Mangy dog!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Mangy dog!!

Literally!
Well~ I thought getting a mongrel this time would keep us out of the vet. No such luck~ she has issues related to her less than sanitary beginnings rather than her breeding!

Poor girl was an UGLY adolescent. Just this last Saturday I was thinking she was starting to come into her own and turn into a decently good looking dog:

But when I gave her a bath Saturday I noticed sores on her skin. A lot of them. So many that if I didn't know any better I'd say the dog was covered with bruises!! So I took her to the vet. The vet said first to stop kicking the dog (I don't kick the dog!) Second~ she has MANGE

I didn't think dogs got mange anymore! I guess this is some type of mite in her skin that is pretty normal for a dog to have~ but the environment where she was born must have been pretty filthy and she has more of the mites than she can "outgrow." (I keep telling her how greatfull she should be living in the lap of luxury here considering she was born to be a street dog! But she believes she deserves to be spoiled like a diva)

So~ the answer to the dogs skin issue?
Shave the dog down and dip her every ten days in some RANK stuff.
Naturally~ no groomer would shave the dog. She has sores (and a staff infection from chewing at the sores). So I had to do it. The dog has BIONIC hair.

I SWEAR she has BIONIC hair! I bought NEW $90 clippers! It would have been faster to CHEW the hair off the stupid dog. There is more dog hair in my house (even though I did the work in the yard) than there is ON the dog!!!

Back to FUGLY dog~

I really don't understand why my kids won't let me cut their hair. Thats not bad for 2 FULL days work on BIONIC hair! LOL! (even the cats are laughing at her)