Scott J Michaels DVM serpentcity@comcast.net GOOD GUY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #1
Jodi L Aherns
Scott J Michaels DVM serpentcity@comcast.net GOOD GUY

I just bought 2.1 AZ Mtn kings from him all are great looking (much better than the pics).Good size,very calm,great shipping,very nice to talk with.All and all very good guy.Thank you Scott.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #2
MGReptiles
Jodi,
I am glad your dealings with him here professional and you got everything you paid for..From what I have seen this guy is a total fruitcake.. I guess if you want to buy some "under the counter" pills he is your man as well.. Here is a link to the thread
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...light=Michaels
-MG

Old 05-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
HerpLuver
I have dealt with Scott Micheals many times, and have never once had a problem with him, his animals or his business ethic. Now me and Scott had talked at length about him and Matt's "episode", but i can see where both gentlemen are coming from in that other thread. One just wants to make a money to pay the bills, the other wants to provide a killer price for the customer. Matt, one question i did have for you, and please do not take this as an attack on your honesty.. But i didnt see a single PM from you as to what you said to Micheal that sparked him to get so fired up. I had noticed he was fairly professional in his first PM to you, but then suddenly became quite enraged. Seems to me there may have been something in one of your PM's that might have made him think you where mocking him or something similiar. I'll always buy my Flex from you Matt thats a given, but im sure i'll make many future purchases from Scott also.

Back to the original topic,

I've spoken to Scott on the phone MANY times, more than i can count on my fingers and toes, and never ONCE has he raised his voice at me, spoken down to me or even acted "rough around the edges". Always professional, courteous, caring, compassionate and respectful.

The point is this, We ALL have our squabbles with people. Scott didnt come out in the open and say those things for all to see and make a fool of himself. He kept it in PM, personal, private and at first respectful.

Call me an addict, a druggie or whatever you want.. But i've taken Vicodin myself for the 6 molars in the back of my mouth that are just PEICES from when my wisdom teeth came in. With no current insurance (and you may use this as my excuse why i went that route, but we dont know Scott's situation either) it was the only way i was getting any releif for the excrutiating pain and throbbing.

Ok so Scott was a DVM and RPh, and let his one license lapse and had the other suspended. Some people, who live the life of a business person and have to be prim, proper, polite, etc... for years and years on end sometimes decide they dont want to be that person anymore.. They just want to be down to earth, regular, everday joe's.

So maybe he shouldnt advertise it.. I know i would so people would know that im not some uneducated herper who doesnt know a cloaca from a spur.

Im babbling something feirce, so i'll shut up.

Let me end by saying i would buy from both Scott and Matt any day, any time!

Old 05-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpLuver
I have dealt with Scott Micheals many times, and have never once had a problem with him, his animals or his business ethic. Now me and Scott had talked at length about him and Matt's "episode", but i can see where both gentlemen are coming from in that other thread. One just wants to make a money to pay the bills, the other wants to provide a killer price for the customer. Matt, one question i did have for you, and please do not take this as an attack on your honesty.. But i didnt see a single PM from you as to what you said to Micheal that sparked him to get so fired up. I had noticed he was fairly professional in his first PM to you, but then suddenly became quite enraged. Seems to me there may have been something in one of your PM's that might have made him think you where mocking him or something similiar. I'll always buy my Flex from you Matt thats a given, but im sure i'll make many future purchases from Scott also.
There wasent any other messages, the email came out of the blue my man.. He sent me a bunch of crazy emails..lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpLuver
Call me an addict, a druggie or whatever you want.. But i've taken Vicodin myself for the 6 molars in the back of my mouth that are just PEICES from when my wisdom teeth came in. With no current insurance (and you may use this as my excuse why i went that route, but we dont know Scott's situation either) it was the only way i was getting any releif for the excrutiating pain and throbbing.
Oh yeah man who hasent taken a pain killer for oral problems. I tell you what I had some teeth knocked out with a ball bat and ate the codine like tictacs..lol Either that or cry like a baby..lol

Old 05-03-2006, 06:33 PM   #5
HerpLuver
What i had meant to put there, but somehow forgot, was that my friend was the one who gave me the vicodin.

Cry like a baby sounds right! haha. If i had no painkillers, i either laid in bed all day and rolled around in pain or attempted to drink myself unconscious. The pain was just that bad. Out of the 8 (just recounted the messed up ones) molars that are messed up, i MIGHT have 4 complete teeth. 2 of my wisdom teeth have NO walls whatsoever, just roots. One of my wisdom teeth is a gaping hole straight to the nerve (GOD DORITOS SUCK).. Get a sharp chip shard in that hole and you'll see pain in a whole new light. 3 of my molars are 1/2 a tooth, 1 of them is only the front wall and the side wall.. No center, just the walls. 1 is just the front and 3 others have some really nasty cavities in the sides.. IT SUCKS!! So like i said, no telling what everyones situation is and WHY they used the drug.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:15 PM   #6
Reptilereviews
BUYER BEWARE!!!! Scott J. Michaels (Supposed DVM)

Today is October 21st, 2015. I contacted Scott in hopes to get a ball python of his.(It was a banana spider ball python) I paid him through paypal while we were on the phone together. He convinced me that he had been in the business for a long time and from the research I did I figured he was going to keep to his word. Well, I sent him the FULL payment for the snakes I purchased and he was suppose to send me 2 ball pythons and 20 ft of Flexwatt heat tape on Wed. October 14th. He called me Tuesday night to tell me he was worried about sending the snakes because they haven't eaten this week, although I was starting to get worried I continued to give him the benefit of the doubt and we agreed that they would be shipped out on Thursday night the 15th for me to receive them on Friday the 16th of October. Well, of course, he calls me again to tell me there has been another issue. Apparently this time his car had a tire blow out and he wasn't able to ship them. At this point I've taken 2 days off of work to be available to get the shipment and still haven't gotten what I paid for. After I told him I wasn't interested in continuing to waste my time he told me that he GUARENTEED the snakes would be at my doorstep Wed. October 21st(which is today). Of course, he text me on Tuesday night the 20th saying "Jer, minor situation, call me please" I received this text at 12:58AM on Tuesday which is super late. I called him back the next day and the voice recordings are on youtube. Here's a link to them... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCxM4cQuZJg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xtkw9Mntw ... Long story short I was still trying to be polite with him but when it was more excuses and empty promises I was no longer interested in doing business with him. He told me that the pastel ball python had regurgitated its meal and that he couldn't ship them again... He said the options I had were if I wanted a different snake he would sell it to me one of them for a discount MEANING I would have to give him more money and that was his only offer. Not a refund, not anything else. So I then told him I wanted a refund and he said he could do it but it would be after he made more sales because he already SPENT my money. He told me that he was accommodating my schedule by sending it the days I requested and that he didn't appreciate being considered a scammer. I told him to ACCOMODATE me you have to actually follow through and do your end of the deal or else you aren't even accommodating me at all. He began to get more loud and ended the phone call by telling me to "go to hell". I text him after this verbal exchange and said "I recorded our conversations. I will be contacting Paypal and Kingsnake as well as making a review on youtube." He responded with "Do that no refund" So, after all of this I've had to wait 2 weeks on a purchase, Paypal and my bank are trying to resolve this issue with me but who knows if they will be able to, I had to get a new bank card to keep him from trying to withdraw any more funds and I'm left with nothing but aggravation and an empty bank account. I SERIOUSLY recommend that no one else sends this guy money. From my experience he was very rude and was the most regretful purchase of the year. On a good note, I also purchased 3 other ball pythons from Andrew Morales and all 3 showed up ON TIME, HEALTHY and NO HASSLE. The best part about that is the purchase I did with Andrew was 1/3 of the amount I gave Scott Michaels but, he still treated my purchase with respect and honored his end completely. I never even spoke on the phone with Andrew, I only had 3 emails with him. One for the payment, one to say it was shipped and one afterwords to make sure I was satisfied. I will make a positive out of this though, I will be starting a youtube channel by the name of Reptilereviews and I will be doing unboxing of different products and animals that are very detailed from the beginning of the purchase to the end to show you all how each and every business I encounter handles my purchase. I hope this channel will help future buyers from becoming a victim like I have. Thank you for your time reading this and hopefully it helps! Again, DON'T BUY FROM SCOTT J. MICHAELS!!! Look up the conversation between him and MGreptiles! Never trust verbal contracts!!

Old 10-21-2015, 06:16 PM   #7
Black Adder
Jeremy
Do you have documentation you can add to the mix here to help substantiate your claims?
Emails, Text etc
It will all help people understand the situation better and help your case as well

Old 10-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #8
Chris Kennard
Lot's of accusations. Not one person has posted an ounce of evidence to support their claim. Noy taking sides. Just sayin'.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:46 PM   #9
Reptilereviews
Here's some videos to back up these accusations, I'm not trying to make friends or enemies here just giving out honest information to keep people from dealing with what I had to deal with... If this isn't enough information to prove my case and you decide to do business with Scott J. Michaels then that is your own choice. I won't benefit or lose any more than I already have either way. Here are the videos, Make your own judgement - First video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCxM4cQuZJg - second video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xtkw9Mntw - And the pictures... http://s397.photobucket.com/user/eag...lence/library/ - Now.. All you have to do is click those links Again, I benefit in no way by discrediting anyone.. This was my first snake purchase and I got scammed. My only goal is to keep others from having this happen to them. No one should have to deal with this type of business ethic in ANY purchase they make, Especially one that cost $366.00.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:04 AM   #10
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilereviews View Post
Here's some videos to back up these accusations, I'm not trying to make friends or enemies here just giving out honest information to keep people from dealing with what I had to deal with... If this isn't enough information to prove my case and you decide to do business with Scott J. Michaels then that is your own choice. I won't benefit or lose any more than I already have either way. Here are the videos, Make your own judgement - First video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCxM4cQuZJg - second video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xtkw9Mntw - And the pictures... http://s397.photobucket.com/user/eag...lence/library/ - Now.. All you have to do is click those links Again, I benefit in no way by discrediting anyone.. This was my first snake purchase and I got scammed. My only goal is to keep others from having this happen to them. No one should have to deal with this type of business ethic in ANY purchase they make, Especially one that cost $366.00.
In my opinion those voice recordings were enough. Not sure why they asked for more documentation and proof when it's right there in his voice. He got mad because you wanted your money back because he wasn't shipping when he said he would. Glad I don't deal in ball pythons really, both posts I've read now I would stay far away from this guy even if I was into balls like that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!