Removal request - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:29 PM   #1
Glenn Bartley
Removal request

Mr. Z,
Please remove my membership from the faunaclassifieds.com site. Also please unsubscribe me fro any threads to which I am subscribed.

I have to agree with you that leaving this site may be the best thing to do, so I to your suggestion because after careful consideration I realize it would be wrong for me to stay. After seeing the blatant twisting of the truth you wrote about my time as a moderator over at your ArmsLocker.com site, I can see that you have become what you have always seemed to fight against.

Thanks Jeff, oh no thats right you are not Jeff you are Rich - I got confused for a moment. Jeff never twisted the truth did he, he just censored his site as he saw fit and would not allow BOI type postings, and seemed favor his advertisers. Hmm, I have to admit that does seem better, to me, than what you have started to do but that is just my opinion. I do not look forward to the day when I hear that at least one dirt bag herp dealer (as reported somewhere in the BOI in the past) has been accepted as a certified good guy! Maybe it will not happen, and better it will be if it does not but; I sort of imagine it will get through the cracks somehow. Too bad if that is right, good luck that it does not..

Oh well, it is your site and you have to live with it but I do not.
Glenn Bartley

ps: please remove me as soon as possible, thanks

Old 02-21-2005, 07:38 PM   #2
reptilebreeder
There may be some that fall through the cracks, nothing is perfect, not even the BOI. But they will be found out, eventually, because of the BOI. That's why this website is so useful.
Rich was right, you are trying to make yourself a martyr. You can't make yourself a martyr. You've turned into a typical board or newsgroup member who doen't like something and turns into a big, whiny baby

Boo-hoo I don't like it here anymore, erase me from all the databases, okay everybody, I'm really leaving, seriously really, bye, bye, please remove me from the list. Okay, I'm going bye.

You won't be seeing me here, I'm leaving, bye. There will be no evidence that I was ever here, bye, bye.

Okay, let me see if anybody replied to my post yet. nope not yet, maybe I didn't get the word out enough. okay bye.

Still nothing? okay bye, see you later, bye. I'm outta here. I'll check bavk on my post, as a visitor, bye bye now.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:38 PM   #3
WebSlave
Nope Glenn, I don't remove memberships here. That would leave a whole bunch of holes in threads, not to mention anything you have posted on the BOI. You just have to use some self restraint and not come back here.

As for unsubscriptions, that is a function in your User Control Panel that you will have to exercise yourself.

I take it from your comments that you left kingsnake.com in a huff too?

Bye bye!

Old 02-21-2005, 10:23 PM   #4
cthulhu77
Glenn:

I hope that you were seriously drunk out of your mind when you wrote that maudlin post...I mean, come on...booohoooohooo. Perhaps you should be asking that this thread be deleted ????
greg

Old 02-21-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
ms_terese
There have been times when I've been truly disheartened by what I've seen/read on Fauna. This is one of those times.

I've pretty much kept up with the relevant threads that culminated in this request, although I've not read every single word; nor have I any knowledge of the armslocker site.

What I see is that two people who have held each other in high esteem are having a parting of the ways. That's disheartening, even though it has no direct effect on me. I just know that there are not nearly enough people that I can honestly describe as "a trusted friend", and it's sad that people who previously would have described each other that way are no longer maintaining that trust.

More relevant to me personally (because YES it's all about me...LOL) is that I will miss Glenn's contribution of intelligence, common sense, ethics, and humor to this site.

Glenn, please take a couple of days to think about this. Ask yourself if it's not possible that whatever happened on the other site, which you've referenced as "twisting the truth", could not simply be different interpretations of the actual events?

Do you really believe that after all Rich has done to out the bad guys in this industry, that he's sold his soul for a couple of $10 or $25 memberships?

You disagreed with his choices. So be it. That doesn't mean he's grown horns. It doesn't mean you're wrong. It means you disagreed.

Yes, Rich invited you to ease on down the road and start your own site. I've met Rich once in person, for about 20 seconds, at a show in Chicago. Never spoken to him on the phone, never bought from him or sold to him...but even I was able to easily interpret that his exit invitation to you was a result of frustration. Did he mean it? Probably. He's tired of defending himself. He opened up forums and threads and polls and listened to everyone's opinions... he agreed, he disagreed, he was accused of unethical behavior, he defended himself....and then he made a decision.

It's not the end of the world. It's not as if Rich has peeled off the mask of a Dudley Do-Right to expose his true Dr. Evil character. He decided to implement a membership fee for this site. Period.

Can this system be abused? You betcha! Might the membership fee discourage some people from posting good guy threads, or reporting bad guys? Of course. Might the membership fee rid the BOI of some of the trolls and troublemakers? Hell yes.

It's not black and white, Glenn. It's not perfect. Rich is not a knight in shining armour. He's a guy who got screwed in a deal and decided to help others avoid the same fate. If his good intentions (and deeds) had stopped at that very first one of creating the BOI, it would have sufficed to identify him as a good guy. At this point, he's weathered lawsuits, expenses, threats, and major inconvenience to keep this "creation" functional and meaningful.

Then he came up with an idea about charging for membership. Not a novel idea, as other sites do this all the time. Within an hour of Rich's first post saying "hey, what do you think of this idea?", his methods, his intentions, and his character were placed under attack.

It got old. Quickly. Rich may be a little snippy about now.

Glenn, your idealism is commendable. Don't let the realities of the world take that from you, but don't desert an opportunity for good simply because it's (or it's owner) is imperfect.

Please, Glenn, think about this. Fauna is still worth support, and it still needs good guys...guys like you AND Rich.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:32 PM   #6
robin d.
glenn, even i will miss you and thats saying ALLOT. even though we agree to disagree or just in all disagree you have allot to offer this comunity.
i think you should listen to Teresa.. think about it

Old 02-22-2005, 01:47 AM   #7
WebSlave
Snippy? Me? Nah, what would make you think that?

I guess I am just getting tired of these "damned if you do, and damned if you don't" situations here. If I had just gone ahead and sprung this on everyone without any input, probably people would have gotten pissed at me, and some of them would have left. So instead, I ask for input (beginning back in November) gave everyone enough time to throw as many ideas as they could at me so I could evaluate all of the ones which I had not considered before and try to figure out what is BEST to do here with everything in mind. So what happens? People get pissed at me and leave.

Perhaps I should have just done Plan A after all and save myself a couple of months of grief.

I do not care if some people disagree with me. If the majority does, well then I will consider that my opinion may be all wet and rethink the issue. But if the majority apparently agrees with me, I REALLY don't need the minority acting like I am brain dead and just don't get what they are telling me. Saying it ONCE is just plenty, thank you very much. And if anyone believes that my asking for opinions puts me into an obligation to actually USE their advice in disregard of all of the others, then do me a favor: Don't offer your opinion, please. Your opinion is not the only one that matters on this planet.

As far as Glenn is concerned, he obviously has some real issues with what I am doing here, and cannot accept that I have chosen a different path then he wants me to. That's life. When he started the thread insinuating, in my opinion, that I was engaging in something underhanded with my plan to do the proactive approach with the certification program, well, yeah, that was enough for me to see that disagreement with my decision had bloomed into something deeper then simple discouragement. Still, I have not banned Glenn. I just gave him the option to do whatever he thought best. I have NEVER banned anyone just for disagreeing with me, and I have also never banned anyone for just being downright disagreeable towards me by nature.

So what Glenn does is up to him. Only he can decide what is best for him based on the way I am running this site. I regret anyone leaving, but that is not sufficient grounds for me to change the way I am doing things in order to prevent it.

Old 02-22-2005, 01:51 AM   #8
Ophis
Damn it, I posted this somewhere else. it should have gone here.

I agree with Webbie on this one.

Glenn should do the right thing. He should emulate the proverbial tragic hero of the old classic western. Truss your wound, saddle up and ride slowly off into that cold dark night. Your only comfort being the knowledge that you made a stand against the greedy cattle barron(played by Webbie) as you hear that little blonde haired kid(played by the last few posters) yell SHANE!............SHAAAAAANEEEEEE!......COME BACK SHANE!...........(yea...I know its glenn...that was just for effect) and leave the audience wondering "Who was that masked man?"......wait, thats another movie, right?

Old 02-23-2005, 10:33 AM   #9
Chris@TSE
You've already stated in other threads that you do not agree with what Rich is doing...

You've also made your intentions very clear...

Don't like it here? LEAVE ALREADY

Don't waste our time with yet ANOTHER post about it, I thought you were gone by now. Of course your decision is unfortunate but its your decision...... All you're doing now is adding to un-needed drama. But thanks for announcing it allllllllllllllllllllll yet again for everyone to see. Your intentions are obvious and noted.

Bye. (In case you're still here)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!