one more question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-14-2005, 02:21 PM   #1
houdini1
one more question

well i have read alot that sand poses a major health threat to leos, it looks really cool but not at the risk of an animal. so i was wondering if the esu reptile terrarium carpet would be okay for leos. thank you,
kristy

Old 12-14-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
saltwaterreptiles
yup... I would suggest any non-particle substrate.... I use papertowel in my tubs, and a slate tile in my tanks.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:23 PM   #3
Boidaddic14
That would be fine, but newspaper or paper towels is much cheaper and easier to clean. JMO
Eric

Old 12-14-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
ByRandom
One thing that they haven't mentioned is that they "carpet" has small loops of thread. These loops then could tangle up in the nails of the gecko. This could be a quick tangle and release, or it could tangle their nail and they'd jerk and pull until either the thread breaks, or the nail breaks / pulls off / breaks their toe. Just some food for thought.

Old 12-14-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
snowgyre
I use zoo med's reptibark. It's visually appealing, is non-toxic, and my geckos don't ingest it at all because each woodchip is too big to eat. It also cuts down on odors, not that there's a lot to begin with. ^_~

Old 12-14-2005, 05:25 PM   #6
saltwaterreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre
It also cuts down on odors, not that there's a lot to begin with. ^_~
HAH... I should introduce you to two of my leos, I don't know why, but they have the most FOUL poop on earth. Both of them eat the same as the rest, both have been tested and are healthy, BUT, they smell to high heaven, as soon as I open the door to the herp room I know if one of those two stinkers have had a good ol' number 2...

The rest though, not so much....

Old 12-15-2005, 08:10 AM   #7
The NY Gecko
i use zoo med cage carpet. its awesome

Old 12-15-2005, 08:46 AM   #8
raiquee
Leos feet can get caught up in the carpet, so beware. Larger mulch is probably a better option. You could also use slate and use that as the bottom and make it appealing that way as well.

I use newspaper

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!