CB Salamanders for Sale (updated 9-25) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 01:45 AM   #1
OneTwentySix
CB Salamanders for Sale (updated 9-25)

I currently have the following captive bred salamanders for sale (updated 9-25):

Cynops orientalis, Chinese Firebelly Newt -$10 each
Cynops pyrrhogaster, Japanese Firebelly Newt -$15 each
Cynops ensicauda popei, Gold Dust Newt -$18 each
Mesotriton alpestris apaunus, Alpine Newt -$20 each
Pseudobranchus axanthus axanthus, Southern Dwarf Siren -$30 each
Taricha granulosa, Oregon Newt -$25 each
Triturus dobrogicus, Danube Crested Newt $30 each
Neurergus strauchii, Strauch's Spotted Newt -$70 each
Dendrobates leucomelas, Bumblebee Dart Frog - $60 each
Ambystoma laterale, Blue-spotted Salamander -$30 each
Ambystoma maculatum, Spotted Salamander -$30

Cynops orientalis, Chinese Firebelly Newt -$10 each

C. orientalis is the common pet store newt. Adults generally reach around four inches in length. Animals for sale are around five months old, and an inch and a half in length.

Cynops pyrrhogaster, Japanese Firebelly Newt -$15 each

C. pyrrhogaster were once imported in large numbers, but have been almost entirely replaced in the pet trade by C. orientalis. Japanese firebellies grow a bit larger than C. orientalis (around 5.5 inches). These animals are currently in their terrestrial phase.

Cynops ensicauda popei, Gold Dust Newt -$18 each

C. e. popei are another species of Japanese Cynops, reaching up to seven inches. C. ensicauda are ideal for those without basements or temperature controlled houses, as they are more tolerant of heat than other Cynops species (with a max tolerance around 80F, though cooler temperatures are recommended).

Alpine newts are a medium sized species of crested newt, reaching an adult length of around 4.5 inches. Males develop a small crest during the breeding season and become especially colorful. Animals for sale are young juveniles (around 5 months) between 1.5 and 2 inches.

Pseudobranchus axanthus axanthus, Southern Dwarf Siren -$30 each

I currently have a number of Southern Dwarf Siren juveniles. This is the first time captive bred dwarf sirens have been made available to the public.

Dwarf sirens are small, permanently aquatic salamanders that never develop hind legs. Roughly eel-shaped, dwarf sirens reach around 10 inches in length at maturity, which takes between 12 and 18 months in captivity. They're extremely tolerant of heat and can take temperatures into the mid 80s with no problem, making them a great choice for those without air conditioning during the summer. And like most salamanders, they're fine in cooler water as well; P. axanthus are native to lakes and permanent water bodies in southern to mid Florida.

Animals are around five months old and are 2-3 inches in length. They're eating daphnia, blackworms, and mosquito larvae - a varied diet is highly recommended.

Taricha granulosa, Oregon Newt -$25

T. granulosa are large newts from the west-coast United States. These are large metamorphs, captive bred early 2007. Limited availability.

Triturus dobrogicus, Danube Crested Newt- $30

T. dobrogicus are long, slender newts. During the breeding season, males will develop a large crest while turning a bright orange color. These animals are sexable adults almost two years in age and should breed this fall; many of the males are starting to come into breeding dress already. Limited number available.

Neurergus strauchii, Strauch's Spotted Newt -$70 each

N. strauchi are large newts, growing to between 5 and 7 inches. They are rarely offered for sale in the pet trade and are growing threatened in the wild. These animals are captive bred and are extremely attractive, with spots varying from yellow to orange between animals. Here's your chance at owning some of these beautiful newts! Pictures available on request.

Dendrobates leucomelas, Bumblebee Dart Frog - $60

I also have one D. leucomelas for sale. This is an adult animal, from Summer 2006. Animal is assumed female but no guarantees on gender.

I also have a few Captive Hatched animals; animals that were raised from WC eggs.

Ambystoma laterale, Blue-spotted Salamander -$30 each

Blue-spotted salamanders are a smaller species of mole salamander from the northern US that grow to around 5-6 inches. They are completely terrestrial and prefer to hide under a layer of leaves or a cover object. They're currently eating fruit flies but might be ready for small chunks of earthworm via forceps. Animals are around 2 inches long.

I also have one animal, a runt from last year; he's just over three inches and would do well on a diet of small or chopped worms. $40

Ambystoma maculatum, Spotted Salamander -$30

Maculatum are a larger species of Ambystomid salamander, and they grow to around 7-8 inches. They're a bit more fossorial than the A. laterale and are more likely to burrow into the substrate.

Only one animal is available, he's roughly 1.5-2 inches.

Shipping generally runs around $25 USPS. If USPS overnight is not available, shipping runs around $50 for FedEx overnight. All orders are subject to a $5 box and handling fee as well. Please include your zip code for a shipping quote with orders. Customer is responsible for actual cost of shipping should price exceed quote. For more details, including my live arrival guarantee, please see: http://www.amphibianaquatics.com/ordering.html

To place an order or if you have any questions regarding the animals listed here, please e-mail me at peter@amphibianaquatics.com. Please send e-mail rather than PM; PMs may take longer to respond to.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-27-2008, 02:12 AM   #2
TrulyRare
those crested newts are so neat. looking.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
OneTwentySix
I've got some new animals up for sale, in case anyone is interested. Thanks!
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-25-2008, 06:17 AM   #4
OneTwentySix
I've updated again with some new animals.
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
Glenn Bartley
Hi,

I am interested in both of these species:

Triturus dobrogicus, Danube Crested Newt- $30

Do you have any still available, and if so please tell me the number available of each. I would probably be interested in 1.2 of dobrogcius, and/or 2.3 of the alpestris.

All the best,
Glenn Bartley

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread