Bad Guy Edward Haste will not refund money for my DOA Bearded Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #31
Utta
Ed, even if it was carrier error* (sorry for typo)

Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #32
edhastereptiles
how long?

ive been shipping for a long time and tom you know aswell as i do that if you bought something you would want a statement in writeing guaranteeing live arrival!i said i thought it would be ok to ship not that i guarantee it.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #33
citruslover
Quote:
Originally Posted by edhastereptiles View Post
renae,that was a one of kind animal, i cant replace her,and i dont have the cash.

Can't spend the dough until the transaction is complete, good rule of business to keep in mind just for these circumstances.

Jeff

Old 03-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #34
WiseReptiles
Quote:
ive been shipping for a long time and tom you know aswell as i do that if you bought something you would want a statement in writeing guaranteeing live arrival!i said i thought it would be ok to ship not that i guarantee it.
You told your customer that you thought it would be ok to ship. This proved out to not be the case in this instance hence the reason the bad guy thread was started. If you told her that you thought it would be safe to ship you are to blame and not her. You may want to go over your terms of service and revamp them because you should guarantee your shipping. If you would have used proper shipping materials there is a good chance this thread would not be here right now because it would have arrived alive and well.

Jeff Wise

Old 03-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #35
DAND
Quote:
i said i thought it would be ok to ship
Hello, McFly.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #36
kellysballs
Honestly I believe you are splitting hairs on the live arrival "guarantee". The only people I have dealt with that do not guarantee live arrival are some wholesalers. Even most of them guarantee live arrival. It is your responsibility to replace the dragon. She did not purchase a dead animal and that is what she was delivered.

I agree that this situation sucks for all involved but, you will lose this battle in the end with your lack of customer service. Bite the bullet and refund the price of the animal.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #37
chamgirl99471
Ed... Man Up and take responsibility!! In my opinion at least a Partial if not full refund is due in this case.... If you didn't Guarantee Live Arrival then it comes to suspect that you weren't even worried about the animal in question!! I Guarantee Live Arrival and if the shipping company makes a mistake... I know that the animals will be OK for at least 40 hours because I won't use a less then 40 hour heat pack while shipping in this weather! Before you start shipping animals take a lesson in packaging them properly to avoid situations like this!! Read Read Read... it's a good thing to do!!

Do the Right Thing Ed!!! Customer Service goes a Long Long Way in the Reptile Industry!!!

Old 03-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #38
scaledverts
Quote:
Sooooo, because she did not ask about any guarantee you don't have one. BUT had she asked about it you would have guaranteed it then? Either you guarantee live arrival or you do not. PERIOD.

You may have been shipping for a while, how long have you been in business with practices such as what is outlined here?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #39
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
Sooooo, because she did not ask about any guarantee you don't have one.
She did not ask for a dead dragon but got one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
You may have been shipping for a while, how long have you been in business with practices such as what is outlined here?
Actually, the questions is how long do you expect to continue to be in business with practices as such?

Old 03-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #40
Southern Wolf
Quote:
renae,that was a one of kind animal, i cant replace her,and i dont have the cash.why didnt i hear from you on the day is was to be delieverd instead of the second?i assumed it was fine and then the second day you said it was there and dead.look at my emails i never guaranteed it!look at most breeders terms they dont either when temps are not between 40 and 89.you booked and paid the shipping why didnt you get it insured?the weather wasnt that bad on both ends,i think fedex just screwed up and blamed it on the weather!maybe you should have went UPS?
Quote:
i dont have a site stateing terms and i never guaranteed live delievery.maybe renae should have gotten that before the deal was done?
Good job... with two posts you probably made most folks "do not do business with list"

First... you should never pull the cash for a couple of days... just for cases like this. You never know..... ahhhh but that doesnt matter to you because you dont guarantee live delivery. You just take the money and run.... just like the low rent scammers that we bust every week.

Second... You cant insure live animals... of couse you'd know this if you were FedEx certified. You have to sign a waiver or you dont ship (at least legally).

Third... Did you just have a brain fart and tell your customer they should have chosen another carrier. You really are a piece of work.

Fourth.... Guess what... I got that... and there wont be any deals done between us. You will learn that if you plan on sticking around... you better learn some customer service... cause right now... your following in the footsteps of two folks that you shouldnt be.

Let me guess... its never your fault.

In case you missed it the first time

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!