Info TexHiss Jimmy Horton - Poor Animal Condition, Bad Shipping Practices - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #21
Kuamata
PS(since I see no edit button): That was via a phone call prior to payment that he said that about the fuzzies.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #22
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuamata View Post
PS(since I see no edit button): That was via a phone call prior to payment that he said that about the fuzzies.
Important point for you to note here in the BOI
Once a post is submitted thats it theres no turning back, no deleting, no editing, nothing you can do...lol
So always double check what you are about to post just in case you feel you may regret it later.......

Old 10-01-2015, 10:13 PM   #23
Kuamata
Yeah, I wish I had phone recording software, but I do not. I'd initially called him, after checking the BOI for his reviews, to inquire if he still had the one I was interested in. We talked about the boa and the transaction, and then some other things like his anaconda he's having to rehome because he can't handle her size any longer as he gets up there in age, and how he doesn't powerfeed so his anaconda is all muscle and not flab like fluffy the retic was.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:15 PM   #24
pythonbreeder
Come on guys if you know me you know I'd never let a animal go with health issues. I don't need the money that bad! Some people will never be happy! When I got a text, not a phone call, say I'm not happy and then 3 or 4 long texts, I called. She would not answer, then later, texted me another 3 or 4 lonnnnnnng texts. I texted back as you all see and I offered her money back. What else could I do? Again this type of person will never ever be happy. We have all dealt with them. It's part of business and I really hate that. The animal has only had 5 meals. They only grow so much. As for my shipping, if you have ever received an animal from Rich Ihle at Salmonboa.com he ships in a new tube sock so if its good enough for Rich its good enough for me. I have been doing it for 15 years. I don't use Styrofoam or heat when its in the mid 90s. I have shipped hundreds of animals with no problems. I hope everyone has better things to do than make this a 20 page "he said she said." I know I do. To all my friends that understand and see I did no wrong thanks for the support! If I ever sell you a animal that your not happy with, pick up the phone or at least answer the phone. I want you to be happy. I'd stay away from this person as I don't see them lasting in this industry and that may be a good thing. Sorry for wasting every ones time. buyer should have just called me, im done! don't humor her by blowing this up...
Jimmy Horton www.Texhiss.com

Old 10-01-2015, 10:18 PM   #25
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonbreeder View Post
Come on guys if you know me you know I'd never let a animal go with health issues. I don't need the money that bad! Some people will never be happy! When I got a text, not a phone call, say I'm not happy and then 3 or 4 long texts, I called. She would not answer, then later, texted me another 3 or 4 lonnnnnnng texts. I texted back as you all see and I offered her money back. What else could I do? Again this type of person will never ever be happy. We have all dealt with them. It's part of business and I really hate that. The animal has only had 5 meals. They only grow so much. As for my shipping, if you have ever received an animal from Rich Ihle at Salmonboa.com he ships in a new tube sock so if its good enough for Rich its good enough for me. I have been doing it for 15 years. I don't use Styrofoam or heat when its in the mid 90s. I have shipped hundreds of animals with no problems. I hope everyone has better things to do than make this a 20 page "he said she said." I know I do. To all my friends that understand and see I did no wrong thanks for the support! If I ever sell you a animal that your not happy with, pick up the phone or at least answer the phone. I want you to be happy. I'd stay away from this person as I don't see them lasting in this industry and that may be a good thing. Sorry for wasting every ones time. buyer should have just called me, im done! don't humor her by blowing this up...
A severely dehydrated snake with loose skin and poor muscle tone is an animal with health issues. The pictures don't lie.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:31 PM   #26
Kuamata
I'm sorry, but some people aren't so well adapted to talking on the phone. I'm socially awkward and have an anxiety disorder. Talking is not my strong point, but typing is. You did not notice I was mostly quiet the whole time you talked aside from an occasional,"Uh huh..."? I would think you'd be interested in best accommodating your customers or no?

I would have been happy with an apology and an acknowledgement that what you sent me is not acceptable. I don't care about the money, I care about an animals' well being. It's NOT mid-90's here, how you shipped him is absolutely not acceptable. It's 50F and was for the majority of his trip, I'd say he spent at least 12 hours in 50F temperatures... hence why he was so cold when he got to me. I'm sure he got tumbled around and tossed because, as far as they knew, he was just an inanimate object, since you didn't properly mark the box...

Did you provide a snake? Yes. Did you offer a refund? Yes. Did I reject the refund? Yes. Do I have a right to share this experience so that others may consider this before buying? YES. The transaction itself was FINE, but everything else? Not so much...

I really don't get the reasoning of,"Well, so and so does it so it must be right!" I truly do not understand that reasoning...

Old 10-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #27
ShadowAceD
The sock is a moot point. I ship in socks, plenty of people ship in socks. If they are clean and unused they are great for insulation.

However, Jimmy, this animal is not healthy, so please do not say it is. I have gotten animals from you in the past and the packaging was much better (priority overnight and insulation to the Florida pan handle) and the animals were not so badly deflated.

A newborn baby boa does not look like that when it is being properly fed and maintained.

Yes, you offered a refund, but the OP is entitled to share their experience. I would be hesitant to ship the animal back in that condition myself.

I hope you can just take the criticism and reevaluate what is going on with your animals to make sure this does not happen again. This is not simple oversight, you cannot keep and breed these animals and not notice that the body condition of this snake is not ideal.

OP, take it slow with the boa, do not feed it very frequently or large meals until it starts showing better condition overall.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:10 PM   #28
Kuamata
Will do. I haven't attempted to feed yet, my first concern is him settling in and getting the 'sticky skin' situation fixed with some hydration. I've heard that, if dehydrated, feeding them is not very wise. I very experienced keeper once said that it can cause seizures if you feed a dehydrated snake, so I'm going to hold off on feeding for a few days at the very least. I'd say medium/large pinkies would be best for now.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #29
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuamata View Post
Will do. I haven't attempted to feed yet, my first concern is him settling in and getting the 'sticky skin' situation fixed with some hydration. I've heard that, if dehydrated, feeding them is not very wise. I very experienced keeper once said that it can cause seizures if you feed a dehydrated snake, so I'm going to hold off on feeding for a few days at the very least. I'd say medium/large pinkies would be best for now.
A good soak will help hydrate as well. I don't know how he can try to say that baby is healthy. That poor thing.. I received a baby male last year in july in far better condition than that one and he was YOUNGER than the one you received. He was born may 20th 2014, received him towards the end of July of 2014 and he was no where near that condition he was healthy, hydrated, and packaged properly. That snake was deprived of water for a while and obviously not well fed. I will never buy from this man nor would I sell to him either, thank you for the heads up.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:16 AM   #30
AaronSerio
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonbreeder View Post
I would never think someone who is upset has to answer the phone. If they are unhappy I think it's a good idea to keep everything in writing at that point. This is a good idea for both buyer and sellers to do.

You need to check temperatures for where the snake is going. Not just where you are. The rest of the Country isn't 90 degrees.

5 meals?! This is a May baby. That's a meal once per month! That's far from "I don't powerfeed". That is "I barely keep them alive".

That animal should easily have 15 - 20 meals in them at 5 months of age.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa, breeder, texas