Info TexHiss Jimmy Horton - Poor Animal Condition, Bad Shipping Practices - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #31
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonbreeder View Post
Come on guys if you know me you know I'd never let a animal go with health issues. I don't need the money that bad! Some people will never be happy! When I got a text, not a phone call, say I'm not happy and then 3 or 4 long texts, I called. She would not answer, then later, texted me another 3 or 4 lonnnnnnng texts. I texted back as you all see and I offered her money back. What else could I do? Again this type of person will never ever be happy. We have all dealt with them. It's part of business and I really hate that. The animal has only had 5 meals. They only grow so much. As for my shipping, if you have ever received an animal from Rich Ihle at Salmonboa.com he ships in a new tube sock so if its good enough for Rich its good enough for me. I have been doing it for 15 years. I don't use Styrofoam or heat when its in the mid 90s. I have shipped hundreds of animals with no problems. I hope everyone has better things to do than make this a 20 page "he said she said." I know I do. To all my friends that understand and see I did no wrong thanks for the support! If I ever sell you a animal that your not happy with, pick up the phone or at least answer the phone. I want you to be happy. I'd stay away from this person as I don't see them lasting in this industry and that may be a good thing. Sorry for wasting every ones time. buyer should have just called me, im done! don't humor her by blowing this up...
Jimmy Horton www.Texhiss.com
I am sorry Sir but the way that animal was shipped was WRONG!
It was not fullfilling the requirements of the Lacey Act, as you have been in the hobby 15 years as you claim you should well know that!
A plain brown box with no labels stating the contents of live harmless reptile is NOT the way it should be shipped.
The only way I have seen anybody ship like that before is when they wanted to "cheat" and send it by UPS or USPS.
The op said it arrived by Fedex so there would have been NO good reason to not label the box and its contents correctly!
You may have great animals for sale, this may be an issue blown up a little by the op but if you truly believe the way you shipped was "good enough" then that on its own warrants you this BOI!

Old 10-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #32
Black Adder
Now I am looking at the animal itself, moving on from your shoddy shipping, and it appears to be very malnourished and dehydrated and that does not happen overnight
ALL my baby boas were fed a small meal once a week, which they all took heartily, there is no way your maths adds up with a May birth and just 5 meals!
Poor thing was on just a survival regime and barely at that.
Not sure what has changed as previous reports of yourself were pretty good but this? If this is the new you Mr Horton you need to take a long hard look in the mirror and figure out where you went wrong

Old 10-02-2015, 09:14 AM   #33
Guy Castro
Shipping looks like arse,and the extremely thin animal in the hand looks like arse! Stay away from people that would disagree.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #34
ShawneeAlice
I have to agree with everyone that the condition of the animal is not good and probably hasn't been for a while. The only way I could see a BABY boa eating once a month is if it kept refusing, but even then that's unlikely and there are so many things you can do and try if that is the case. OP I've had a dehydrated snake before, and aside from letting it drink and soaking it, I provided small meals until it could work up to regular sized ones.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:31 AM   #35
MissFirefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonbreeder View Post
Come on guys if you know me you know I'd never let a animal go with health issues. I don't need the money that bad! Some people will never be happy! When I got a text, not a phone call, say I'm not happy and then 3 or 4 long texts, I called. She would not answer, then later, texted me another 3 or 4 lonnnnnnng texts. I texted back as you all see and I offered her money back. What else could I do? Again this type of person will never ever be happy. We have all dealt with them. It's part of business and I really hate that. The animal has only had 5 meals. They only grow so much. As for my shipping, if you have ever received an animal from Rich Ihle at Salmonboa.com he ships in a new tube sock so if its good enough for Rich its good enough for me. I have been doing it for 15 years. I don't use Styrofoam or heat when its in the mid 90s. I have shipped hundreds of animals with no problems. I hope everyone has better things to do than make this a 20 page "he said she said." I know I do. To all my friends that understand and see I did no wrong thanks for the support! If I ever sell you a animal that your not happy with, pick up the phone or at least answer the phone. I want you to be happy. I'd stay away from this person as I don't see them lasting in this industry and that may be a good thing. Sorry for wasting every ones time. buyer should have just called me, im done! don't humor her by blowing this up...
Jimmy Horton www.Texhiss.com
I don't know you, this post is the first time I've heard your name and you're not doing yourself any favors with this type of response. The animal was improperly shipped (styrofoam insulation, a heat pack, and a marker to properly label the box shouldn't break the bank and are not corners to cut) and arrived in a condition that would have taken more than a day to achieve.

And, in my opinion, your entire ideology on forcing someone onto the phone borders on bullying. If I had a poor transaction with someone, I would want everything in writing and not wasting time on a "he said/she said" situation when proof needs to be provided. If your customer's preferred method of communication isn't the phone, deal with it.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #36
hypocamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuamata View Post
I'm sorry, but some people aren't so well adapted to talking on the phone. I'm socially awkward and have an anxiety disorder. Talking is not my strong point, but typing is. You did not notice I was mostly quiet the whole time you talked aside from an occasional,"Uh huh..."? I would think you'd be interested in best accommodating your customers or no?

I would have been happy with an apology and an acknowledgement that what you sent me is not acceptable. I don't care about the money, I care about an animals' well being. It's NOT mid-90's here, how you shipped him is absolutely not acceptable. It's 50F and was for the majority of his trip, I'd say he spent at least 12 hours in 50F temperatures... hence why he was so cold when he got to me. I'm sure he got tumbled around and tossed because, as far as they knew, he was just an inanimate object, since you didn't properly mark the box...

Did you provide a snake? Yes. Did you offer a refund? Yes. Did I reject the refund? Yes. Do I have a right to share this experience so that others may consider this before buying? YES. The transaction itself was FINE, but everything else? Not so much...

I really don't get the reasoning of,"Well, so and so does it so it must be right!" I truly do not understand that reasoning...
Sounds like you could never be happy. I hope when or if you have a child and it gets sick that you complain to the hospital.

I think everyone here should add you to the do not sell to list.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his shipping methods. Its old school and it works perfectly. Get over it!! I have received $2000 snakes in the exact same way from big breeders and its fine. An insulated box is not necessary ALL THE TIME! I think when a box is labeled "Live harmless Reptiles" it only encourages the FedEx/UPS guy to shake the crap out of it.

I agree that the snake is thin and dehydrated. It should have never been sent out in that condition. Make that the topic of the thread.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:59 AM   #37
MissFirefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocamaro View Post
Sounds like you could never be happy. I hope when or if you have a child and it gets sick that you complain to the hospital.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his shipping methods. Its old school and it works perfectly. Get over it!! I have received $2000 snakes in the exact same way from big breeders and its fine. An insulated box is not necessary ALL THE TIME! I think when a box is labeled "Live harmless Reptiles" it only encourages the FedEx/UPS guy to shake the crap out of it.

I agree that the snake is thin and dehydrated. It should have never been sent out in that condition. Make that the topic of the thread.
Seems like the OP only had reasonable expectations regarding shipping which weren't met and there was plenty wrong with the shipping methods mainly that they violate FedEx's policy which could have ramifications for transporting reptiles overall. Have you forgotten that the Lacey Act exists?

If I were a breeder I would have no issue with this buyer from what I have read here.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #38
Black Adder
Quote:

WHAT PART OF THE LACEY ACT ARE YOU NOT FAMILIAR WITH?
It does not matter what you may think it may encourage the Fedex employees to do IT IS REQUIRED TO STATE ON ALL DELIVERIES LIVE HARMLESS REPTILE, end of story!
And yes an insulated box is NOT a requirement but it IS common practice and common sense if for no other reason it helps strengthen the box so when the Fedex employees are tempted to play footsie with it( as you seem to think may happen) it has a little more chance of survival!
And lets be honest that foam insulation is dirt cheap! I buy it in large packets from Home Depot, its just wall insulation, think about $5 for a huge amount!!!

Old 10-02-2015, 12:36 PM   #39
Black Adder
Quote:

Additionally the OP has already made the topic of the thread which is both the condition of the animal AND the poor shipping practices IF you bother to read the header!
So BOTH are fully open to discussion and comment in this thread.......

Old 10-02-2015, 01:28 PM   #40
ElexisC
Quote:

Based on your responce I'm sure most have added YOU to their do not sell to or buy from list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa, breeder, texas