Bad Guy Edward Haste will not refund money for my DOA Bearded Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #21
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by frilled_queen View Post
I sent the remaining amount of the money owed on this female on the 26th of February. Ed told me that it would be ok to ship out on Monday. I have a FedEx so I sent him the shipping label for the girl. Long story short. FedEx delivered the girl a day late because of the storm.
Im confused here.... who said it was delayed because of a storm. I live an hour away from Memphis... and we havent hand any storms in the last couple of weeks. Someone is feeding you a line of BS

Old 03-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #22
edhastereptiles
renae,that was a one of kind animal, i cant replace her,and i dont have the cash.why didnt i hear from you on the day is was to be delieverd instead of the second?i assumed it was fine and then the second day you said it was there and dead.look at my emails i never guaranteed it!look at most breeders terms they dont either when temps are not between 40 and 89.you booked and paid the shipping why didnt you get it insured?the weather wasnt that bad on both ends,i think fedex just screwed up and blamed it on the weather!maybe you should have went UPS?

Old 03-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #23
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by edhastereptiles View Post
renae,that was a one of kind animal, i cant replace her,and i dont have the cash.why didnt i hear from you on the day is was to be delieverd instead of the second?i assumed it was fine and then the second day you said it was there and dead.look at my emails i never guaranteed it!look at most breeders terms they dont either when temps are not between 40 and 89.you booked and paid the shipping why didnt you get it insured?the weather wasnt that bad on both ends,i think fedex just screwed up and blamed it on the weather!maybe you should have went UPS?
Can you say "cop out"?

Old 03-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #24
WiseReptiles
Quote:
Even if she did book and pay the shipping and you did not think the weather was sufficient enough to ship in you should have contacted her and told her that shipping would be delayed until the weather was nicer. On that note, Why would you use a heat pack that is good for one day and not a 2 day or longer heat pack if you did not think that the weather was sufficient to ship in?

Jeff Wise

Old 03-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #25
scaledverts
Quote:
i never guaranteed it!look at most breeders terms they dont either when temps are not between 40 and 89.you booked and paid the shipping why didnt you get it insured?the weather wasnt that bad on both ends,i think fedex just screwed up and blamed it on the weather!maybe you should have went UPS?
Ok, Ed - You not having the money has NOTHING to do with the situation.

While it is true that most breeders will NOT ship if temps are low BUT YOU DID, it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that the animal is safe to ship NOT the buyer. I don't care who paid for the shipping it is your responsibility to ensure it is safe. That you are trying to blame the buyer is CRAP and you know it, so just stop right there with that line of reasoning. Oh also, great customer service there "you just screwed up and blamed it on the weather," NICE.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #26
edhastereptiles
i dont have a site stateing terms and i never guaranteed live delievery.maybe renae should have gotten that before the deal was done?

Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #27
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleria View Post
Actually I think I've seen more situations lately, than ever, where paypal won't even bother to take any complaints into account as long as a tracking number proving arrival of the package is provided. Seems like as soon as they see that info they say it's not on them to try to get your money back any more.
That is absolutely true, if the seller can produce proof that the shipment arrived they are clear as far as paypal is concerned! Credit cards solve this problem as you can file a claim that the product was not what as advertised.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #28
scaledverts
Quote:
i dont have a site stateing terms and i never guaranteed live delievery.maybe renae should have gotten that before the deal was done?
WOW, again. Good luck with that customer service. Also, get prepared for a bunch of negative attention with that attitude.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #29
Utta
Want to state a few things. The storm was in cali (near OPs location) it was a 2 day rain storm but the temps NEVER went below 40. The night temps were in the 50's days in 65-75. (This is off memory but you can check threw a number of websites for exact numbers) ed. Even if it was carrier error, the blame is on you because you put a 1 day heat pack in with her! Refund her money, resolve this situation, and practice better shipping methods. My .02

Old 03-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #30
WiseReptiles
Quote:
OK, maybe she should have got the guaranteed live delivery before being shipped. But with that being said how many people do you think will purchase anything from you knowing that you do not guarantee live delivery? You are digging yourself a hole with your comments and I myself would not purchase anything knowing live arrival is not guaranteed. Write this off as a loss and a lesson learned and refund the money to your customer. Refund everything but the shipping cost and make this right and maybe this thread will not haunt you later down the road because you did the right thing and refunded the money and made a customer satisfied by doing the right thing.

Jeff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!