Professionalism? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #21
LakesideBoas
Jim...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
Hoo boy, this is getting a bit abstract, even for me. Focus? Point?
Me Too!
I think a summary of the original post reads something like, "whine, whine, whine, blah, blah, blah.." or something along those lines.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #22
Jim O
FWIW, Walk is hiding his true IP unless he is browsing from three different commercial web servers.

His typing style also has something in common with hypoboas13. Care to comment on why you are hiding your real IP "mike"? Also, you only recently registered on this site and have 27 posts, most of which appear to be on the Feedback forum. Does leave one a bit curious, eh?

Old 12-02-2007, 01:04 AM   #23
ravensgait
Well there does seem to be a lot of whimpering going on in this forum and JimO seems to have the take on the most recent hurt dog.

Now I could guess that he is referring to the Dave Lawson thread and the recent remarks made to one of our local Jedi etts but that's just a guess.

Now if I recall correctly Rich when asked about how the Mods should conduct themselves on this site, that he said something to the effect that they are free to speak their minds as long as they stay within the rules ETC ETC. Randy

Old 12-02-2007, 01:19 AM   #24
WebSlave
The site mods volunteer their time and efforts on this site. The warning system mods PAY to have that authority via membership levels. Although they are expected to act within the rules of this site, they are not being asked to give up their privilege of responding to posts as MEMBERS. Every mod is a member of this site and well within their rights to act as such when they feel inclined to do so. Any one of them overstepping the rules would then be treated the same as a regular member and subject to being sanctioned by the other mods.

The fact that a mod might reply to a post does not give that reply any more weight than anyone else's postings here. When acting as a mod, yes, they are held to a higher standard of conduct, but not when acting as a MEMBER.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #25
bud mierkey
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk of Life
I have noticed in a couple threads recently that the level of professionalism exhibited by some of our "leading members" appears to be somewhat on the wane. When did it become appropriate for those whose lead we are supposed to follow, to engage in name calling and other rude behavior towards other members?

There is one thread in particular where several seem to have ganged up on one particular member and repeatedly left demeaning comments. Now in that particular case, the victim does engage in behavior that would lead most, including myself, to draw the same conclusion about his mental capabilities, but does this warrant our leaders who are acting in a position of authority here to stoop to that level and post it in a public forum? It almost seems like they are playing to the crowd, rather then moderating.

There are a few members whom we have all come to expect this behavior from, but I was really surprised to see it play forth from those whom we would expect to see setting the example here.

I would have hoped that barring those few individuals who seem to thrive on this type of behavior, that we had, through recent similar discussion, put some of this behind both ourselves and Fauna.

One can dream I suppose!

YES I agree it is quite a problem.
I try to never call names like a immature child.
And they do it over and over with no reguards.
now even some of the people we trust to be legit are now showing their true colors doing it also
A total lack of professionalism starts with childish name calling.
Then you go down hill from there.
If I were a new guy here I would be turned off by it.
name calling leads to anger anger leads to hate leads to the dark side!

Old 12-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #26
ravensgait
""name calling leads to anger anger leads to hate leads to the dark side!""
this leads to the opinion most have of you and thus the use of many of the words used to describe that opinion of you, such as Idiot ETC... Randy

Old 12-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #27
bud mierkey
question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Although they are expected to act within the rules of this site, they are not being asked to give up their privilege of responding to posts as MEMBERS. Every mod is a member of this site and well within their rights to act as such when they feel inclined to do so. Any one of them overstepping the rules would then be treated the same as a regular member and subject to being sanctioned by the other mods.

The fact that a mod might reply to a post does not give that reply any more weight than anyone else's postings here. When acting as a mod, yes, they are held to a higher standard of conduct, but not when acting as a MEMBER.

So if they post as a member they may lose credibility due to their choice of words.
yet they still represent this site as a moderator.
what I am getting at is when they post as a member can you reply back
as harsh as they replied to you?
without worry of warnings or suspension?
or are they immune from retaliation.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #28
ravensgait
Bud has the thought ever crossed your mind that it is the way you act that causes the low opinion many have of you?? Has the thought ever crossed your mind that maybe just maybe if you say ditched the idiotic Jedi crap and stopped acting like such a twit that maybe folks here and elsewhere would look more favorably on you and thus have a better opinion of you?? I mean come on you don't like when people refer to you as an Idiot ETC but that's how many perceive you and they see you that way because you act that way. Seems simple to me act like something other than the names used in reference to you..Randy

Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #29
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud mierkey
I try to never call names like a immature child.
And they do it over and over with no reguards.
With regard to the long list of names you've been called, I find them to be both appropriate and satisfactory.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #30
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud mierkey
what I am getting at is when they post as a member can you reply back
as harsh as they replied to you?
without worry of warnings or suspension?
or are they immune from retaliation.
Why would you even care to ask that if you TRY your hardest not to act as an immature child with the name calling?

Please stop thinking so hard. You have me worried you'll suffer a seizure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!