Tapatalk Problem w/ Attached Pics in Ads - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
bcr229
Tapatalk Problem w/ Attached Pics in Ads

When using Tapatalk to create ads, when photos are attached the forum software doesn't set up a photo to the left of the ad in the main list. I've attached a picture of what I mean.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2019, 01:05 PM   #2
WebSlave
Looking at the ad entitled "Pair of stardust diamonds", I am not seeing the author using the file attachment function to attach a photo to their ad in that manner. Without using that "attach" function, no, there will not be an image displayed as a thumbnail for the ad.

Quote:
I have a pair of RPDs up for sale for the time being anyway. Pair was produced by Dave Sutton in 2015 and purchased by me last year. Both are on FT rats and just came out of cooling. They have been cooled every year and grown slow as diamonds should be. Both can be handled with no problems. I will only sell as a pair. Both are pure Cypress Creek x Geb Bailey and came form Dave's pure stock from 2003. This pair is 3k shipped with in the US.[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/69f7bab94d2c8c43634b65c1b98b56c5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/8c2400249d40658a33c7ace07b3e9338.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Although the two images state they are "uploaded", they are in reality only embedded as IMG codes within the ad text itself. They MUST use the attachment function for the thumbnail operation to work.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:12 PM   #3
bcr229
Makes sense. I don't have Tapatalk installed so I can't test the difference between the two.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:24 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
Rich, there have been recurring upload failures for attaching photos yesterday into today. I was able to help some members last night, but now it is not even letting me do so in my own posts. Not sure what has changed, as my manner of attaching has not changed. I am wondering if the automatic resizing that used to occur might not be functioning as well as before, but that is a shot in the dark on my part.

"Upload of file failed."

That is the message I get in the attachment window.

Not on Tapatalk, btw. Plain old Windows PC. Which, yes, I have restarted. lol

Old 03-30-2019, 05:09 PM   #5
WebSlave
Well, I guess I'll try my own uploads and see what happens....
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2019, 05:12 PM   #6
WebSlave
Well, those seemed to work.

What can you tell me about the files you were trying to upload, Nick? Location specific, maybe? Size?

All four of the above images were 800x533 pixels, file size varying from 40.9KB to 111.3KB.

Windows 10 desktop PC.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:22 PM   #7
WebSlave
Trying another upload....
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2019, 05:24 PM   #8
WebSlave
Hmm, both appear to have been uploaded. What is interesting is that the first one exceeds one dimension of the chart shown, yet the program didn't yelp nor reject the attempt to upload it.

Let me try a REALLY large image and see what happens.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:25 PM   #9
WebSlave
Well, the image I tried to upload was 8256x5504 pixels, 15.6 megabytes in size. The upload failed, with this message displayed:

Quote:
Your attachment request has reached our server without any data so we could not process it. Please try to send it again! If you are sending multiple attachements at once, uploading them one by one might help. It can also help to clear your browser's cache.

If you keep getting this error even after you cleared your browser's cache, please try to use a different browser to upload/handle attachements.

Old 03-31-2019, 03:09 AM   #10
nickolasanastasiou
The images were 3.37MB to 3.40MB, but that would previously never cause me any problems and the process of uploading would have the site software automatically resize them into the 400kB+ range (which was convenient since it meant not having to resize them before uploading). I am guessing that is no longer within the tolerance of the automated resizing (if there is still automated resizing). The upload failure is new and is affecting others as well, so I do not think it is anything specific to my PC.

Windows 8 (I know, I know). Files are jpeg images from my SD card from my camera (Nikon Coolpix P900).

Update while typing this:

I just did a very quick resize to what a program claimed was 50%, which put them at 1.10MB to 1.12MB and tried to upload those. That worked - as in the site was able to automatically resize the images during the upload process as it used to for me with files 2X-3X the size.

Based on this, I am concluding that my thought of resizing tolerances having been lowered is likely correct. This may take extra steps for people now, as I know my camera and my phone take much larger images than 1MB (my real camera takes them at 3MB+ with defaults in place and I looked at a photo my phone was used to casually take a few days ago and that image was 5.60MB with default settings). It is not a big deal for me and will only slow things down very slightly when I want to put images into an ad or other post, but people who are not used to digging into their phone image manipulation settings and use their phones as their primary internet devices *might* have to figure some stuff out to get file sizes down to where the site's automated resizing achieves what it used to with larger files. This is not a complaint, but an observation. If people keep asking me, I will tell them to resize images first. Then upload.

Tags
tapatalk