Info TexHiss Jimmy Horton - Poor Animal Condition, Bad Shipping Practices - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:22 PM   #61
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Those are rat racks Laura.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I should have read all the replies before replying I see it was said multiple times now, but I do agree with the other person, if I walk out in my dining room right now and snap a picture of my rat racks (yes they're in the dining room we don't use it or the livingroom where the snakes are lol) you will see food on every mesh top that has a rat/s in the tub and some aspen on the floor from them digging around. That room is far too clean and no food on the mesh to have rats in there.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #62
tim brophy
I truly wonder how many times he was actually fed. They can live off their yolk sac for quite some time. Possible this guy has eaten even less than claimed.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:19 PM   #63
Kuamata
I don't think we'll ever actually know since his story seems to change... I'm going to attempt feeding later tonight, after work, crossing my fingers it goes well!

Also, someone said I gave negative karma and that I had issues?... I'm really confused and sorry to whoever said that, but my option is to only give good karma - which is what I, at least thought, was doing when I added 'especially good comment' karma to posts I agreed with. That's the only option I'm given.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:20 PM   #64
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonbreeder View Post
Its a rodent room there are no snakes in there wow you people see what you want to see, if the snake was dehydrated its because it was in a box for 24 hours I know I should have put water in the box right
DA. He had a water bowl of water in his tub, I know I should have made him drink, really. Think what you want your minds are all made up.

And on that sorry negative note yes I think we can all say our minds have been made up for us.
Obviously you seem to think your reputation will ride above this BOI thread but it looks like you have weighed, you have been measured and you absolutely have been found wanting!
Welcome to the New World

Yes terrible plagarism I know!

Old 10-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #65
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
I truly wonder how many times he was actually fed. They can live off their yolk sac for quite some time. Possible this guy has eaten even less than claimed.
The ad, which was from 10/1/15, states six feedings for a baby born the first week of May. That averages out to once every three weeks, assuming it took a couple of weeks for the first shed and the seller didn't feed right before shipping.

So, while I don't agree with that light of a feeding schedule for a neonate, I think that the seller was honest in his ad wording at least, and it was up to the buyer to do the math on the feeding schedule.

On the shipping, my understanding of having styrofoam in the box is to help with structural integrity to prevent the contents from being crushed, in addition to maintaining safe interior temperatures.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:40 PM   #66
meowmeowkazoo
I agree with Diem that it looks like more than being underfed, and perhaps a badly treated regurgitation is to blame.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #67
Kuamata
Do keep in mind the ad pictured was posted after I had told him I was unhappy with the condition of the animal. I do admit to skimming the original ad that I did not screen shot, since he immediately deleted it after I called saying I was interested. Lesson learned to read even the tiniest and mundane of details and to screen shot -everything- despite what BOI ratings are.

At least the practices he seems to defend have been brought to light on the BOI, with proof to back, so that others that may see his ad and search his reputation will know that this is how his business is done in 2015, and at least the little fella is gonna get some food in his belly!

Old 10-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #68
Mech
I do not do boas or pythons.
I like kings,torts,chams,bees and love my green wing.
My dozen or so kings are watered every other day (third day at the extremel latest)and fed their need on the fifth or sixth day.
All others receive daily care.
Would something similar be about right for constrictors?
I'm thinking so.
But hey not really by bag.
Every now and then we all could use a "check" to do a better job with what we do.
The seller offered a refund but I hope he can see this as an opportunity to better himself.
Andy.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #69
lillyorchid
Poor creature. That is not how you care for baby boas, or any snake for that matter. I'm glad the OP got it out of your care. Sadly you made money on a malnourished and poorly cared for animal from within your care.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #70
hypocamaro
Its funny how you guys choose sides based on the situation. I posted about how a guy was underfeeding his bolivian red tail boa and all of you guys stuck up for him.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...49#post1856749

So is this snake way underfed or "Starved". I know its not thin but it is very very very undersized to be a 2013.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa, breeder, texas