmoore
I don't know if the ad you are referring to is a Google ad - but I believe those are regionally based, and not selected by the site. (I actually don't even know that Rich is still allowing them, after some previous problems...but I'm guessing yes, since I see this under one of the ads
Quote:
Feedback - Ads by Google
. I'm pretty sure I disallowed them on my home computer, so I'll have to see if I can see that link when I get home.)

Old 11-03-2009, 03:15 AM   #3
Clay Davenport
If it is a Google ad, then take advantage of it!

Every time you see the ad click it. It will cost the Governor's campaign a little with every click and will put a piece of that in Fauna's account. A win win situation

Old 11-03-2009, 04:22 AM   #4
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post

Every time you see the ad click it. It will cost the Governor's campaign a little with every click and will put a piece of that in Fauna's account. A win win situation
Why am I picturing Mike clicking and closing and clicking and closing since Clay's post was read?

Old 11-03-2009, 04:52 AM   #5
Clay Davenport
Cha-Ching!!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quite honestly the return on the space Google ads use here has been pretty piss poor lately. I think the breadth and interest quotient of the ads they are feeding this site are just not garnering much interest from the viewers. The viewer count is WAY up, but the clicks on those ads from Google are WAY down.

I guess the advertising budgets for a lot of businesses has been cut back, so it's pretty slim pickings here for ads that are relevant to the content of posts. If things don't pick up, I may decide to just chuck them and save all the bandwidth those ads use for each browser displaying a page.

Of course, even the banner ads here have taken a dip, so I guess advertising in general is taking a back seat for a lot of people to just keeping their head above water.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I don't know if the ad you are referring to is a Google ad - but I believe those are regionally based, and not selected by the site. (I actually don't even know that Rich is still allowing them, after some previous problems...but I'm guessing yes, since I see this under one of the ads . I'm pretty sure I disallowed them on my home computer, so I'll have to see if I can see that link when I get home.)
Yup...that's the one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post

Good to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Why am I picturing Mike clicking and closing and clicking and closing since Clay's post was read?
Nah....I've been so inundated with the Corzine political ad machine over the past couple weeks, I've just stayed away from everything the past 2 days.

In any case, I'm feeling better now. After over $20 Million in negative ads, Corzine still lost. Maybe some of my taxes, tolls, and other fees will go back down now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!